KK begins legal action against NUFC

Guest sicko2ndbest

Let's assume Keegan's (assumed) version of events is true - that he was forced to resign by Wise/Llambias knowingly and willingly going over his head in the player recruitment department, essentially making a mockery of the agreement made that enticed Keegan back into the job in the first place. If that's what happened, Keegan has no choice to sue. And lest we forget, although there's probably no shred of hard evidence, it was obvious that was a clear attempt by someone within the club to tarnish Keegan's reputation and sanity via the media and hiding behind anonymity. Dirty tactics, a low blow that goes against corporate/social ethics and should not be accepted by anyone, especially when it was targetted at someone who caries a great deal of respect from the majority of people.

Maybe the club does suffer and ultimately it'll be us footing the bill for this, but even so, the likes of Llambias and Wise cant be allowed to get away with essentially being lying, snide, backstabbing c***s (again assuming Keegan's assumed story is the correct version). Even if it's the club that foots the bill and not them, at least some of the footballing or business world will know what they're like, added to which there's the ultimate aim that a hefty fine will discourage future directors/owners to act in the same away again at any club.

What are you referring to exactly. I don't believe this is a defamation of character action.

The "madness of King Kev" article which quoted an anonymous club insider and which came out about a day after the official website posted the "If is a FACT" statement (which contradicted previous statements by Wise/Ashley). The article was apparently written by a journalist connected closely to the current Newcastle hierarchy.

Not saying that it's part of this lawsuit, what I was trying to get at was that it was a cheapshot that attempted to taint his reputation, so whether Keegan has any evidence or not is irrelevant, he'll have known what they were trying to do and hence he'd have even more reason to go ahead with this constructive dismissal case, which is where you would assume he has the evidence to nail them.

If that happened we'd know that it's purely and simply about the money. If Keegan does indeed want to clear his name, stick to his principles and let the fans know what went on, he'll hopefully not accept out of court.

Will a lawyer let you stick to your principles when there is a wad full of cash being waved in front of you/them or will they pressure you to settle ?

The lawyers work for Keegan. It's his decision ultimately whether to continue or settle.

Surely if he has a case then the club was at fault and he has every right to formally pursue it.

Agreed.  People's views on this will be coloured by whether they think he was forced out or "bottled" it.  Personally I believe he was misled from the outset re transfers and his position was made untenable.  I think he has every right to sue the club in that case and I don't think any the less of him for it, I would do exactly the same in his shoes.  He is not stealing from the fans' pocket - Ashley owns the club not us - and this should not affect transfer funds one jot (I'm cynical over whether any money will be spent one way or another anyway).  I wish it wasn't happening but the responsibility lies with Ashley imo.

if the case is found against keegan then the responsibility was with keegan.

also any monies leaving the club could well affect any future transfer expenditure.

If the court decides against keegan then I'd reconsider.  If his contract is paid up then he shouldn't have been constructively dismissed and he's entitled to it.  In those circumstances the blame lies with Ashley and his minions not Keegan, and we'd have been better off getting 3 years of service out of him rather than forcing him out.

so instead of your posts being very pro-keegan shouldn't you be saying "wait till we see what comes out in court"

Not really.  I believe Keegan's in the right here.

i believe we haven't got a clue what went on and for all it'll be ugly it's the only way to clear things up.

Unfortunately I can see this all being settled on the quiet out of court with the fans none the wiser. :(

But if Keegan is taking this to court as a matter of principle he'll see it through to the bitter end? Settling out of court will still leave questions unanswered.

If that happened we'd know that it's purely and simply about the money. If Keegan does indeed want to clear his name, stick to his principles and let the fans know what went on, he'll hopefully not accept out of court.

then again. "we pay you a bit to stay quiet about some bad bits and we don't blow you out the water" (if they have the evidence to do that)

i'd rather everything came out.

Me too. If that means showing Keegan fucked up then so be it. I just want the bickering at this end put to bed, it does us all no favours.

Let's assume Keegan's (assumed) version of events is true - that he was forced to resign by Wise/Llambias knowingly and willingly going over his head in the player recruitment department, essentially making a mockery of the agreement made that enticed Keegan back into the job in the first place. If that's what happened, Keegan has no choice to sue. And lest we forget, although there's probably no shred of hard evidence, it was obvious that was a clear attempt by someone within the club to tarnish Keegan's reputation and sanity via the media and hiding behind anonymity. Dirty tactics, a low blow that goes against corporate/social ethics and should not be accepted by anyone, especially when it was targetted at someone who caries a great deal of respect from the majority of people.

Maybe the club does suffer and ultimately it'll be us footing the bill for this, but even so, the likes of Llambias and Wise cant be allowed to get away with essentially being lying, snide, backstabbing c***s (again assuming Keegan's assumed story is the correct version). Even if it's the club that foots the bill and not them, at least some of the footballing or business world will know what they're like, added to which there's the ultimate aim that a hefty fine will discourage future directors/owners to act in the same away again at any club.

