Stoke (H) Pre match thread

Guest nufc_kev

Guest nufc_kev

Must win game, simple as.

I'd go with a conventional Keegan 4-3-3.

Given

Beye Coloccini Bassong Enrique

Guthrie

Jonas                N'Zogbia

Owen

Viduka            Martins

JFK will probably go along the lines of:

Given

Beye Coloccini Bassong Enrique

Jonas Guthrie Butt Duff

Owen Martins

Got to love WBA's idea of how to deal with the long throws.......knock it out for a corner instead, or get a sub to warm up there and put Delap off :lol:

Agree with king_kev, would love to see 4-3-3 back but think he'll pick that 4-4-2 you've gone with (duff back in for N'Zogbia). From the sounds of things, N'Zogbia didn't have the greatest of games yesterday... but it will interesting to see if he gives him one more chance to prove himself.

Ameobi might be back too, wonder if he'll get any game time now Viduka is back?

We have to win this, simple as that. If we can't beat Stoke at home then we certainly deserve to be in the position we are in.

Don't fix it if it aint broken. Two clean sheets and two draws away from home is good going, there is no reason to change the side and i don't think Joe will TBH. Remember when Owen returned to fitness he let Ameobi keep his place, so i see no reason in Taylor regaining over Bassong.

The only change i can see being made is Duff for N'Zogbia, which i don't think many of us would agreed with but i don't think Duff will make it anyway.

Same side, except with attacking impetus at home, should see us beat Stoke. If we are looking poor on the front foot then we can bring on Duke. 

We have proved we can keep clean sheets away from home but we do hold back a bit on the attacking front, we need a different frame of mind for home games.

Maybe a 4-3-3 like Keegan used to play..

-------------Given

Beye----Colo----Bass----Jose

----Jonas----Butt------Zoggy

-------------Owen

-----Oba------------Dukes

Start with the same team again, if everyone's fit. If we're struggling then give Viduka another 30 minutes or even a full half if he's up to it.

Yep I agree. Early prediction is 3-0, I'm feeling feisty.........owen, guthrie and viduka scoring :p

Those long, flat throws terrify me. Colo isn't the best in the air, so I'd put Taylor in at RB as reinforcement and switch Beye to the left just for this game. Providing we snuff out their aerial threat, we should win comfortably.

Those long, flat throws terrify me. Colo isn't the best in the air, so I'd put Taylor in at RB as reinforcement and switch Beye to the left just for this game. Providing we snuff out their aerial threat, we should win comfortably.

Surely if that's going to happen you put Bassong at left back, given that he's left footed

What. :undecided:

Surely if that's going to happen you put Bassong at left back, given that he's left footed

Well there are various ways of juggling things around, but I'd keep Bassong and Coloccini as centre backs, as they're our best combination. Taylor would be there to add his heading ability for defensive set pieces.

Well there are various ways of juggling things around, but I'd keep Bassong and Coloccini as centre backs, as they're our best combination. Taylor would be there to add his heading ability for defensive set pieces.

Just think it's a bit negative at home. Can see why it would happen though