KK begins legal action against NUFC

Guest sicko2ndbest

He's not suing NUFC, he's suing the current owners of NUFC.

Take them for as much as you can, KK.

Re-read the very first sentence again mate.  ???

Why worry about Ashley taking a hit? If he runs the club into the ground, it's his loss.

Someone will buy it eventually and run it properly.

He's suing the corporate entity that is NUFC, not the individual Mike Ashley. Whatever settlement is reached will come from club funds, or do you really think Ashley will reach for his personal checkbook to pick up the tab?

Wasn't favorable towards Keegan before and I certainly have no love for him now. I'd like to see people still argue that he "loves the club" when he seems willing to take a few million quid from our coffers when we're desperate for cash in January.

Why worry about Ashley taking a hit? If he runs the club into the ground, it's his loss.

I'm not worried about Ashley taking a hit. Both sides obviously think they've got a good case otherwise it wouldn't have got this far. It just so happens that Ashley could, financially, deal with losing the case but I'm not sure if Keegan could. If Keegan is found to have breached his contract it could cost him an awful lot of money. If Ashley loses he could just add it to his asking price for the club.

Hope Keegan knows what he's doing here.  :undecided:

He's suing the corporate entity that is NUFC, not the individual Mike Ashley. Whatever settlement is reached will come from club funds, or do you really think Ashley will reach for his personal checkbook to pick up the tab

Wasn't favorable towards Keegan before and I certainly have no love for him now. I'd like to see people still argue that he "loves the club" when he seems willing to take a few million quid from our coffers when we're desperate for cash in January.

I would sue the fuckers as well if I thought I could get millions only the stupid wouldn't.

He's suing the corporate entity that is NUFC, not the individual Mike Ashley. Whatever settlement is reached will come from club funds, or do you really think Ashley will reach for his personal checkbook to pick up the tab?

but if he has been wronged be should stand up for himself (like he seems to be doing) regardless of his love for the club.

Kevin Keegan can f*** off. He may have been a good player for us in the past, and maybe even a good manager at times. But thats all he ever was, an employee of the Club. He's tried to make himself bigger than the Newcastle United, and quite frankly he can suck my balls for that. It was always clear to every oother fucker in the world that Ashely was set up to buy young promising players and not splash on Superstar signings, he knew about Wise (who in my eyes hasn't exactly doen a bad job) and company way back in January. His motives for leaving seem to me more and more suspect the more I think about it, and this makes it clear that money may have been a big one. If he just walks away then fine, but now his acts are becoming detrimental to the club (even more so than before) and as a result his hero status to me is more than just tarnished. Kevin thanks for scoring goals for Newcastle United before I was born, and thanks for entertaining me in the 90's, but for aiding in the demise of the football club I am doomed to love you can f*** of back to spain.

I don't agree with a word of this tbh.

but if he has been wronged be should stand up for himself (like he seems to be doing) regardless of his love for the club.

I agree, he has the right. I would too if I was in his position I guess.

Just saying that this should blow out of the water any idea that he ever held the club above his own financial benefit or pride. He's no Geordie Messiah, just another manager that's come and failed. (I'm talking about the second time around, not the first, so lets not get into that argument.)

We're not desperate for cash. Yet more of Ashley's propaganda.

Just saying that this should blow out of the water any idea that he ever held the club above his own financial benefit or pride. He's no Geordie Messiah, just another manager that's come and failed. (I'm talking about the second time around, not the first, so lets not get into that argument.)

i'll bet if any of us were a contractor employed by the club and we got done over we'd have it up in court if need be.

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

I'm pretty confident Keegan knows exactly what he's doing and he knows how strong a case he has. He had the LMA onside from day one of this fiasco.

If he thinks he's been shit on, then he's every right to seek compensation.

Probably get settled out of court, but if it doesn't then at least we should get to hear what each side is saying occurred before it all went tits up.

I'm not worried about Ashley taking a hit. Both sides obviously think they've got a good case otherwise it wouldn't have got this far. It just so happens that Ashley could, financially, deal with losing the case but I'm not sure if Keegan could. If Keegan is found to have breached his contract it could cost him an awful lot of money. If Ashley loses he could just add it to his asking price for the club.

How?

Would he be taking this course of action if he (or his lawyers) felt he didn't have a chance of winning?

Surely if he has a case then the club was at fault and he has every right to formally pursue it. If he was mostly responsible for this mess I can't see how he would have grounds to start legal action.

I'm pretty confident Keegan knows exactly what he's doing and he knows how strong a case he has. He had the LMA onside from day one of this fiasco.

The LMA will back a manager if asked to. They don't know the other sides story either.

How?

I thought the loser has to pay both side's court costs?  ???

i'll bet if any of us were a contractor employed by the club and we got done over we'd have it up in court if need be.

Most of us aren't swimming in money like Keegan is though. (Assuming he hasn't actually run himself to ground over the Soccer Circus like some have claimed)

Most of us aren't swimming in money like Keegan is though. (Assuming he hasn't actually run himself to ground over the Soccer Circus like some have claimed)

As if that makes a difference.

How?

Ah right, I see what you mean.

How?

depends on the judge. if the judge thinks the loser had some justification thenthe costs could be lower or minimal.

i think

As if that makes a difference.

I'd be very interested in hearing how it doesn't.

Would he be taking this course of action if he (or his lawyers) felt he didn't have a chance of winning?

Surely if he has a case then the club was at fault and he has every right to formally pursue it. If he was mostly responsible for this mess I can't see how he would have grounds to start legal action.

It'll come down to interpretation.

KK will say they over-stepped, and the club will say they didn't.

Both probably really believe they are in the right and the other is wrong.

If the club thought KK had a watertight case they'd have made moves to settle by now.