Give us a hand just a second...

Guest Heneage

Guest Heneage

I have an essay on "Is a camerman a Journalist" and after some extensive searches in library and google, I'm having trouble finding boxes/sources, any of the guys who did Journalism or anyone really, got any suggestions of Books that may help? Iceman Blue need not bother.

Guest Heneage

http://www.germes-online.com/direct/dbimage/50306893/Toilet_Roll_Paper.jpg

Wipe it yourself. :hmm:

Bloody students.

I'd say the same to you Grandad but I imagine your carer not only types for you but wipes for you?

I'm going to look at Journals tomorrow, I just wondered if any film students knew of sections that even just referenced Camera Men. Will go back tomorrow.

And sadly Chrissy they put your bollocks in a blender for Wiki.

Guest Heneage

Do you not have access to various journal databases through Uni that you can search?

Yeah we have Lexus Nexus, but even that brought up Jack Diddly squit. I'm just going to see if I can find quotes from respected Journalists (yes they exist) and expand on them.

http://www.germes-online.com/direct/dbimage/50306893/Toilet_Roll_Paper.jpg

Wipe it yourself. :hmm:

Bloody students.

I'd say the same to you Grandad but I imagine you're carer not only types for you but wipes for you?

I'm going to look at Journals tomorrow, I just wondered if any film students knew of sections that even just referenced Camera Men. Will go back tomorrow.

And sadly Chrissy they put your bollocks in a blender for Wiki.

Alright, then. Serious answer. Go take a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bang-Bang_Club and make sure you listen to Manic Street Preachers' epic "Kevin Carter" whilst you do so.

Also. Try googling the phrased "photo journalism". :thup:

I'd say the same to you Grandad but I imagine you're carer not only types for you but wipes for you?

:lol:

I know. Such a tragic but elementary spelling error. Still, however you get your kicks Luca.

Do you not have access to various journal databases through Uni that you can search?

Yeah we have Lexus Nexus, but even that brought up Jack Diddly squit. I'm just going to see if I can find quotes from respected Journalists (yes they exist) and expand on them.

Never heard of that to be honest, I've got access to hundreds of databases through Uni but I don't think this Uni does degrees in things like Journalism, so doubt I'll have access to any that are of any use.

How fucking easy is uni now that Wikipedia exists.

It's shit, man! All I want to do is source wiki but if you do, you get fucked big time by the tutors. It requires self-restraint to not do a search on wiki because that'll force me to read more of the source material on the subject, which is beneficial in the long-run.

Guest elbee909

Wikipedia at least gives you a list of sources per article, if you don't copy the content but refer to its references yourself that's something useful, at least.

I do basic reading on Wiki, I'll admit that  :blush:

Just for stuff like seminars.  The other week I had to do some reading on the Abbasid Caliphate.  I had no idea what it was, and when I got books out the library, they made no sense as the way they were written assumed that the reader would already have some idea.  Wiki gave me a brief outline and helped me to understand it.

Wouldn't dare source it in an essay though.

Not in the UK from what I can tell.  The standard of Journalism in Britain seems so shit it's not even funny.  It seems like every reporter has to put their own twist and feelings into basic news stories.  About the only thing I can stand reading is the BBC because it's about as close to news as you can get.

And the answer to your essay is yes.  A camera man can tell the news with one shot just as well as a 500 word article - the whole a picture is worth a thousand words concept.

Surely that would be only half a picture for a 500 word article? :pow: