Lua Lua smashes two goals from midfield (are you reading Joe?)

TRon

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/12/10/kazenga-lualua-gives-kinnear-selection-trouble-72703-22446234/

Kazenga LuaLua gives Kinnear selection trouble

Dec 10 2008 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

KAZENGA LuaLua turned back the clock at St Jamess Park to celebrate his 18th birthday in style and gave Newcastle United boss Joe Kinnear some food for thought ahead of Sundays trip to Portsmouth.

Teenage ace LuaLua emulated his big brother and former Toon star Lomana with the familys trademark backflip after bagging two crucial goals to send the Magpies into round four of the FA Youth Cup.

And with Kinnears side struggling with injuries at the moment, there is every chance the youngster, who turns 18 today, will be in the squad at Fratton Park, the scene of Lomanas infamous equaliser which he scored against United in 2004 while on loan with Pompey.

LuaLua junior who made his first-team debut at Stoke in the FA Cup last term wooed the loyal United supporters who back the Newcastle kids and their quest for cup glory when he unleashed a 30-yard screamer at Gallowgate before cancelling out Oldhams equaliser with some raw skill late on as he waltzed round the visiting keeper to win the tie.

The skilful United young gun told the Chronicle: I can celebrate my birthday very happily today.

It was a really good birthday present, and a really good win.

We just want to continue our progress in the competition.

The scenes last night at St Jamess Park were a far cry from 12 months ago when the black-and-whites were dumped out of the competition by Shrewsbury Town, having reached the last four in both 2007 and 2008.

LuaLua added: We should have won the game last year, and it was disappointing to go out early.

It's an important competition.

You always want to play in the Youth Cup, and it was a really good night for us.

Kinshasa-born Kazenga, though, was quick to point out that the success was a team effort with Ryan Donaldson and Nile Ranger also playing big parts, while Samuel Ameobi tried his heart out in front of his older brother Shola who was sitting in the stands.

And on a night of Newcastle connections, teenage substitute Greg McDermott stepped out on to the hallowed turf in front of dad Terry Mac.

Speaking on his goals and how they came about, LuaLua said: For the first goal it was a good pass from Ryan Donaldson, and a good goal.

At first I tried to pass to Nile, but then I just hit it, and when it went into the back of the net I was really pleased.

We needed an early goal.

We tried to score a second, but they made it 1-1. I scored with five minutes left in the game, and we were happy to go through.

"When they scored, they started to dominate us.

The game was also the last step back to full fitness according to the exciting teenager after the Academy product injured himself playing tennis during the summer before suffering a fresh ankle injury in a friendly with Newcastle Blue Star.

He continued: That's all behind me now.

I was injured for three months because I played tennis, which was silly.

I'm just happy to play football again.

I'm feeling fit. I played the full game, and I'm feeling good.

There are no problems at all.

BTW Joe Lua Lua's a midfielder. You might want to consider him for the bench on Sunday in case (shock horror!) one of our midfielders gets injured  :uglystupid2:

1 - Joe isnt reading

2 - If he was he still wouldnt catch on

3 - Lua Lua hasnt got a big enough reputation for Joe's liking to get into the first team.

Aye that's why he plays Bassong.

Why does he constantly start Duff and Butt?

1 - Joe isnt reading

3 - Lua Lua hasnt got a big enough reputation for Joe's liking to get into the first team.

Because he's a clueless cunt.

1 - Joe isnt reading

Because he's a clueless cunt.

Its clear they start due to a combination of their reputations and his thick as shit brain.

Where exactly would he fit in? Im pretty happy with the wing options we've got on the moment...

Kaz on the right, Jonas on the left.

Or in the middle with Butt or Guthrie, depending on who's fit.

Toss up between a place for him or Zog, id probably go for Zog. Cant have him in the middle, will get dominated very very easily if you ask me.

Do we not have to sell him to someone else before we realise he's good though?

Aye, at least we know the championship fodder we will be bidding for is good enough though. Or at least it is in the eyes of Mike Ashley's man Joe.

If U18 (not even reserve) performances translated to the first team, we'd be winning the league with a frontline of Ranger and Carroll by now.

Have him on the bench to cameo when we're 3-0 up or as emergency cover, fine, but in no way is he even remotely ready for first team action, and any suggestion that he should be starting is nothing short of insane really.

Where exactly would he fit in? Im pretty happy with the wing options we've got on the moment...

Kaz on the right, Jonas on the left.

Or in the middle with Butt or Guthrie, depending on who's fit.

Toss up between a place for him or Zog, id probably go for Zog. Cant have him in the middle, will get dominated very very easily if you ask me.

If he's not a better midfielder than Habib Beye then he shouldn't be at the club.

Guest Chubby Jason

Keeper should've probably had the first one, the second was class.

How on earth was Rangers' goal ruled out though?

Racism.