Squad for Palermo

stozo

Parker, Carr, Babayaro and Duff haven't travelled to Palermo, nor have Martins, Dyer and Amoebi.

I also see Forster, Huntington, Troisi, Pattison, O'Brien and Carroll have all been included in the squad lets hope atleast one of them gets put on for a bit.

Guest Gemmill

Maybe mong boy has realised that we basically have to lose this game if it gives us a chance of winning at the weekend.  It looks that way.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~920841,00.html

Magpies Fly Out

By Ian Willis

GLENN Roeder has named a 23-man squad for Thursday's UEFA Cup game with Palermo, though several key players carrying slight knocks will not travel to Sicily.

Academy goalkeeper Fraser Forster linked up with the first team squad for the first time, and will act as cover for Steve Harper and Tim Krul with Pavel Srnicek unable to play in Europe.

Shay Given is welcomed back into the fold after resuming training following his abdominal injury, and will travel to Italy along with Srnicek to take part in practice sessions.

Skipper Scott Parker was not in the travelling party, and nor were Stephen Carr, Celestine Babayaro and Damien Duff with the quartet all suffering slight problems in the 0-0 draw with Charlton at the weekend.

It is hoped that all four, however, will be fit to face Sheffield United at Gallowgate on Saturday. Roeder's other injury absentees were Kieron Dyer, Shola Ameobi, Obafemi Martins and, of course, Michael Owen.

Giuseppe Rossi, like Srnicek, is ineligible to play in Europe but he too was on the plane, as well as Academy graduates Andy Carroll and James Troisi.

Roeder jetted out of Newcastle Airport on Wednesday morning with the following squad: Steve Harper, Tim Krul, Fraser Forster, Pavel Srnicek, Shay Given, Steven Taylor, Craig Moore, Titus Bramble, Peter Ramage, Paul Huntington, Olivier Bernard, Nobby Solano, Emre, Charles N'Zogbia, Nicky Butt, James Milner, James Troisi, Matty Pattison, Alan O'Brien, Albert Luque, Giuseppe Rossi, Antoine Sibierski, Andy Carroll

Am i allowed to ask if Luque is in the squad or will I get my head bitten off for even suggesting he should be anywhere near our first team  bluelaugh.gif

Luque is in the squad. The team that has flown out is:

Harper, Krul, Forster, Given, Taylor, Moore, Bramble, Ramage, Huntington, Bernard, Solano, Emre, N'Zogbia, Butt, Milner, Troisi, Pattison, O'Brien, Luque, Rossi, Sibierski, Carroll.

Obviously Rossi is ineligible and Given won't play but other than that pretty much everyone else is available.

Guest filippo

hi guys,I'm filippo a palermo's boy (29) are you ready for palermo's battle tomorrow? here the atmosfere is very hot for team and supporters.

hi guys,I'm filippo a palermo's boy (29) are you ready for palermo's battle tomorrow? here the atmosfere is very hot for team and supporters.

Hey fillipo you will be playing NUFC at a very good time as we are in a real mess and have not sent over some our important players to Italy so we can keep them for an important league match on Saturday. I am expecting 2-0 or 3-0 Palermo victory  :thdn:

Guest BigTrev

shows how big our squad is we have named a 23 man squad and 3 of them can not play, Does this mean we might get to see bernard or is it going to be taylor moore bramble ramage

shows how big our squad is we have named a 23 man squad and 3 of them can not play, Does this mean we might get to see bernard or is it going to be taylor moore bramble ramage

that was what i thought - i think we might see him, and i bloody well hope so. the bernard of old would ease our defensive worries a bit.

Guest smoggeordie

That squad is dreadful :lol:

is it dreadful becuase your in it

I made it as good as dreaful. It'd be very dreadful if I wasn't there.

Guest BigTrev

That squad is dreadful :lol:

is it dreadful becuase your in it

I made it as good as dreaful. It'd be very dreadful if I wasn't there.

Fraser tell is Luque any good in training

"slight Knocks"  rubbish, but he does not want to come out and say he is resting them and appear to not be taking the EUFA cup seriously. We get 1 days rest after this match and for once Roeder has done the right thing, we did not have much chance of winning this game anyway so keeping the key players fit for Saturday is a good thing.  :thup:

Guest BigTrev

"slight Knocks" rubbish, but he does not want to come out and say he is resting them and appear to not be taking the EUFA cup seriously. We get 1 days rest after this match and for once Roeder has done the right thing, we did not have much chance of winning this game anyway so keeping the key players fit for Saturday is a good thing. :thup:

to be honest last time we rested players was probably our best game this season

Guest BigTrev

Harper

Taylor

Bramble

Moore

Ramage

Solano

Emre

Butt

N'Zogbia

Milner

Sibierski

Subs

Krul

Bernard

Huntington

Pattison

O'Brien

Luque

Carroll

Surely?

this is what i was thinking but not what i want to see

Steve Harper, Tim Krul, Fraser Forster, Pavel Srnicek, Shay Given, Steven Taylor, Craig Moore, Titus Bramble, Peter Ramage, Paul Huntington, Olivier Bernard, Nobby Solano, Emre, Charles N'Zogbia, Nicky Butt, James Milner, James Troisi, Matty Pattison, Alan O'Brien, Albert Luque, Giuseppe Rossi, Antoine Sibierski, Andy Carroll

--------------------Harper

Taylor------Moore-------Bramble-----Bernard

Nobby-------Milner--------Butt----------Zoggy

---------------Sibi-------Luque

BENCH

Krul

Ramage

Huntington

Emre

Pattison

O'Brien

Carroll