What are you referring to exactly. I don't believe this is a defamation of character action.

The "madness of King Kev" article which quoted an anonymous club insider and which came out about a day after the official website posted the "If is a FACT" statement (which contradicted previous statements by Wise/Ashley). The article was apparently written by a journalist connected closely to the current Newcastle hierarchy.

Not saying that it's part of this lawsuit, what I was trying to get at was that it was a cheapshot that attempted to taint his reputation, so whether Keegan has any evidence or not is irrelevant, he'll have known what they were trying to do and hence he'd have even more reason to go ahead with this constructive dismissal case, which is where you would assume he has the evidence to nail them.

wasn't it in response to the keegan (via the LMA) statement about him not being to do as he pleased.

apparently llambias effectively told keegan he was sacked, so keegan left thinking they'd fired him. that's the story all the news outlets had and which took the club the best part of a day to deny. would be hard to return to work with such people.

Nor would you wish to take it lying down

the key word being "APPARENTLY"

on the run up to it i'd heard "APPARENTLY keegan had no say in transfers"

also

"APPARENTLY keegan was in a power game with wise and didn't want anyone whom wise reccomended and wanted unrealistic signings" (weeks before the NOTW broke a similar story)

What's your problem?  Don't understand the conditional tense or something?  Take your capital letters elsewhere, you patronising oaf you  :-*

i think it wouldnt do anyone - ashley, keegan, the club, the fans ANY favours whatsoever if this goes to court. it just brings up old acrimonious arguments when we should be moving on. the best thing that can happen here is to settle out of court, we avoid an embarrasing airing of dirty laundry, the club avoids being liable to pay the full £8m, ashley and keegan come to some private agreement and it's all history. i dont blame keegan for going to court as i think anyone in his shoes would, but it is not a good situation for any of us to be in and would be something best avoided.

apparently llambias effectively told keegan he was sacked, so keegan left thinking they'd fired him. that's the story all the news outlets had and which took the club the best part of a day to deny. would be hard to return to work with such people.

also

"APPARENTLY keegan was in a power game with wise and didn't want anyone whom wise reccomended and wanted unrealistic signings" (weeks before the NOTW broke a similar story)

What's your problem?  Don't understand the conditional tense or something?  Take your capital letters elsewhere, you patronising oaf you  :-*

i am the scales of justice....you are a weight.

(your conditiional sense seems to come from one side all the time)

i think it wouldnt do anyone - ashley, keegan, the club, the fans ANY favours whatsoever if this goes to court. it just brings up old acrimonious arguments when we should be moving on. the best thing that can happen here is to settle out of court, we avoid an embarrasing airing of dirty laundry, the club avoids being liable to pay the full £8m, ashley and keegan come to some private agreement and it's all history. i dont blame keegan for going to court as i think anyone in his shoes would, but it is not a good situation for any of us to be in and would be something best avoided.

It's a tough one, as I see your point about not having the publicity all over again.

I just want the fans to know what happened. We're the ones who care the most yet we're the ones most in the dark.

also

:laugh:  More like this is a knob and you are the jockey  :pow:

I don't think it'll be any prob for KK if it goes to court, but it will be for everyone else you mention: Ashley, club, fans.

also

:laugh:  More like this is a knob and you are the jockey   :pow:

if that is a proposition.....no thanks.

Absolutely.  But I fear Keegan being stubborn is unlikely to compromise.  Not without a public apology anyway.

It was always clear to every oother fucker in the world that Ashely was set up to buy young promising players and not splash on Superstar signings

Like Cacapa, Faye, Geremi?

Weren't they big Sam's signings?

also

:laugh:  More like this thread is a knob and you are the jockey   :pow:

if that is a proposition.....no thanks.

:kasper: FMP to avoid any misunderstanding  :laugh:

Let's assume Keegan's (assumed) version of events is true - that he was forced to resign by Wise/Llambias knowingly and willingly going over his head in the player recruitment department, essentially making a mockery of the agreement made that enticed Keegan back into the job in the first place. If that's what happened, Keegan has no choice to sue. And lest we forget, although there's probably no shred of hard evidence, it was obvious that was a clear attempt by someone within the club (hiding behind anonymity) to tarnish Keegan's reputation and sanity via the media. Dirty tactics, a low blow that goes against corporate/social ethics and should not be accepted by anyone, especially when it was targetted at someone who caries a great deal of respect from the majority of people.

in the interst of balance........

lets assume keegan agreed to the DoF idea but thought he could get more power as time went on (think keegan at fulham). keegan dug his heels in over wanting certain players,players that the board felt were unrealistic,with the deadline approaching the board felt the need to get players in and hope keegan can make the best of them.

neither scenario will be spot on,it may well be somewhere in the middle,as a fan even if it takes a court case i'd like to knoew what happened one way or the other.

It's difficult to know what to believe, I know I keep changing my mind every time I think about the subject. On the one hand, if Keegan had as you say dug his heels in, then Wise & Co had no option but to sign players over his head.

