Charlie Brookers Screenwipe

Guest firetotheworks

Guest firetotheworks

My guess would be that a lot of people already know about this, but anyone that doesn't should give it a watch. Ive been watching it since it started but it seems like its starting to get more popular now. A few days ago I decided to watch them all in one go and found myself becoming cynical about everything, but its still great. I've always thought of it as Harry Hills TV Burp for the misanthropic.

Guest firetotheworks

Never heard of him.  ???

I like him, he wrote a bit of the 11 o clock show, Nathan Barley and Deadset. Hes got an article in The Guardian and he has a generally witty and brutal look on things in the media. Screenwipe is class. Well worth watching, theyre all on Youtube.

Guest firetotheworks

over rated. when he finally wrote his own fictional show it was s***.

Nathan Barley? I thought it was class, especially as a student amongst all the idiotic wacky bastards.

Guest elbee909

Dead Set?  I thought that was good too, considering what he set out to do on a limited budget.

Course, the cool kids just say everything is overrated.

Guest lankybellwipe

I've been tinkering with the idea of producing a documentary about my life and aspirations. I was thinking of calling it Pisswipe!

:shifty:

• 3 months later...

I like the show, but I don't take it that seriously. If I did I'd probably just find him pretentious and boring after a while. I see it as a light hearted dig at mainstream culture mainly, and often just saying what a lot of people think. Nothing wrong with that imo. I think the fact there isn't THAT many episodes of it (4 per series or something?) is a clear sign they know they could easily go into overkill.

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliant. Heard the got an award from the RTS the other day, good stuff.

Pretty much saying what's on everyone's mind. Simple but effective, and very funny.

Hope he doesn't stop Screenwipe completely though.

Love Screenwipe, because there's only Charlie Brooker and Harry Hill doing it.  They both do it differently and very well.

This isn't half as good because it takes a lot from, but isn't a patch on HIGNFY, The Day Today, Brasseye, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, The News Quiz, Mock The Week etc.

Love Screenwipe, because there's only Charlie Brooker and Harry Hill doing it.  They both do it differently and very well.

This isn't half as good because it takes a lot from, but isn't a patch on HIGNFY, The Day Today, Brasseye, The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, The News Quiz, Mock The Week etc.

:laugh: