Sunday's Tittle Tattle

Thespence

Harry Redknapp wants to bring £20m Liverpool flop Robbie Keane back to Tottenham Hotspur, and expects to pay just £5m to get him. (Various)

Middlesbrough winger Stewart Downing is also set to sign for Spurs in a deal worth £12m. (Mail on Sunday)

Valencia striker David Villa's agent will fly to England this week to seal a £52m January move to Manchester City. (News of the World)

City will also tie up a £20m deal for French star Franck Ribery next month. (Sunday Express)

Chelsea and Manchester United have joined the race to sign Hearts captain Christophe Berra. Fulham are also keen. (Sunday Times)

Manchester United's Brazilian midfielder Anderson is touting for a move to Jose Mourinho's Inter Milan in January. (News of the World)

United are now favourites to sign Lyon striker Karim Benzema after Real Madrid ruled out a move. However, Lyon want nearly £90m for the 20-year-old. (Sunday Express)

West Brom want to take Arsenal's teenage Mexican striker Carlos Vela on loan. (News of the World)

Aston Villa striker Marlon Harewood is being lined up for a £4m move to Stoke City. (News of the World)

Newcastle's squad are worried owner Mike Ashley will try to offload as many players as he can in a January fire sale, to raise funds for manager Joe Kinnear, who has Roma star John Arne Riise in his sights, among others. (News of the World)

OTHER FOOTBALL GOSSIP

Blackburn manager Paul Ince will discover his future at Ewood Park within the next 48 hours. (Sunday Express)

Manchester United have opened talks on a new £40m deal to keep Cristiano Ronaldo at the club for the next five years. (Sunday Express)

Chelsea boss Luiz Felipe Scolari could be set for an almighty row with owner Roman Abramovich after the club edited Scolari's criticisms of club transfer policy out of a transcript of a Q&A with fans earlier in the week. (Mail on Sunday)

Didier Drogba and Joe Cole have seen their contract negotiations at Chelsea put on hold as Abramovich tightens the purse strings at Stamford Bridge. (News of the World)

Abramovich has seen his most important stock market investment, steel producer Evraz, rescued by a £1.8bn (£1.2bn) loan from the Russian government, as concerns grow about how hard the Chelsea owner has been hit by the credit crunch. (Observer)

Arsenal's new chief executive Ivan Gazidis will consider tearing up long-term sponsorship deals with Emirates and Nike worth £112m when he starts at the club. Gazidis believes he can negotiate more profitable contracts. (News of the World)

Rio Ferdinand will retire when the four years remaining on his current Manchester United contract expire, at the age of 34. (News of the World)

Avram Grant could be in line for a shock return to Portsmouth if a group of South African investors seal a £50m takeover at Fratton Park. (News of the World)

That Pompey takeover is at "an advanced stage" with current boss Tony Adams thought to be on very thin ground if the deal goes through. (Observer)

Danny Mills, still a Manchester City player despite being out of the game since last playing on loan at Derby in January, will retire because of a persistent knee injury. (News of the World)

Richard Money is set to leave Newcastle's backroom staff to become new manager of Swindon Town. (News of the World)

AND FINALLY

Scolari has warned top Chelsea players - many earning more than £100,000 a week - not to end up skint. "Some players only think about spending money for the day. After 10 years they have spent too much money ... if they invest wisely they won't have a problem." (News of the World)

Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech has hailed Communism as the reason he got into sport. Seven-year-old Cech was spending all his time taking advantage of Czechoslovakia's many sports programmes, playing ice hockey and football, when the Velvet Revolution brought democracy to the country in 1989. "The problem is that kids now are spending all their time on a Playstation." (Sunday Telegraph)

Milan striker Marco Borriello is said to be "hurt" after girlfriend Belen Rodriguez told a reality TV show he "fundamentally lacks intelligence". (Observer)

Newcastle have been linked (with quotes from Kinnear) David Obua “Yes we are monitoring David Obua, but then we are monitoring several players at the moment” and Lucas Mareque "Lucas Mareque is a player we are looking to bring in from Independiente in the January transfer window and we are trying to find out what that would entail". The players are left backs, 6ft plus and 24/25 years old. After yesterdays game we need midfielders and I thought Enrique looks as though with confidence he can do a job at left back. A few weeks back there was quotes from Kinnear about John Arne Riise as well meaning we were/are looking at 3 left backs.

I also read that Owen said the person he was negotiating with at the club over contracts had left and it must have been Jiminez. Now what does Llambias and Vetere do? At least Jiminez was doing something useful it would seem.