At the same time though, weren't we linked with a few unknown players who Keegan wanted, yet we for some reason did not sign? There's Kamil Zayatte who Keegan clearly wanted yet ended up at Hull.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4422699,00.html

"Speaking to the Hull Mail, Zayatte said: "Originally I was going to go to Everton but the two clubs did not agree on transfer fees.

"The coach of Everton (David Moyes) then recommended me to the coach of Newcastle (Kevin Keegan), but the manager and the chairman did not get on.

"Then I signed for Hull and I don't regret it. It looks like a brilliant decision."

Reads to me like Keegan wanted him but the chairman said no, and Zayatte is hardly an unrealistic target. Hence, its quite possible that Keegan's targets were reasonable but Wise/Llambias had their own plans, thought they could bully Keegan into doing what they wanted, then cooked up the "he's a madman, a loony" story when things turned a bit sour.

Let's assume Keegan's (assumed) version of events is true - that he was forced to resign by Wise/Llambias knowingly and willingly going over his head in the player recruitment department, essentially making a mockery of the agreement made that enticed Keegan back into the job in the first place. If that's what happened, Keegan has no choice to sue. And lest we forget, although there's probably no shred of hard evidence, it was obvious that was a clear attempt by someone within the club (hiding behind anonymity) to tarnish Keegan's reputation and sanity via the media. Dirty tactics, a low blow that goes against corporate/social ethics and should not be accepted by anyone, especially when it was targetted at someone who caries a great deal of respect from the majority of people.

in the interst of balance........

lets assume keegan agreed to the DoF idea but thought he could get more power as time went on (think keegan at fulham). keegan dug his heels in over wanting certain players,players that the board felt were unrealistic,with the deadline approaching the board felt the need to get players in and hope keegan can make the best of them.

neither scenario will be spot on,it may well be somewhere in the middle,as a fan even if it takes a court case i'd like to knoew what happened one way or the other.

It's difficult to know what to believe, I know I keep changing my mind every time I think about the subject. On the one hand, if Keegan had as you say dug his heels in, then Wise & Co had no option but to sign players over his head.

At the same time though, weren't we linked with a few unknown players who Keegan wanted, yet we for some reason did not sign? There's Kamil Zayatte who Keegan clearly wanted yet ended up at Hull.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_4422699,00.html

"Speaking to the Hull Mail, Zayatte said: "Originally I was going to go to Everton but the two clubs did not agree on transfer fees.

"The coach of Everton (David Moyes) then recommended me to the coach of Newcastle (Kevin Keegan), but the manager and the chairman did not get on.

"Then I signed for Hull and I don't regret it. It looks like a brilliant decision."

Reads to me like Keegan wanted him but the chairman said no, and Zayatte is hardly an unrealistic target.

could well be true, but for what reason ?...maybe bassong was chose instead ?

It was always clear to every oother fucker in the world that Ashely was set up to buy young promising players and not splash on Superstar signings

Like Cacapa, Faye, Geremi?

Weren't they big Sam's signings?

Presumably under Ashley?  Don't agree with the OP btw, I don't think it was clear at all.  iirc that was stated as part of Wise's brief though when he was recruited (possibly by Keegan?)

could well be true, but for what reason ?...maybe bassong was chose instead ?

Can't have been as Bassong was signed months beforehand. Pretty sure this was near the end of the window, and that after Zayatte joined Hull the only players who came in were Xisco and Nacho.

I hope this does go to court, some shit will fly around while it's going through that process but we'll at least get to know what happened and can then move on.

My guess is that the problems were on both sides and responsibility will be shared.  If that is the case then I don't see how either Ashley or Keegan can be totally held responsible by the fans.

Anybody who thinks this has anything to do with Ashley staying is wrong it would have happened regardless of him selling or not.  I also don’t see how it can be claimed that this will not make a difference to possible transfer funds, it’s got to as it’s potentially money going out of the club.

I also dont see how it can be claimed that this will not make a difference to possible transfer funds, its got to as its potentially money going out of the club.

Only if that represents 8m the club would have spent otherwise.  I'm afraid I'm cynical whether the club will invest as much as it can afford.  I think they will spend the minimum amount possible, based on history to date.

I also dont see how it can be claimed that this will not make a difference to possible transfer funds, its got to as its potentially money going out of the club.

Only if that represents 8m the club would have spent otherwise.  I'm afraid I'm cynical whether the club will invest as much as it can afford.  I think they will spend the minimum amount possible, based on history to date.

if the club has to pay out that ammount to keegan it is obvious that ammount has to be found from somewhere.

The money will come from somewhere within the club, even if the plan was to break even it could end up with us having to make a transfer profit instead.

Edit.

We could decide that we'll let Owen go in the summer and get him off the wage bill and save £5,000,000 a year if he's on £100,000 a week or at least something along those lines anyway but it could be any player.  I would think that with our wage bill being such a high percentage of turnover that it's got to be a saving from that area of the clubs finances if it's not directly transfer fees.