Jump to content

Newcastle restaurants


Allmo
 Share

Recommended Posts

Not Newcastle but me and my lass used to go to a brilliant Chinese in Ponteland or Darras Hall called the New Rendezvous. Was just booking up to go again but looks like it's moved from the (admittedly terrible) little precinct location it used to be on and is now in the centre of town. Anybody know if it's still as good as ever just in a new place?

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 23/12/2022 at 22:13, Pilko said:

Punto Italian Kitchen in Heaton again tonight, can't beat it. Going to need to make it a regular one to visit next year, it's bloody fantastic.

My ex neighbours’ place, great people and very passionate about their food. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, King HTT III said:

My ex neighbours’ place, great people and very passionate about their food. 

 

Yep I remember your previous incarnation saying so! It's a really good spot, I notice they're #4 in Heaton on Tripadvisor already. Can't fault it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, OpenC said:

Not Newcastle but me and my lass used to go to a brilliant Chinese in Ponteland or Darras Hall called the New Rendezvous. Was just booking up to go again but looks like it's moved from the (admittedly terrible) little precinct location it used to be on and is now in the centre of town. Anybody know if it's still as good as ever just in a new place?

I've not been in a while but it was still pretty good last time, even if it had lost a bit of sparkle. I don't think Kevin Liu owns it anymore but the menu seemed exactly the same & everyone at our table was happy enough with their scran.

 

The location is canny - in what was once The Smithy so feels somewhat unique for a Chinese Restaurant. Main downside is that parking is wank there, and you might have to pass some twats on their way into The Diamond Inn [emoji38]

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Going to that 3sixty on Saturday as part of restaurant week.

I'm not expecting the food to be amazing in the slightest, but it's an excuse to just check out the views without paying full price [emoji38]

Link to post
Share on other sites

Blackfriars Thursday up to its usual standard food wise. SJP last night surprisingly very good taster menu and great view of the pitch etc. Miller & Carter’s tomorrow. Not expecting any surprises as usual good.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 17/01/2023 at 09:08, Joey said:

Going to that 3sixty on Saturday as part of restaurant week.

I'm not expecting the food to be amazing in the slightest, but it's an excuse to just check out the views without paying full price [emoji38]

 

What was it like?

I really fancy going to give it a try.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, pinkeye said:

 

What was it like?

I really fancy going to give it a try.

 

 

The food was actually better than I expected it to be, it was 3 tapas type plates for £20 which was very reasonable. Drink selection isn't the best and a bit pricey. Views were good but I guess it depends on what side you get sat. 

 

Had an email that they were extending their restaurant week offers to this week too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 23/01/2023 at 22:57, Slim said:

Pine and Hyem worth the hype before I book ?

Pine was absolutely class when I went last year, like. English wine pairings were good n'all. Not cheap though! 

 

Haven't been lucky enough to get to Hjem yet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Vedder said:

Breakfast at Flat Caps this morning was spot on. Great place. 

 

Was in there this morning.  The bacon and egg stottie was banging but the service was poor.

 

Not many in but sat at our table with clear plates/drinks finished for 20+ minutes.  Eventually went up to the counter to pay the bill as my parking was about to run out.

 

 

Edited by Sima

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, ponsaelius said:

I've always just gone up to pay the bill there like. Thought that was just how it worked.

 


Nah, the lass there took payment from the table next to us and a couple of others while we were waiting.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...