RickRoll XMAS

Kaizero

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=37655682127

This is one of the better "Can a Facebook group do this or that" groups on Facebook I've seen yet. I'd laugh my arse off if it even just got into the list for christmas.

...to put RICK ASTLEY at the UK Christmas No.1 spot this year!

STOP THE X-FACTOR BEING NO.1 AGAIN!

HOW?

By joining this group we all pledge to purchase 'Never Gonna Give You Up' from iTunes/7Digital between DECEMBER 15-20th...even if we probably own it already via some 80's CD (or Cassette for those of us old enough to remember!)

If enough of us do this, there's a real fighting chance we could actually pull this off!

SO WHAT NOW?...

1. Invite your entire friends list

2. Badger them to do the same

3. Take a break...all that clicking means you deserve 5 minutes to yourself

4. Are you an admin for another facebook group? CHANGE THE LOGO (temporarily of course!) to one of ours here...or make your own, Hey why not post the link to all members even?

5. Post our group link on other relavent groups. The more the merrier

6. Hit the 'SHARE+' button...go on, do it now!

7. Add yourself to the EVENTS listed too

SO WHAT HAPPENS IN THE WEEK OF DECEMBER 15th to 20th?

1. Sign up to iTunes or another digital download service if not done so already

2. search for RICK ASTLEY

3. go to his album WHENEVER YOU NEED SOMEBODY and purchase track 1 'Never Gonna Give You Up'

4. 79p well spent don't you think?

UPDATE: ONLY GET 1 DOWNLOAD PER COMPUTER!!!

5. Tune into Radio 1 on Sunday 21st December to see if it's worked...

So what do you guys reckon?

Can a bunch of mad social network users REALLY change the world* ??

(* well, the UK's chart then...let's start small and work bigger eh?)

Kontaktinformasjon

Never gonna happen. X Factor will probably sell 100s of 1000s. If anyone will beat it, it will be Peter Kay

PS: Rick Astley will make a fortune from this and he prob wont have a clue what happened :laugh:

It's still quite the feat if it even just make the top 10/20/30 or something :thup:

I remember thousands of Muse fans doing this on their various fansites with Citizen Erased a while back. Some people bought it like 5 or 6 times each. Only got into the top 20 or something though, not much further.

Still quite a feat I suppose.

Surely Rickrolling stopped being funny a long time ago though (if it ever really truly was). When something as hideous as MTV goes with it because it's popular, it's just not worth bothering with any more.

I couldn't care less who does well in the charts really, most of the artists I'm into do alright and survive without it. If people want to listen to the latest X Factor winner then that's up to them.

Dont you just need to sell something like 20,000 copies of a single to be top of the hit parade these days?

The "hit parade" indeed...  :mick: Hark at you, granddad. :laugh:

Which popular beat combo's are 'hip' nowadays?

I heard a smashing record being played on the gramophone the other evening by a young group of groovy kids called Bucks Fizz. I heard they're all the rage at the moment with the under 25s.

Dont you just need to sell something like 20,000 copies of a single to be top of the hit parade these days?

I heard a smashing record being played on the gramophone the other evening by a young group of groovy kids called Bucks Fizz. I heard they're all the rage at the moment with the under 25s.

You're too groovy for me.

Sarcasm. :hmm: I'm not one for sarcasm, really. :huff:

You're northern soul is too sensitive.

:lol: As Brenda Holloway would say: "Every little bit hurts"

:lol: As Brenda Holloway would say: "Every little bit hurts"

Was talking about it tonight, greatest social scene ever.