Breaking
Sven Botman signs for NUFC on five-year deal Sven Botman signs for NUFC on five-year deal Sven Botman signs for NUFC on five-year deal

High definition finally available to the masses?

Dave

The price of disks is indeed very high, that's why I said I hoped this would help make them more popular.

Budget-brand DVD players dropping under £100 was a very important psychological factor in the rise of DVD.

It's not full profile is it?

1.1 according to an AVForums guess. Possibly based on a Samsung player.

What's the latest profile, 1.3? What does it add other than internet functionality?

In any case, I wasn't saying this product is any good, just that it being a budget-brand BD player available on the high street for less than a ton is surely significant.

It's not full profile is it?

1.1 according to an AVForums guess. Possibly based on a Samsung player.

What's the latest profile, 1.3? What does it add other than internet functionality?

In any case, I wasn't saying this product is any good, just that it being a budget-brand BD player available on the high street for less than a ton is surely significant.

2.0 I think.

And I was just asking, didn't expect it to be.

It's a good price and if I had the cash I'd be tempted but one day I definitely want to get myself a PS3 and given how future proof the Blu-ray capabilities are on that, it would seem pointless buying a standalone player.

It's all a bit redundant at the moment anyway since I don't own or have access to an HDtv.

I think some of the better BD players can be upgraded via USB/ethernet btw.

Yeah they can. I'm just saying if I bought a standalone player only to buy a PS3 on top at some point later on, I feel it would make owning the former a bit pointless.

And I definitely want a PS3 one day, regardless of whether I'm still using a standard def tv.

My PS3 is used almost exclusively for watching HD TV rips, purely 'cos it's quiet. Not bought a BD yet. :lol:

I'm waiting for that Bourne trilogy though. :)

Yeah, there's playing off your hdd to factor in as well. I'm sure the discs will come down in price just like the players are starting to. I'm still a big fan of having the physical product plus all the little extras you get on DVDs etc.

My PS3 is used almost exclusively for watching HD TV rips, purely 'cos it's quiet. Not bought a BD yet. :lol:

Aye cos of the Xbox 360 king of noise, I chose to purchase a WD HD TV Player. its pretty f'n sweet.

Only thing I have to convert now is those pesky mkvs with dts audio. Though even those would work if I had a decent amp.

Oh yes, I have that in 720p :snod:

Total file size?

Probably take me until the BDs come out. :lol:

Oh yes, I have that in 720p :snod:

Total file size?

Probably take me until the BDs come out. :lol:

13.6 GB

Guest diddimz

Nothing compared to the 1080p Complete Star Wars Boxset that I had that weighed in at 48 GB.

Thats ridiculous, but I'm betting it would definately be worth it. Got a PS3 and a HD TV but I find i still watch regular dvd's, can't afford to splash out on blue ray discs, way to expensive, borrow them from the video store from time to time, but wouldn't buy any until they hit a more reasonable price.