Lost Driving Licence (Provisional)

ChrisJbarnes

went to see the pigeon detectives in london yesterday and had my wallet nicked with all my cards including provisional licence. i have a theory test in 10 days time and have to produce it! anyone know what to do bearing in mind it takes 3 weeks for another?

went to see the pigeon detectives in london yesterday and had my wallet nicked with all my cards including provisional licence. i have a theory test in 10 days time and have to produce it! anyone know what to do bearing in mind it takes 3 weeks for another?

Follow this link and you can sort it online. I think you'll need a current passport so they can copy the pic off it. (Might not though so try it anyway.)

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Motoringtransactions/DG_10032681

Pigeon Detectives

:lol:

Don't laugh, this is an emergency.

Sorry, but :lol:

Thought he was talking about the actual rozzers the first time I read this and saying that he'd been down the cop shop to report the theft. That's what no sleep and 14 hours travelling does to you.

On a related note, do you think I'd be able to learn to drive and pass a test quicker if I learned to drive an automatic and then just bought one of them?  I'd quite like to have wheels but I can't really be arsed with all this learning to drive shit and I'd prefer to do as little of it as possible, and I seem to remember the most annoying thing was trying to look at the road instead of the gearstick when I change gears (although I didn't really give myself much time to get used to it, I only had 10 lessons crawling around a Gatehead industrial estate about 6 years ago before I failed my theory test and gave up).  Plus I think that practise playing Ridge Racer down the seafront as a kid might help if all I have to worry about it one pedal to go, one to stop and a button on the wheel for "get the fuck out the way."

On a related note, do you think I'd be able to learn to drive and pass a test quicker if I learned to drive an automatic and then just bought one of them?  I'd quite like to have wheels but I can't really be arsed with all this learning to drive shit and I'd prefer to do as little of it as possible, and I seem to remember the most annoying thing was trying to look at the road instead of the gearstick when I change gears (although I didn't really give myself much time to get used to it, I only had 10 lessons crawling around a Gatehead industrial estate about 6 years ago before I failed my theory test and gave up).  Plus I think that practise playing Ridge Racer down the seafront as a kid might help if all I have to worry about it one pedal to go, one to stop and a button on the wheel for "get the fuck out the way."

Sounds like your instructor was not too eager to hit the road mate. Sounds like you were in the hands of a large national company who many believe are the best in the business at teaching you to drive when the truth is the exact opposite.

Get yourself a well established independant instructor and you'll see the difference straight away. Word of mouth or if you wish let me know what area you are and I'll ask about for you. Thats if you still have the will to do it.

As for going automatic then only IF you really are piss poor at the gears but I'd suggest it just needs more practice rather than thinking its impossible - old grannies and disabled folk go for automatics and also its boring - think when you can afford / want to get the decent motor, you'll be glad of the manual then. As well as the extra fuel consumption that comes with auto's.

If you are near me I'd teach you mate!  (may as well tout mesel eh?)

On a related note, do you think I'd be able to learn to drive and pass a test quicker if I learned to drive an automatic and then just bought one of them?  I'd quite like to have wheels but I can't really be arsed with all this learning to drive s*** and I'd prefer to do as little of it as possible, and I seem to remember the most annoying thing was trying to look at the road instead of the gearstick when I change gears (although I didn't really give myself much time to get used to it, I only had 10 lessons crawling around a Gatehead industrial estate about 6 years ago before I failed my theory test and gave up).  Plus I think that practise playing Ridge Racer down the seafront as a kid might help if all I have to worry about it one pedal to go, one to stop and a button on the wheel for "get the f*** out the way."

Sounds like your instructor was not too eager to hit the road mate. Sounds like you were in the hands of a large national company who many believe are the best in the business at teaching you to drive when the truth is the exact opposite.

Get yourself a well established independant instructor and you'll see the difference straight away. Word of mouth or if you wish let me know what area you are and I'll ask about for you. Thats if you still have the will to do it.

As for going automatic then only IF you really are piss poor at the gears but I'd suggest it just needs more practice rather than thinking its impossible - old grannies and disabled folk go for automatics and also its boring - think when you can afford / want to get the decent motor, you'll be glad of the manual then. As well as the extra fuel consumption that comes with auto's.

If you are near me I'd teach you mate!  (may as well tout mesel eh?)

Couldn't agree more, when I learnt to drive 5 years ago or so now I started at one of the big national companies and the bloke was a time wasting w*****, sacked him off and went with an independent, much better instructor and value for money.

The c*** from the AA would stop the lesson and try to talk to me about Eastenders and other s**** like that for 20 minutes, bit of a piss take when you are paying £17 odd quid an hour.

well, im currently with BSM and apparently they use a lot of underqualified driving instructors. check the badge they have in their windscreen which should be a green pentagon. if its a triangle, it means they are shite. apparently BSM and the AA have a bad reputation within the industry, but i had a terrible freelance driving instructor, and am now with BSM, paying less, have a great driving instructor and she always finishes the lessons about 20 mins late, so must be pretty touch and go. I pay £23 an hour which is about the norm. my advice is to definately get a recommendation from someone.