He's back?

oldtype

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sunday-mirror/2008/11/30/ashley-back-in-toon-115875-20935873/

ASHLEY BACK IN TOON

By Brian Mcnally, sundaymirror.co.uk 30/11/2008

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley has been persuaded by his kids to return to the St James' Park ground he was driven out of in September.

Sunday Mirror Sport can reveal that the Ashley children continued to secretly watch Newcastle home matches after angry Toon Army protests forced the billionaire sportswear retailer to stay away following the dramatic departure of manager Kevin Keegan.

Magpies boss Joe Kinnear has revealed Ashley is planning to return after his plans to sell Newcastle for about £250million stalled amidst the global economic crisis.

That could mean Ashley and his siblings are back at St James' Park for next week's visit of Stoke City.

The divorced Sports Direct magnate has three children - Oliver, 18, Anna, 16, and Matilda, 11.

Oliver and Anna have been regulars at Toon games since their dad paid £134m to buy the club last year and since the acrimonious Keegan bust-up have continued to watch Newcastle despite the hostility towards their dad.

A source close to Ashley has revealed his children's passion for the Magpies has convinced him to have another go at being accepted by the Geordie public.

The source said: "The Ashley kids have really bought into the Newcastle thing and are now ardent supporters, always wearing their black and white stripes to matches.

"They were broken-hearted when the row with Keegan turned the Newcastle fans against their father.

"Mike decided it was too dangerous to attend games with the fans baying for his blood, but the kids still travelled up north by helicopter to secretly watch matches.

It's probably just Sunday gossip, but could he be getting ready to give it another go?

If he really wanted to come and watch the games - he could just have been driven into the ground and watched from a box.  Most people in the ground would be unaware he was there - only those in the corporate sections and I don't think they would have given him too much bother.

Guest Jawesome

His son looks like a pig btw.  My 'lass' went to school with him and his sister Anna.  Reckons Anna was alreet.  Wish they hadn't pursuaded him though.  Fucking cunts.

Guest Jawesome

His son looks like a pig btw.  My 'lass' went to school with him and his sister Anna.  Reckons Anna was alreet.  Wish they hadn't pursuaded him though.  Fucking cunts.

wow, thats the most ignorant sentence i have read in a long time. What the hell does his looks have to do with him as a preson? are you gay or something?

He does actually look like a pig though.  In the same way that Wayne Rooney looks like Shrek, yet people don't seem to mind that comparison being made every other week.

Is there no end to the evil of the man? He buys the club simply in order to sell it, appoints Keegan with the deliberate intention of forcing him out of the club, and then -- just to piss people off -- refuses to sell the club after all. Finally, just to rub it in, he insists on coming to sit in the stand that cost him £45 million.

Makes Hitler look like Mary Poppins.

Guest toonlass

I think that anyone who attacked Ashley or his kids could safely be branded as a lowlife. The bloke screwed up! He knows it, we know it. Its not as if he cannot make ammends though. If he wants to come back and invest in the club then he should. I certainly wouldn't be standing there chanting shite at him if he came back.

Guest Jawesome

All i want for Christmas is you Big Mike ! I would love him to come out publicly and say "i don't like Wise either and so i just sacked the little c**t!"

wow, thats the most ignorant sentence i have read in a long time. What the hell does his height have to do with him as a person? are you gay or something?

All i want for Christmas is you Big Mike ! I would love him to come out publicly and say "i don't like Wise either and so i just sacked the little c**t!"

wow, thats the most ignorant sentence i have read in a long time. What the hell does his height have to do with him as a person? are you gay or something?

He couldnt reach to give head.

Fuck...  :lol:I thought this was abt Keegan.I seriously wouldnt be suprised if they are just making this shit up just to give him a second chance.Im all for it though Im tired of this shit,If we cant get new buyers in we might as well back him

Is there no end to the evil of the man? He buys the club simply in order to sell it, appoints Keegan with the deliberate intention of forcing him out of the club, and then -- just to piss people off -- refuses to sell the club after all. Finally, just to rub it in, he insists on coming to sit in the stand that cost him £45 million.

Makes Hitler look like Mary Poppins.

Or maybe he's just a rubbish owner?

As if we couldn't see this coming.  He's fucked up and by not investing sufficiently has left the club in a precarious position for any potential investor, hence no take up.  It'll be a matter of weeks before the crowd is chanting his name and accepting christmas drinks with him and D****s.  Back to treat us like mugs no doubt.  By 1st Feb his star will have fallen again.  

Guest firetotheworks

I guess you could say it takes the innocence of children to put it all in perspective ay......ay I mean War, what is it good for? *Vomits*

Guest diddimz

If his daughter is 16 thats good enough for me  :pow:

If she has any sort of standards though, it will make no difference for you :pow: