KK begins legal action against NUFC

Guest sicko2ndbest

Hope Keegan loses.

The club is more important than him.

I hope KK gets his loot like SBR did in the end. Hate seeing the club win legal s***, as most times when the c***s go to court I often think they are in the wrong. Was glad when they lost to the taxman. Was gutted when they beat the fans in S.O.S case.

That there is astounding tbh

Why? I don't think football clubs should claim VAT back on agents fee's.

Because that ultimately is our money.

Ultimately the money goes to the state which we are part of as well.

Surely if he has a case then the club was at fault and he has every right to formally pursue it.

Agreed.  People's views on this will be coloured by whether they think he was forced out or "bottled" it.  Personally I believe he was misled from the outset re transfers and his position was made untenable.  I think he has every right to sue the club in that case and I don't think any the less of him for it, I would do exactly the same in his shoes.  He is not stealing from the fans' pocket - Ashley owns the club not us - and this should not affect transfer funds one jot (I'm cynical over whether any money will be spent one way or another anyway).  I wish it wasn't happening but the responsibility lies with Ashley imo.

if the case is found against keegan then the responsibility was with keegan.

also any monies leaving the club could well affect any future transfer expenditure.

If the court decides against keegan then I'd reconsider.  If his contract is paid up then he shouldn't have been constructively dismissed and he's entitled to it.  In those circumstances the blame lies with Ashley and his minions not Keegan, and we'd have been better off getting 3 years of service out of him rather than forcing him out.

so instead of your posts being very pro-keegan shouldn't you be saying "wait till we see what comes out in court"

Not really.  I believe Keegan's in the right here.

i believe we haven't got a clue what went on and for all it'll be ugly it's the only way to clear things up.

Unfortunately I can see this all being settled on the quiet out of court with the fans none the wiser. :(

Surely if he has a case then the club was at fault and he has every right to formally pursue it.

Agreed.  People's views on this will be coloured by whether they think he was forced out or "bottled" it.  Personally I believe he was misled from the outset re transfers and his position was made untenable.  I think he has every right to sue the club in that case and I don't think any the less of him for it, I would do exactly the same in his shoes.  He is not stealing from the fans' pocket - Ashley owns the club not us - and this should not affect transfer funds one jot (I'm cynical over whether any money will be spent one way or another anyway).  I wish it wasn't happening but the responsibility lies with Ashley imo.

also any monies leaving the club could well affect any future transfer expenditure.

If the court decides against keegan then I'd reconsider.  If his contract is paid up then he shouldn't have been constructively dismissed and he's entitled to it.  In those circumstances the blame lies with Ashley and his minions not Keegan, and we'd have been better off getting 3 years of service out of him rather than forcing him out.

so instead of your posts being very pro-keegan shouldn't you be saying "wait till we see what comes out in court"

i believe we haven't got a clue what went on and for all it'll be ugly it's the only way to clear things up.

Unfortunately I can see this all being settled on the quiet out of court with the fans none the wiser. :(

I am sure a leak of MADMAN KEEGAN'S MEGA PAYOUT will appear in the NOTW.

quite possible.

worst of all worlds in my opinion.

Who knows? It's Keegan who's brought the action, not Ashley. And whether it's deliberate or not, it's definitely bad timing from Ashley's point of view.

The timing suggests that Keegan was waiting to see if the club was sold - new owner, no law suit. As Ashley is still in charge and looking likely to be for some time, KK has decided to go through with it - I am guessing that KK definitly wants to get back at Ashley.

I stress the word "suggests" as I am simply guessing like everyone else

But if Keegan is taking this to court as a matter of principle he'll see it through to the bitter end? Settling out of court will still leave questions unanswered.

Who knows? It's Keegan who's brought the action, not Ashley. And whether it's deliberate or not, it's definitely bad timing from Ashley's point of view.

The timing suggests that Keegan was waiting to see if the club was sold - new owner, no law suit. As Ashley is still in charge and looking likely to be for some time, KK has decided to go through with it - I am guessing that KK definitly wants to get back at Ashley.

It's possibly taken the lawyers 3 months to prepare the case.  Lawsuits seem to move slowly and expensively

I don't think that makes much sense from Keegan's point of view. Not sure how Keegan feels he can sue the club though. I would understand wrongful termination, but to me, the whole thing seemed like resignation because he didn't enjoy working under this leadership.

Let's assume Keegan's (assumed) version of events is true - that he was forced to resign by Wise/Llambias knowingly and willingly going over his head in the player recruitment department, essentially making a mockery of the agreement made that enticed Keegan back into the job in the first place. If that's what happened, Keegan has no choice to sue. And lest we forget, although there's probably no shred of hard evidence, it was obvious that was a clear attempt by someone within the club (hiding behind anonymity) to tarnish Keegan's reputation and sanity via the media. Dirty tactics, a low blow that goes against corporate/social ethics and should not be accepted by anyone, especially when it was targetted at someone who caries a great deal of respect from the majority of people.

Maybe the club does suffer and ultimately it'll be us footing the bill for this, but even so, the likes of Llambias and Wise cant be allowed to get away with essentially being lying, snide, backstabbing c***s (again assuming Keegan's assumed story is the correct version). Even if it's the club that foots the bill and not them, at least some of the footballing or business world will know what they're like, added to which there's the ultimate aim that a hefty fine will discourage future directors/owners to act in the same away again at any club.

