New monitor

Nobody

Thinking about getting me a new monitor for my PC, anyone got any recommendations?

Want a 24" one, and I want to be able to hook up the 360 to it (got an old one, no HDMi), other than that, there's nothing special I want from it, other than it being good and good value for money.

Cheers O0

Cheers TT, you're a bit of a Samsung fanboy though, so I was expecting that from you ;)

Seriously though, I've read a few reviews and most of them do seem to agree with you, so if I get one, it'll probably be a Samsung one.

Cheers TT, you're a bit of a Samsung fanboy though, so I was expecting that from you ;)

Seriously though, I've read a few reviews and most of them do seem to agree with you, so if I get one, it'll probably be a Samsung one.

Admittedly i am.

5 or so mobiles, 3 HDTV's, 1 TFT, 1 camera plus some other things i'm not thinking about right now = Samsung rocks.

I'm running two monitors, a Samsung 20" and a LG 24".  The picture on the LG is noticeably better.  FACT!

It's a cheap LG parlour trick fooling you, happens all the time when monitors are not calibrated properly. It's why LG sets sell very well in stores, everything is banged up to give a very vivid but unnatural image to catch the buyers eye.

Guest Gemmill

I'm running two monitors, a Samsung 20" and a LG 24".  The picture on the LG is noticeably better.  FACT!

It's a cheap LG parlour trick fooling you, happens all the time when monitors are not calibrated properly. It's why LG sets sell very well in stores, everything is banged up to give a very vivid but unnatural image to catch the buyers eye.

Yeah, having a better picture than the competitors seems like a pretty good parlour trick.

Yeah, having a better picture than the competitors seems like a pretty good parlour trick.

Like i say it fools gullible people who haven't got a clue. (considering you will find Samsung are making most top range panels in sets these days, inc LG)

Guest Gemmill

:lol: And when you get it home, change the settings, and still get a better picture on the LG? What's going on there? A continuation of the elaborate parlour trick?