20.45  Germany  v       England            Örjans Vall, Halmstad

23 June 2009

20.45  Serbia      v       Sweden            Malmö New Stadium, Malmö

20.45  Belarus    v        Italy                 Olympia, Helsingborg

26 June 2009

Semifinals

29 June 2009

Final

Spain's Xisco will be the only player representing Newcastle in the tournament after an injury forced Steven Taylor to pull out of the squad.

You can check the rest of the squads here: http://www.uefa.com/competitions/under21/teams/index.html

***FANTASY FOOTBALL***

http://en.u21fantasy.uefa.com

Code: 8546-825

Guest Heneage

One of my memories from the 2007 tournaments is a question. What the f**k happened to that Rigters lad for Holland? Didn't he go to Blackburn?

As OP said he did, had a choice between us and them if I remember. I seem to also remember people who knew the Eredivisie saying he was nothing special. A Milan Baros of sorts.

Group A - Sweden, Belarus, Italy, Serbia

Group B - Spain, Germany, England, Finland

Great draw...especially as a Finn! Well...no easy games wasn't expected anyway but it is great to see us playing against England. On the other hand our great rivalry against the hosts won't be happening as it's 3 games tournament for us

Great draw...especially as a Finn! Well...no easy games wasn't expected anyway but it is great to see us playing against England. On the other hand our great rivalry against the hosts won't be happening as it's 3 games tournament for us

Ehhh? It's a fucking terrible draw for us. Cant believe someone still has the view "its good to see us playing great teams"...embarrassing

Ehhh? It's a f***ing terrible draw for us. Cant believe someone still has the view "its good to see us playing great teams"...embarrassing

Like I really meant it that way...no matter who we play against in this tournament we're not going to make it thought the group phase. So it's better to play against the best sides IMO.

Oh Poland didn't qualify, what a surprise.

Honestly believe that we have one of the worst youth setups in Europe, lost 3-0 to Kazakhstan in the qualifyings ffs.

Remember when I was visiting one summer and saw that the Polish U 20 was playing the U 20 of Burkina Faso on Eurosport, so I sat down and rubbing my hands with excitement as I was fully expecting the mighty Poles to trash Burkina Faso. Needless to say Poland lost the game 5-0 and I haven't watched a youth match since.

Oh Poland didn't qualify, what a surprise.

Honestly believe that we have one of the worst youth setups in Europe, lost 3-0 to Kazakhstan in the qualifyings ffs.

Remember when I was visiting one summer and saw that the Polish U 20 was playing the U 20 of Burkina Faso on Eurosport, so I sat down and rubbing my hands with excitement as I was fully expecting the mighty Poles to trash Burkina Faso. Needless to say Poland lost the game 5-0 and I haven't watched a youth match since.

:lol: Burkina Faso aren't terrible though, they've got some decent players coming up like Kabore from Marseille. Still, it's a bit embarrassing to be crushed by the Upper Volta.

• 6 months later...

Spain's Xisco will be the only player representing Newcastle in the tournament after an injury forced Steven Taylor to pull out of the squad.

England v Spain would be interesting, just to see Xisco against Taylor.

I know the OP is edited, but it still made me :lol: before I realized it.

Guest MrSundlofer

Germany vs England is one of the games I will see  :thup:

And all the games Sweden plays.

Guest getalife

2009 UEFA European Under-21 Football Championship 15. - 29.6

Schedule:    ----- ALL TIMES LOCAL TIME, GMT+1-------

Don't mean to be pedantic Kasper mate, but it's GMT+2 in Sweden, just to save any misunderstandings about KO times. The UK is on GMT+1......

:nile:

One of my memories from the 2007 tournaments is a question. What the f**k happened to that Rigters lad for Holland? Didn't he go to Blackburn?

Yep, then went out on loan to Norwich & Barnsley. :lol:

Thought he was brilliant in that tournament.

Was fucking shite for both of them aswell apparently. Didn't score in 20 games for Barnsley.

Don't mean to be pedantic Kasper mate, but it's GMT+2 in Sweden, just to save any misunderstandings about KO times. The UK is on GMT+1......

Oh yes. Thanks

Sorry it's GMT+1 Finland is +2

Sorry it's GMT+1 Finland is +2

Finland is now GMT+3. Although I dont know what that has to do with anything. Not the same time zone as Sweden. Sweden is +2 like he said

Guest rinaldo #18

Wasn't Carroll promised a place in the squad until he got injured?

Well anyhow, I have tickets to Sweden - Italy and Spain - Engand :D