There'd still be a lawsuit if there was a new owner -- it's an action against the club, not against the individual who owns it. And I believe it's already been stated that KK would pursue compensation even if the club had been sold.

Let's assume Keegan's (assumed) version of events is true - that he was forced to resign by Wise/Llambias knowingly and willingly going over his head in the player recruitment department, essentially making a mockery of the agreement made that enticed Keegan back into the job in the first place. If that's what happened, Keegan has no choice to sue. And lest we forget, although there's probably no shred of hard evidence, it was obvious that was a clear attempt by someone within the club to tarnish Keegan's reputation and sanity via the media and hiding behind anonymity. Dirty tactics, a low blow that goes against corporate/social ethics and should not be accepted by anyone, especially when it was targetted at someone who caries a great deal of respect from the majority of people.

Maybe the club does suffer and ultimately it'll be us footing the bill for this, but even so, the likes of Llambias and Wise cant be allowed to get away with essentially being lying, snide, backstabbing c***s (again assuming Keegan's assumed story is the correct version). Even if it's the club that foots the bill and not them, at least some of the footballing or business world will know what they're like, added to which there's the ultimate aim that a hefty fine will discourage future directors/owners to act in the same away again at any club.

What are you referring to exactly. I don't believe this is a defamation of character action.

There'd still be a lawsuit if there was a new owner -- it's an action against the club, not against the individual who owns it. And I believe it's already been stated that KK would pursue compensation even if the club had been sold.

Who'd buy the club with the threat of being sued hanging over it?

Let's assume Keegan's (assumed) version of events is true - that he was forced to resign by Wise/Llambias knowingly and willingly going over his head in the player recruitment department, essentially making a mockery of the agreement made that enticed Keegan back into the job in the first place. If that's what happened, Keegan has no choice to sue. And lest we forget, although there's probably no shred of hard evidence, it was obvious that was a clear attempt by someone within the club (hiding behind anonymity) to tarnish Keegan's reputation and sanity via the media. Dirty tactics, a low blow that goes against corporate/social ethics and should not be accepted by anyone, especially when it was targetted at someone who caries a great deal of respect from the majority of people.

in the interst of balance........

lets assume keegan agreed to the DoF idea but thought he could get more power as time went on (think keegan at fulham). keegan dug his heels in over wanting certain players,players that the board felt were unrealistic,with the deadline approaching the board felt the need to get players in and hope keegan can make the best of them.

neither scenario will be spot on,it may well be somewhere in the middle,as a fan even if it takes a court case i'd like to knoew what happened one way or the other.

apparently llambias effectively told keegan he was sacked, so keegan left thinking they'd fired him. that's the story all the news outlets had and which took the club the best part of a day to deny. would be hard to return to work with such people.

I wasnt suggesting that he direct the law suit at Ashley personally but at the club whilst under Ashley's ownership - therefore involving and impacting directly on Ashley himself.

I was suggesting that as his "revenge", if thats what you call it, may be aimed at Ashley, that if he was no longer at the club, then he would no longer persue it.

Not sure about the second comment unless KK has actually said that himself or LMA on his behalf.

apparently llambias effectively told keegan he was sacked, so keegan left thinking they'd fired him. that's the story all the news outlets had and which took the club the best part of a day to deny. would be hard to return to work with such people.

Nor would you wish to take it lying down

But if Keegan is taking this to court as a matter of principle he'll see it through to the bitter end? Settling out of court will still leave questions unanswered.

If that happened we'd know that it's purely and simply about the money. If Keegan does indeed want to clear his name, stick to his principles and let the fans know what went on, he'll hopefully not accept out of court.

Nor would you wish to take it lying down

the key word being "APPARENTLY"

on the run up to it i'd heard "APPARENTLY keegan had no say in transfers"

also

"APPARENTLY keegan was in a power game with wise and didn't want anyone whom wise reccomended and wanted unrealistic signings" (weeks before the NOTW broke a similar story)

Spot on. It was pretty clear in the few weeks after KK went that someone in or close to the Ashley camp was feeding the press - particularly the Sunday papers - anti-KK material.

If that happened we'd know that it's purely and simply about the money. If Keegan does indeed want to clear his name, stick to his principles and let the fans know what went on, he'll hopefully not accept out of court.

Agreed 100%.  :thup:

Will a lawyer let you stick to your principles when there is a wad full of cash being waved in front of you/them or will they pressure you to settle ?

Guest neesy111

well with the fuck up of keegan with his soccer circus, this doesn't suprise me

for someone who walk's out on principle with every job he's had, this is showing that he is a greedy bastard

It does seem strange thinking back how it was all so unclear about him being sacked, then him just leaving, then still being there, then resigning. Got to be more to it than Keegan just quitting.

then again. "we pay you a bit to stay quiet about some bad bits and we don't blow you out the water" (if they have the evidence to do that)

i'd rather everything came out.

I wasnt suggesting that he direct the law suit at Ashley personally but at the club whilst under Ashley's ownership - therefore involving and impacting directly on Ashley himself.

I was suggesting that as his "revenge", if thats what you call it, may be aimed at Ashley, that if he was no longer at the club, then he would no longer persue it.

Not sure about the second comment unless KK has actually said that himself or LMA on his behalf.

It's about money, not about "revenge".

The second bit, I think it was the LMA. Was a news story a few weeks back.