Lee Clark

lovejoy

Future NUFC manager in the making, i'd have him ahead of Shearer anyday,  at least he's going out and learning his trade.  Did a decent job with our reserve side and has obviously made an impression at Norwich.

he didnt do a good job with the youth, roader used to know all the parents names and make it a very accessible environment for the lads and then clark came in and used his 1 brain cell.

Lee Clark wasn't in charge of our youth team though he was reserve team coach.  As Roeder was the Academy director i'd expect him to know parents names etc.

Brain the size of a pea.

Good luck to the lad, met him once and seemed really canny but I would be seriously worried if he got anywhere near our first team squad.

Wouldn't let him look after a tamagotchi, never mind manage a football club.

Fazackerley  & Steve Black are joining Clarkie.

Also noticed in the Huddersfield statement by the chairman they are going to be looking for "future gems" cant believe people eat this shite up, as signing good young players is new idea. Clubs have & always will look for good young players but now clubs dress it up & people fall for it.

Croft admits Clark will be missed

Norwich City midfielder Lee Croft says former assistant manager Lee Clark will be sorely missed at Carrow Road.

Clark has left the Championship club after just over a year at Carrow Road to take the vacant manager's job at Huddersfield Town.

Croft told BBC Radio Norfolk: "He's a great coach and a really nice man, he'll be greatly missed.

"Our loss is Huddersfield's gain, he's been there and done it and played the game at the highest level."

Croft added: "He's a really good man-manager, a very good coach on the training ground and he's good with the lads as well."

The Canaries have confirmed that former Newcastle reserve-team manager Adam Sadler has been added to Glenn Roeder's staff as senior coach.

The 29-year-old was involved in Wednesday's 2-1 defeat at Watford and Croft said he seems like a good replacement for Clark.

"The gaffer's brought Adam Sadler in and he was really good around the changing room so maybe it's an opportunity for him," said Croft.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/7778206.stm

Seems Clarkie was a decent coach down there, lets see what he is like as a number 1

Loooking like & sounding a tad Big Samish

http://www.htafc.com/javaImages/ca/74/0,,10312~4748490,00.jpg

New Huddersfield Town manager Lee Clark spoke exclusively to htafc.com this morning, admitting that he 'cannot wait' to get started at the Club.

The 36-year old former Newcastle United, Fulham and Sunderland midfielder left his job as Assistant Manager of Norwich City to take up his new post at the Galpharm Stadium and told the Club's official website that the opportunity was too special to turn down.

"I had a fantastic job at Norwich and a great relationship with Glenn Roeder, so it was going to take something special to take me away from there," Lee explained. "The opportunity arose to come and speak to Huddersfield about becoming the new manager and having listened to the plans of the new owner (Dean Hoyle) and the rest of the Board, I knew I would be lucky to be given the opportunity here and I would have been foolish to turn it down.

"The whole package appealed to me. Usually when a new manager comes into a Club they are struggling near the bottom of the division but that isn't the case here - Gerry (Murphy) and Graham (Mitchell) have done a good job in steadying the ship and have got us within nine points of the Play-Offs. The whole setup is here though and the vision of the new owner appeals to me - getting some stability for the Club and the whole structure moving forward as one on solid foundations.

"I'm looking forward to having an input not just on the first-team, but on every aspect of the Club. I'm excited about having that responsibility and the people I'm looking to bring in over the next couple of weeks will assist me, just as the people who are currently at the Club will.

"I'll be having discussions with the Board with regards to certain positions and I'll be looking to construct the team as quickly and as smoothly as possible. However, I don't want to be rushing and if it takes time to get the right people in, so be it."

Clark's first action as manager was to bring in his own coaching staff and it was soon announced that former England and Manchester City coach Derek Fazackerley will be joining him, along with world-renowned Performance Coach Steve Black. Having worked with the pair during his time as a player with Newcastle, Lee explained that they were vital appointments for the Club.