Guest LucaAltieri

Milan striker Marco Borriello is said to be "hurt" after girlfriend Belen Rodriguez told a reality TV show he "fundamentally lacks intelligence". (Observer)

:lol:

I'm sure my girlfriend would say the same.

Women = snakes.

Have you seen Belen Rodriguez, by the way?  :smitten:

I also read that Owen said the person he was negotiating with at the club over contracts had left and it must have been Jiminez. Now what does Llambias and Vetere do? At least Jiminez was doing something useful it would seem.

Vetere is our International scout, are you suggesting we should use our scout to negotiate players contracts?

Newcastle have been linked (with quotes from Kinnear) David Obua "Yes we are monitoring David Obua, but then we are monitoring several players at the moment" and Lucas Mareque "Lucas Mareque is a player we are looking to bring in from Independiente in the January transfer window and we are trying to find out what that would entail". The players are left backs, 6ft plus and 24/25 years old. After yesterdays game we need midfielders and I thought Enrique looks as though with confidence he can do a job at left back. A few weeks back there was quotes from Kinnear about John Arne Riise as well meaning we were/are looking at 3 left backs.

I;ve just read the Sunday Sun back page as well and Wise was at the Roma game monitoring Riise yesterday.

Specy is the MD & JV is Technical Co-ordinator.

Llambias & Wise should be the chaps now sorting the deal  out but with it being Owen & the numbers involved I would expect Ashley to also be involved.

Vetere is our International scout, are you suggesting we should use our scout to negotiate players contracts?

No, I just didn't know what he did. Thanks for enlightening me on his role.

Guest LucaAltieri

Have you seen Belen Rodriguez, by the way?  :smitten:

height=300 width=200http://www.celebs101.com/gallery/Belen_Rodriguez/170078/Belen_RodriguezMatrix_Magazine_July_2007_11.jpg[/img]

That's the one.

She's not shy about getting the mammories out, either.

http://www.gossipnews.it/moda/melissa_satta_e_sara_tommasi_alla_presentazione_di_star_chic_by_simona_ventura/images/belen_rodriguez_5dd6.jpg http://www.gossipnews.it/musica/party_aida_yespica_coolio/images/belen_rodriguez_1ad6.jpg http://www.fantallenatore.it/img/forum/belen.jpg

Sigh.

David Obua was class on FM08. Available for £300k, could play anywhere on the left or upfront.

When I say he was class, this was for a Championship team.  :blush:

Good to see Kinnear building for the future.

So fuck if it's shopped, although it would never happen, imagine if you're about to park the pink Plymouth in the garage of love and then going "oh no sorry sweetheart you don't look as good as your shopped photos."

Of course.

So f*** if it's shopped, although it would never happen, imagine if you're about to park the pink Plymouth in the garage of love and then going "oh no sorry sweetheart you don't look as good as your shopped photos."

Of course.

Also it is very rare ugly fat birds get shopped most tweaks are carried out on f***ing stunners.

Guest Geordiesned

Newcastle have been linked (with quotes from Kinnear) David Obua "Yes we are monitoring David Obua, but then we are monitoring several players at the moment" and Lucas Mareque "Lucas Mareque is a player we are looking to bring in from Independiente in the January transfer window and we are trying to find out what that would entail". The players are left backs, 6ft plus and 24/25 years old. After yesterdays game we need midfielders and I thought Enrique looks as though with confidence he can do a job at left back. A few weeks back there was quotes from Kinnear about John Arne Riise as well meaning we were/are looking at 3 left backs.

I;ve just read the Sunday Sun back page as well and Wise was at the Roma game monitoring Riise yesterday.

Wise will travel to Tyneside after flying in from Spain, where he watched Roma left-back John Arne Riise in action yesterday.

I think Neil Farrington needs a geography lesson.

Wise will travel to Tyneside after flying in from Spain, where he watched Roma left-back John Arne Riise in action yesterday.

How strange because it has the correct countries on a different article

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2008/12/07/ashley-slashes-toon-asking-price-79310-22421617/

Guest Geordiesned

How strange because it has the correct countries on a different article

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2008/12/07/ashley-slashes-toon-asking-price-79310-22421617/

He was probably thinking "phew, realised the error and just got away with it!" not noticing he'd put in in another article as well. :lol:

Guest Heneage

Owen's said today the Turmoil has stopped him signing. Tbf the lad could pick anyone of 5 excuses and they'd all be acceptable.