Newcastle restaurants

Allmo

Went to Marco Polo tonight. The garlic mushrooms were chron de la chron, but the pizza was pretty average. Nice place though; decent atmosphere and very reasonably priced. Got three courses, (half a) bottle of red and a Grappa for just over £25 - can't complain with that.

Has anyone been to Cafe Med in Jesmond? Going there tonight.

Get yaself to Cafe Bruges instead. I went with my veggie mate so they definitely cater for freaks.

Get yaself to Cafe Bruges instead. I went with my veggie mate so they definitely cater for freaks.

:lol:

Its supposed to be s*** like.

Haha, really? Reviews seems areet tbh.

Bloke from work went - said it was terrible. Nasty Microwaved Lasagne  :lol:

Its supposed to be s*** like.

Haha, really? Reviews seems areet tbh.

Bloke from work went - said it was terrible. Nasty Microwaved Lasagne  :lol:

:lol: Was actually really nice tbh, although i'm pretty easily pleased when it comes to food but my lass really liked it too. I'd go back again with another voucher.

• 2 weeks later...

When I was in toon, I went to the following places:

Akhbars – I like akhbars a lot, especially given it’s a chain. They gave us raw chillis at the end of the night, as we were being macho types. I don’t know what chilli it was, but it scarred me for life. I can still feel the pain on my tongue. I swear I could feel it travelling through me.

Six – delightful joint, albeit with stingy portions at high prices. Can’t beat the view. I had Pollock, it was good. Sticky toffee pudding was nowt to write home about tho.

Electric East – Went on ASIA TAPAS night. Worked out quite well. 3 ‘tapas style’ Asian dishes per person for 11 quid. Not bad at all. Hasn’t changed a lick since it was Barn Asia mind.

The Café bit in that Treehouse in Alnwick – They sell Bacon sandwiches, and sausages sandwiches. They were nice, if a little dry.

Jamesons, Forest Hall – Saveloy Dip. OCK lives here.

Joy King, Forest Hall – Always a fantastic meal at the joy king.

Broad Chare – this place is nice, but this is the second time I’ve been and it’s already getting a bit boring

Jesmond Dene Petting Zoo Café place – I got a sausage sandwich. It was fine.

Oink, Edinburgh – it sells pig in bread. My kind of place.

• 3 weeks later...

Going to Tenji Japanese Buffet tomorrow for lunch, it's on Barack Road where Dragoni used to be, open last month I think.

Never had Japanese before, will let you know how it goes.

My parents went down last week, they thought it was good. Hope you have the same experience!

Went to Sale Pepe in Jesmond the other week with a load of birds I went to Spain with. Lush bait, the waiters were class and gave us a free shot after every course. Definitely worth a blast if you're local and haven't been before.

Guest BooBoo

Booked up for Blackfriars in a few weeks, looking forward to it.

Is there Akhbars now in Newcastle? Been to their places in York and Manchester and the foods bloody awful.

Going to Tenji Japanese Buffet tomorrow for lunch, it's on Barack Road where Dragoni used to be, open last month I think.

Never had Japanese before, will let you know how it goes.

Very, very nice, lots of cold and hot choices. The Japanese chicken curry was gorgeous. A massive plus was the fridge full of Haagen Dazs ice-cream pots which were included in the price of the buffet.

Waitresses were great and very cute. A new love for Japanese girls.