Dare I be a little bit positive?

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Its obviously up to us to dig deep and try and drag ourselves out of this sorry mess, even with the divvy in charge, but having a spy around, its not like we should fall too far behind when...

Blackburn are soon to play Wigan, Stoke, mackems, Citeh

Stoke are soon to play Fulham, Blackburn, Manyoo, West Ham

the team from the land that soap forgot are soon to play West Brom, Hull, Blackburn, Everton.

And we're soon to play Pompey, Spuds, Wigan Liverpool.

At best, I'd like to see us come away with 5 points from those 4 games, but my main point is that for certain quarters on here that are talking about relegation, the season is far from over, teams at the bottom are still playing each other, and its not like we're going to be left adrift just yet, only WBA seem to be in that position thus far.

Yes, Kinnear is getting on everyone's tits, but thats another 2 goals we've scored today.  Thats not relegation shite.  KEEP THE FUCKING FAITH!!!

Our best chance for a win will come next week imo, Portsmouth will attack us are not the tightest at the back. We've looked vulnerable at home and Wigan away is our bogey fixture.

Money on that fucking Ryan Taylor to score the first goal me thinks.

Our best chance for a win will come next week imo, Portsmouth will attack us are not the tightest at the back. We've looked vulnerable at home and Wigan away is our bogey fixture.

Money on that f***ing Ryan Taylor to score the first goal me thinks.

Think we should all put a couple quid on him, just to soften the inevitable disappointment.

You've not exactly filled me with confidence there. I don't expect anything from those four games.

really?  We're a Jekyll and Hyde team, 2 draws away from home (albeit one being against the smogs) then that s**** today.  I wouldn't rule us out getting something surprising in one of them.

We are NOT - we are a 'HIDE' team, as in too many go into hiding in away matches..

It definitely doesn't look good at the moment.

Here are some scattered relegation worried thoughts on the matter :)

Last season we had 22 points at this stage, now we have 16, though we did have an easier start to the season last time around.  The next 14 games are very important because last season we only took 7 points from them, so that's somewhere we can possibly catch up.  Though we still need 13 points from those 14 games to catch where we were last season, a season when we were already in relegation trouble.  Our current form would see us take 15 points but who knows what will happen over the course of those games...

The last 8 games if anything look a little bit harder then the last 8 from last season, plus we got 14 points from those 8 last season to end up with a total of 43.  We look incapable of getting 14 points from 8 games at the moment, so we really can't rely on those.  Having said that 37 points would have kept us up that season, but this season seems different, I doubt 37 points will keep a side up this season.

Personally I think we need at least 18 points from the next 14 games for me to feel confident of staying up.  If we go into the last 8 games needing 10 to 12 points I'll shit myself.

Nothing positive there man.

The remaining games thing is irrelevant, because we've had an awful season so far and with an inadequate Joe in charge, things will only get worse.

Last night I thought that at least if we're that bad, this might persuade Ashley to spend some money cause relegation is a massive fuck-up and I'll hunt him down if it happens.. but then again, Kinnear seems the sort of person who would blow it all on big reputation has-been's, which will ultimately cost us for years to come as we know.. WE DON'T NEED MORE SHIT PLAYERS!

If we kept with the current side and put Barton in there instead of Guthrie, I wouldn't be too worried about relegation, in fact I'd be hoping for an upper mid table finish.

However, pretty soon we're going to have Smith, Duff, Butt, Ameobi, all available for first team selection, and the big worry here is that Kinnear will start with most of them. Duff is an almost certainty to start every game, as is Butt, and these two players will immediately take the team a step backwards compared to the likes of Geremi/N'Zogbia. Unless he's sold, I can see Smith having a big role under Kinnear, and I wouldn't be suprised if it's at the expense of Martins, who'll be benched every other week, subbed off, or put out wide. Maybe under Kinnear these players will perform better than under previous managers, however if they don't then they're easily s*** enough to take a team down. We're struggling to finish teams off as it is with 11 decent players on the pitch, adding players who do nothing except give the ball away whilst working hard would be like standing on a drowning man's head.

It could easily get alot worse than it is right now.

I'll be positive.

It wasn't that long ago that Aston Villa was looking to be in the shit, with an unsupportive owner and an all-out player revolt. Then they got a new owner, who didn't infuse the club with billions of pounds, but rather some good decisions, and now they are a legitimate contender for a Champions League place.

We're a club that's been plagued by bad decisions at the board room level, and an unfortunate and long-lasting string of injuries to our top players. The fact that any pundit can laugh at NUFC's fortunes, while saying that Chelsea is "cursed by injuries," with a straight face is utterly disgusting. No team has been harder hit by injuries over the past three to four seasons than we have.

In spite of that, we have some good players (ie, Jonas, Coloccini, Given, Beye, Basong, Martins, Barton) who seem to be committed to the club and can make up the backbone of a contending club, if we can attract an owner who is able to make good decisions. We've had crisis after crisis and we continue to survive, and still have a great fan base and are in the top flight of a very competitive system.

There are definitely lots of reasons to be worried about the immediate future, but there's also room to be optimistic that our fortunes can, and will, turn around.

Besides, even if we continue to be a bottom-half team or we end up in the fizzy pop league, I'm still going to love this club.