Stansted

Decky

Should lock those protesters up over Christmas. Just think of all the stress they have caused to passengers today. Airlines dont have to compensate passengers for delayed or cancelled flights if the circumstances were not the airlines fault, so alot of people could be out of pocket from what these immature hippies did today, lock them up.

Should lock those protesters up over Christmas. Just think of all the stress they have caused to passengers today. Airlines dont have to compensate passengers for delayed or cancelled flights if the circumstances were not the airlines fault, so alot of people could be out of pocket from what these immature hippies did today, lock them up.

I'd be fucking furious if it happened to me like. Stinking hippies.

Fucking hippy ass bastards.

What the fuck do they think they're even achieving?!

Plus, hitting Stanny is a ridiculous ploy as you're just stopping all the low cost, european carriers. The ones who'll never compensate travellers in a million years.

Guest lankybellwipe

Yep!

Saw that on the noos, and that was my primal thought! feckin arseholes. I bet half of 'em weren't really bothered about the 'cause' but didn't want to get out of sorts with Akela!

Cocks, arses, and a disgrace to the dreadlock!

Seriously, they were protesting against a new runway or something being built werent they? Do they want the world to live in the dark ages or something? Bored excentric students with fuck all else to do.

Guest Jawesome

I'd bet on them being students who've been on gap years involving world tours.

Middle class scum.

I despise these people.

Loving the indignation in this thread :lol: And none of you thick bastards see WHY there hippies were protesting in this manner?!

You can tell they're twats by their name 'Plane Stupid'. Nothing stupid about a plane, it's a marvelous invention.

Guest lankybellwipe

Loving the indignation in this thread :lol: And none of you thick bastards see WHY there hippies were protesting in this manner?!

Well they claim because climate change is affecting the environemt, and aviation is a major benefactor to that change! Nice to see they selected a major international airport to vent their major issue!

Guest LucaAltieri

I sympathise with the cause but their actions don't help any. It's not like they even need to generate publicity, the issue is already at the forefront of public and political discourse. If they've got a point to make then it needs to be done in the correct way.

The same applies to the same nutters (and they ARE the very same nutters) who break into animal testing labs or destroy GM crop plantations.

Through the Green Party people I've met I know a few people who do get involved in this sort of thing - including those masked animal rights extremists - and they are more or less a rent-a-mob. They'll protest anything...

...some of them are fucking hot, though.

When it comes to airport expansion though there's an odd alliance nowadays between the stereotypical climate change activists and Daily Mail NIMBYs who are worried about what another runway would do to the price of their second home and if the increased air traffic would stress out their geese.

When it comes to airport expansion though there's an odd alliance nowadays between the stereotypical climate change activists and Daily Mail NIMBYs who are worried about what another runway would do to the price of their second home and if the increased air traffic would stress out their geese.

Spot on, like :lol:

Guest LucaAltieri

The people who want to stop global warming, yet are against Nuclear Powerstations....

:thup:

Nuclear power is getting better, safer, cleaner... more nuclear power. And while we're on, time to make nuclear-powered rockets legal. I want to go to Mars.

I sympathise with the cause but their actions don't help any. It's not like they even need to generate publicity, the issue is already at the forefront of public and political discourse. If they've got a point to make then it needs to be done in the correct way.

The same applies to the same nutters (and they ARE the very same nutters) who break into animal testing labs or destroy GM crop plantations.

Through the Green Party people I've met I know a few people who do get involved in this sort of thing - including those masked animal rights extremists - and they are more or less a rent-a-mob. They'll protest anything...

...some of them a fucking hot, though.

:lol:

I was merely bringing a bit of political bite to this thread with my interjection there...I'm a bit two-faced on this whole issue as we all are, but at the end of the day we do have to come to terms with the brutal fact that aviation and the pollution it creates has to be tackled head on as part of broader efforts to address climate change. Personally, I'm torn: I know darn fine that I'd have been spitting feathers if I was one of the unlucky bastards stuck at Stansted today on account of these protestors, and yet on the other hand, if these issues are constantly brought back into the media spotlight, you have to wonder whether Government and the corporate world will ever bite the bullet and taper in their rapacious exploitation and destruction of the planet.

It is, as they say, a bit of a toughie.  :undecided:

...some of them a fucking hot, though.

:lol:

I was merely bringing a bit of political bite to this thread with my interjection there...I'm a bit two-faced on this whole issue as we all are, but at the end of the day we do have to come to terms with the brutal fact that aviation and the pollution it creates has to be tackled head on as part of broader efforts to address climate change. Personally, I'm torn: I know darn fine that I'd have been spitting feathers if I was one of the unlucky bastards stuck at Stansted today on account of these protestors, and yet on the other hand, if these issues are constantly brought back into the media spotlight, you have to wonder whether Government and the corporate world will ever bite the bullet and taper in their rapacious exploitation and destruction of the planet.

It is, as they say, a bit of a toughie.  :undecided:

If the UK hinder their own airport expansion then the economy will go even further down the shitter. There is no win.

Depressing to see anyone saying that there is no win. Smacks of oldschool traditional capitalist thinking. Just because we're in a recession doesn't mean we have to carry on ruining the planet. There are other ways to regenerate the economy in ways which are sustainable for the longer term, and work in harmony with the planet and our economic needs at the same time.