January - Make us bettter!

Colos Short and Curlies

Time for one of these bad boys me thinks.

You are JFK, in a surprise move Mike has given you £15m plus whatever you can get from sales.

Your mission, mid table boredom.

£10m Arda Turan - gives us pace and direct running on both wings

£0m  Stephen Appiah - fitness permitting obviously, a definite upgrade on Butt

£10m Ludos Podolski - Need a Viduka replacement

(£5m) N'Zogbia - Rather sell Duff but can't see him going

Loan John Arne Riise - Purely for cover at the back

(Loan) Tim Krul - Ideally to a Cahmpionship club to see if he is up to being our number 2 next year

Given

Beye

Colo

Bassong

Enrique

Turan

Appiah

Barton

Jonas

Martins/Owen

Podolski

Subs

Harper

Taylor

<defender> (Nothing to choose from the rest)

Guthrie

Duff

Viduka

Owen/Martins

Once safe would love to see Nile etc get some bench time

I'd forgot all about Turan. Seeing as we couldn't buy him for £10m befor the Euros, I doubt we'd get him for that now. Can't see it happening but I'd love to see him come as I always thought he was more suited to the English game than Modric in that he doesn't seem shy to get stuck in.

I'd forgot all about Turan. Seeing as we couldn't buy him for £10m befor the Euros, I doubt we'd get him for that now. Can't see it happening but I'd love to see him come as I always thought he was more suited to the English game than Modric in that he doesn't seem shy to get stuck in.

I'm pretty confident he'd come, it's more as a case could we afford him?

Guest nufc_kev

What about Afellay from PSV as an option for the wing?

What about N'Zogbia and Gutierrez from Newcastle on the wing?

We have bigger priorities atm. ie Left back and CM

Can't argue with the choice of players in the OP, those three signings (presuming Appiah stayed fit) would transform our team.

Where would Podolski be used though? Whenever I've seen him he's been used (and looked very good) on the left. How would you accomodate him, Turan and Jonas?

Can't argue with the choice of players in the OP, those three signings (presuming Appiah stayed fit) would transform our team.

Where would Podolski be used though? Whenever I've seen him he's been used (and looked very good) on the left. How would you accomodate him, Turan and Jonas?

Two out wide, one free role

One main striker.

A variation on the Keegan Mk1 with Beardsley roaming behind a main striker

I'd look at West Ham for some cut price players.

Sell Owen to Citeh and buy/loan a target man for Martins to play off.

If we could get any buyers for Smith/Ameobi/Duff/Butt/Cacapa/Viduka i'd take it regardless to who comes in.

Who to bring in? Not really too sure, more of the same of late really, just a target man, a defensive mid and a creative runner with the ball attacking mid would do me. It would transform us.

If we could get any buyers for Smith/Ameobi/Duff/Butt/Cacapa/Viduka i'd take it regardless to who comes in.

Who to bring in? Not really too sure, more of the same of late really, just a target man, a defensive mid and a creative runner with the ball attacking mid would do me. It would transform us.

If Owen buggered off I would look at bringing the Welsh dwarf back if you are looking at West Ham.

The get a target man in

If Owen buggered off I would look at bringing the Welsh dwarf back if you are looking at West Ham.

The get a target man in

Was thinking Ashton and Martins myself, though not really perfect, a step up from what we've got imo.

Owen & Martins are too similar in stature, we need a proper aerial threat again and get ours wingers involved more.

Guest Heneage

sell:

smith £2m geremi £1.5m

= £3.5m

i'd go for appiah on a free...

cheeky £4million bid for bellamy

£6m for benayoun

try to nip in to sign cisse £8m in the keane walk out confusion

= £18m

so i've still got 500k to work with...  :pow:

Cisse will cost at least £10m that's the agreed fee with Mackems on top of the 2m Loan fee they paid.

Podolski could come on loan though.

Geremi would be one of the last people i'd sell. Seriously important member of the squad when you consider there's very little consistent delivery from our other wide players. If we're putting Jonas/Zog/Duff on the wings then Gezza needs to be in the side somewhere, as far as i am concerned, especially if Owen's playing because those two boucne off each other nicely.

Anyhow, i'm digressing a tad there. If we got £15m to spend in January then i wouldn't be worried about trying to sell players off. If we could shift Smith to Everton for a few million it'd be nice. Would also be nice if we could get rid of Duff but i can't see that happening either. I don't see any real need to keep Shola either if we get another striker.

Nothing's changed since the summer tbh. We need full-back cover and a good centre-midfielder. What would also be helpful would be someone who would allow Jonas to go onto the left, which is his best position so...

... I'd go for Benayoun, tbh. £7m or so? That way we've got a good right-winger and a quality left-winger - being Jonas.

As for a striker, dunno - tough one. I still reckon Bent would be a good signing but i highly doubt we'd prise him away now. In all fairness i'd rather we just didn't forget about Xisco and leave the striker department as it is. In other areas, I wouldn't moan at Riise coming in on loan. That Kyle Naughton seems a deccnt prospect aswell, he'd do for a couple million.

There leaving the centre-midfield problem. It'd be ambitious but i'd go for Didier Digard, he looks like just what we need tbh.

That'd leave us with what...

Given/Harper/Krul

Beye/Naughton

Coloccini/Bassong/Taylor/Caçapa/Edgar

Enrique/Riise

Benayoun/Geremi

Barton/Digard/Guthrie/Butt/Gonzalez

Jonas/N'Zogbia/(Duff)

Martins/Owen/Viduka/Xisco/(Shola)/(Smith)

I'd sell Duff, Geremi, Butt and Cacapa - let's say that brings in £4m

Assuming Owen decides to go as well

£19m to spend

Heskey - £1m

Baptista - loan

James Mcfadden - £6m

Stephen Appiah - Free

Chris Samba - £5m

Taiwo - £7m

Taiwo may take some convincing but i think the rest are pretty realisic.

...........................Given

Beye........Colo...............Bassong.......Taiwo

Jonas.......Appiah........McFadden......N'Zogbia

...............Martins..........Baptista

Bench: Heskey, Viduka, Barton, Guthrie, Samba, Enrique, Taylor, Ameobi etc.

Would really like to see Podolski here. Think he's a realistic target too.

No chance.

Even if it's just on loan, I think he's a realistic target. I honestly don't see the big four going in for him. Man City are a possibility, can't see Everton being able to afford him, Spurs may want him but not sure on them and as for Villa, again I'm not sure if they'd want him.

If he wants to come to England I think we'd be one of his best options.