A reminder to keep your email address up to date

Dave

Dear forum members,

Now the server is set up correctly we've started receiving bounced emails from the forum because some people have email addresses in their account which are out of date and no longer exist. This has initially come to light because by default everyone's account is set up for the forum to email them when they get a new PM. When the forum cannot email you due to your email address being out of date, we get a copy of the PM sent in an error report back to the server.

Please make sure your email address is up to date. For those of you that do change your email address, you will receive a new validation email to confirm the new address is valid.

Go to 'Account Settings' via 'Quick Links' (top right of the forum index) to change it.

Also, turn off the notification emails where necessary. If you wish to do this, click 'Personal Message Options' at the left once in your account settings page and change the drop down option from 'Notify by email every time you receive a personal message' from 'Always' to 'Never'.

If anyone has any problems changing their email address or their notification settings please post in this thread.

Thanks for your assistance. :)

Hey, I had an aol email on mine but thats long since gone - can I put my gmail address in or is that not allowed due to gmail being kinda 'disposable'?

I haven't got an ISP email address.

It should be fine. Let me know if it doesn't work.

Also, just to repeat:

If you have PM notifications turned on, your email address is wrong and someone sends you a PM, I can see the PM in the bounced email.

So Karl, I can see what Nixon said earlier. :lol:

Also, just to repeat:

If you have PM notifications turned on, your email address is wrong and someone sends you a PM, I can see the PM in the bounced email.

You should have kept that quiet.  :lol:

Also, just to repeat:

You should have kept that quiet.  :lol:

I did say in the OP tbf. ;)

Just thought this might scare people into sorting things out. :lol:

Dear forum members,

Now the server is set up correctly we've started receiving bounced emails from the forum because some people have email addresses in their account which are out of date and no longer exist. This has initially come to light because by default everyone's account is set up for the forum to email them when they get a new PM. When the forum cannot email you due to your email address being out of date, we get a copy of the PM sent in an error report back to the server.

Please make sure your email address is up to date. For those of you that do change your email address, you will receive a new validation email to confirm the new address is valid.

Go to 'Account Settings' via 'Quick Links' (top right of the forum index) to change it.

Also, turn off the notification emails where necessary. If you wish to do this, click 'Personal Message Options' at the left once in your account settings page and change the drop down option from 'Notify by email every time you receive a personal message' from 'Always' to 'Never'.

If anyone has any problems changing their email address or their notification settings please post in this thread.

Thanks for your assistance. :)

Maybe an unusual situation, but here we go:

You've got my work e-mail address (didn't get an e-mail), but as I'm emigrating and my personal e-mail is a paid for msn account I won't have a valid e-mail (for this site) for maybe a month or two.

Can you suspend my e-mail, but not access for a bit please?

We emigrate on the 12th of Jan and I'm counting on sites like this to keep me informed.

Ta.

Just turn off notifications and it'll not bother me anyway.

Is that a 'if I don't know, I don't care' statement?   :shifty:

It's a 'if you read the OP you'll see I'd rather your email address was correct, but if not, just turn off all notifications to stop emails bouncing' statement. :)

Just turn off notifications and it'll not bother me anyway.

Is that a 'if I don't know, I don't care' statement?   :shifty:

It's a 'if you read the OP you'll see I'd rather your email address was correct, but if not, just turn off all notifications to stop emails bouncing' statement. :)

:toke:

Guest icemanblue

Also, just to repeat:

:lol:

I'm still trying to think of a suitable reply! I'll sort out the email thingy, chief.