"I have worked with Derek before and he is a superb coach who has worked at the pinnacle of his profession when he was head coach of the English national side under Kevin Keegan. He has worked with some of the best quality players in the country, but he has also worked in the lower levels of English football. He's covered the full spectrum of football and he's going to be a vital part of my team.

"Steve's main area is in fitness and conditioning, but he adds so much more in terms of the motivating and the psychology of both the players and the staff in the first-team, reserves and the Academy with Gerry and Graham. His role is absolutely vital."

Black's appointment in this innovative role is proof of Clark's openness to new methods and techniques in football coaching.

"I was quite lucky in my playing days; although I experienced some of the 'old school' methods of working, I played for managers who embraced the latest methods and I think it's important that we embrace that here," he continued. "It's important that we don't dismiss anything that has happened in the past because a lot of good things have come out of that, but we must also embrace all the new technologies that can help us; Derek, Steve and I think that is very important."

Given his previous commitments with Norwich City, Lee admitted that he doesn't have a lot of prior knowledge on his playing staff but he stressed that he cannot wait to begin his work with them.

"To be completely honest, I don't know a great deal about the players. I've seen the squad list but I haven't seen Huddersfield play for a long time due to my coaching commitments. I know that the side has relied heavily on the quality coming through the Academy in recent times and now we have a mix of a few experienced players, some of which I came up against during my playing career. I'm coming in with an open mind and it's a clean slate for every individual. I'll be going to Southend and seeing how we perform and then starting on Monday, I'll be looking at the training and how the players prepare for Hereford on December 20th."

Clark was a key member of Kevin Keegan's tremendously entertaining Newcastle United team of the late nineties, so it comes as no surprise that he wants his team to play a quick passing game; however, he was very clear on his main aim:

"I want a winning team - that is the most important thing. I want my team to play in the correct manner but you can't always do that, but we will ensure that they are super fit because they have to be to play the style of football I want - that is why Steve's appointment is so vital. I want my team to entertain, but that would be no use at all without the results because at the end of the day, that's what it's all about."

Clark will watch on this weekend as Caretaker Manager Gerry Murphytakes charge of the squad for a final time at Southend United, but he explained that he cannot wait to get underway at Huddersfield Town.

"I can't wait to get started! Thursday was my first day at the Club and having met all the staff, there is a noticeable buzz around and I'm really looking forward to my first game in charge on the 20th. Before that, I'm looking forward to meeting the players on Monday and working with them in preparation of the game."

I wonder if Lee will see the "BIGGEST BOOBS" in Huddersfield:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41194000/jpg/_41194609_lesley300.jpg

Really hope he does well.

Fantastic during our promotion season, shame he couldnt really step it up to the Premier League. A Newcastle legend though none the less.

Good luck to him, he seems like someone who's prepared to put the hard work in to make a success of himself when he could have easily took the easy option and stayed as reserve coach here, reading RTG the other day quite a few Mackems wish him well too even after him wearing that t-shirt.

Good luck to him, he seems like someone who's prepared to put the hard work in to make a success of himself when he could have easily took the easy option and stayed as reserve coach here, reading RTG the other day quite a few Mackems wish him well too even after him wearing that t-shirt.

Baggio - I saw the lad you have as AV on Thursaday night near Bar 42, he was wearing that tracksuit, talking to himself he then picked up a glove that was on deck & put it in his pocket.

Baggio - I saw the lad you have as AV on Thursaday night near Bar 42, he was wearing that tracksuit, talking to himself he then picked up a glove that was on deck & put it in his pocket.

:spit:

He's up there with the Geordie dancer as our most famous supporters.

Clark told the club's official website: "Terry is vital to what we are trying to achieve here. He brings vast experience to the club both from his player and coaching days.

"He has worked with us all at various stages in our careers - he was assistant-manager at Newcastle when I was a player and then a coach.

"Terry is very good at building relationships with the players and getting them bubbly, which is important as there will be times when we need to lift them for one reason or another.