Students - Volume 10906784

The Prophet

How many of you are students? Do you like other students?  

158 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you are students? Do you like other students?

• I am a student and dislike other students
    • I am student and like other students
    • I am not a student and dislike students
    • I am not a student and like students

Curious more than anything.

I'm a student and I'll be honest I really have a general distain for other students. It's probably the fact that most most of them are jumped up, scarf wearing, bar filling wankers.

So I was wondering any other students out there? Is it just me who hates the typical student stereotype?

Guest lankybellwipe

I'm a student and I'll be honest I really have a general distain for other students. It's probably the fact that most most of them are jumped up, scarf wearing, bar filling wankers.

So I was wondering any other students out there? Is it just me who hates the typical student stereotype?

Paul Calf can be held responsible for this debate!

Ok first of all, everyone who isnt a student hates them, even people who have been a student before and recently.

I think this stereotypical student needs a new name as im like you, im a student who hates most other students because they are pretentious, stuck up, excentric pricks. Yet because im a student, id get tarred with the same brush as those cretins.

The decent people: wanker ratio when it comes to students is about 1:4

Not all of them are bad folk at all. A large number though are eejits.

Guest LucaAltieri

Ok first of all, everyone who isnt a student hates them, even people who have been a student before and recently.

I think this stereotypical student needs a new name as im like you, im a student who hates most other students because they are pretentious, stuck up, excentric pricks. Yet because im a student, id get tarred with the same brush as those cretins.

Ahem. I'm a pretentious, stuck up, prick... but I'm NOT a fucking student.

Add to the criteria; poor taste (clothing, music, and women), inability to converse on a higher-primate level, and a tendancy to dress up as a knight using only items that can be found in the kitchen.

None of my friends are that kind of student, but im a class with loads of them. Seriously, do i really pay over 3k a year to hear these loud mouth twats screaming at each other about how drunk they were last night, or about how confused they are?

"ma brains fried ba, a dont know what da do"

Fucking ask the tutor then you loud prick im trying to concentrate here.

So annoying, i try and avoid Uni as much as possible and do my work from home, i cant stand the computer labs. Last time i was in there i was programming on VB, which needs alot of concentration. There were 2 girls beside me who wouldnt fuck up about some bloke they fancied, then about 10 of their mates (all blokes, so i wasnt that lucky) came in and sat all round their desk, there was so many of them i was actually about a third of the way inside their circle, of course only 1 of the group of 12 was actually using a computer, Bebo as a matter of fact, i mean what is the fucking point? Not only that, but some cretin infront of me had power ballads up full blast coming out of their computer, i mean who does that? Stick some fucking headphones in you selfish prick.

THOSE are the kind of students i hate the most.

Rant over :razz:

There are definitely a few stuck up pricks I've met in my writing workshops, but in general I find the atmosphere at my University very welcoming and also very open to ideas.  I've met way more nice people in ratio to assholes and I love the general atmosphere on my campus.

There are definitely a few stuck up pricks I've met in my writing workshops, but in general I find the atmosphere at my University very welcoming and also very open to ideas.  I've met way more nice people in ratio to assholes and I love the general atmosphere on my campus.

So do I. I love walking around the place, getting involved etc. Its just when it comes to going to the labs and actually having to work that bugs me, as Uni has far too many people who are just there for the Uni experience, rather than for their careers.

Things that piss me off about students:

NO you don't have to out in facy dress every fucking night, leave your costume at home and get down the local you fucking twat.

NO you don't need fucking face book to have a social life, go out and see the world man.

NO I'm not a miserable bastard for not being out every night of the fucking week, we're not all bank rolled by our parents you stuck up twat.

The library is for work you cunts, I don't want to hear your fucking life story, fuck off and tell somebody who gives a shit.

Rant over? Proabably not, to be continued...

Guest firetotheworks

Im with you on this. I wax lyrical about Nathan Barley quite a lot on here, but amongst students I feel like the Dan Ashcroft character in that programme.

Guest Heneage

There's a girl on ours who has just left to do another course who was from Spennymoor but wished it was somewhere nicer. She would throw herself at any man/celebrity with money in the town, drink wine from the bottle get pissed most nights and only wear clothing with labels. She rarely turned up and when she did, was very fake and pretentious "Alright Kris babe can I borrow your notes" despite totally blanking me back home when I saw her out.

There's another two girls who rarely do the work for seminars and just laugh when they get caught out. I did group work with one of them today, and bar suggesting one point that was really  obvious, she said nothing just left me and the other girl to do it all. Neither do work outside like we are supposed to and one of them is in the group project. One always seems drunk as well, like obviously shes not but her speech is slurred and her eyes have that slow blink its really weird.

But it's sad when I think how many either don't care or just make no effort what so ever. Because it sets a bad stereotype for the rest of us. I mean even one of the guys who I would consider a good mate really is terribly lazy. Openly admits in front of lecturers he aims to just pass, rarely does work. And he showed it again today he had an interview with Uni radio that one of our mates set up for him, making it as late as possible so he could fit his football in. At 12 o clock an hour before his meeting he texts him saying he's not coming he made a commitment and he thought he would be getting the job seeing as their mates. The bad thing was he could have easily gotten to football and at worst would be 5 minutes late, and when you consider its a kickabout league its not The Uni team it just adds to frustration.

One of the lads just told me that today in the labs, a group of fellas were throwing fucking rugby balls around the room, he said full pelt aswell. I mean seriously what the fuck is wrong with these people? I honestly have no idea what to make of that, if i had of been there id have been tempted to go on a rampage

Couldn't stand them when I was one, can't stand them now. The worst thing is the way the majority of Newcastle's pubs and bars pander to them (as well as the stags and hens) leaving the rest of us fucked if we want a proper drink. I can get a quadruple paint thinner and coke for 80p so Daisy and Tarquin can get "oh my God I was so battered" but if I want a pint it's £4. Fuck off.

A lass at work was telling me today, and this might be common knowledge but it was news to me, that the area known to normal people as Collingwood St is now dubbed as "The Diamond Strip" on account of the wanky pretentious rah bars it houses. Who do these pricks think they are?

I have a friend who does the exact same Nixon. He is so lazy he actually didnt do an exam last week which was worth 30% of a level 2 module. He and 2 others were in my group for an assignement this semester. Basically we had to make a database, website and vb program. The VB program takes ages so i did it, i needed the database made and full of data, one of the lads made it. My friend had the job of filling it in, told me he filled it in, went to use it, not fucking filled in, I had to do it. Then the other guy left us in the shit aswell, he was meant to do a website and didnt, so again, me and the other lad who actually did work had to bail him out. Some people have some cheek honestly, its a joke, really is.

Couldn't stand them when I was one, can't stand them now. The worst thing is the way the majority of Newcastle's pubs and bars pander to them (as well as the stags and hens) leaving the rest of us fucked if we want a proper drink. I can get a quadruple paint thinner and coke for 80p so Daisy and Tarquin can get "oh my God I was so battered" but if I want a pint it's £4. Fuck off.

A lass at work was telling me today, and this might be common knowledge but it was news to me, that the area known to normal people as Collingwood St is now dubbed as "The Diamond Strip" on account of the wanky pretentious rah bars it houses. Who do these pricks think they are?

See, i know Belfast is like this. So did the first 2 years of my course in Newry, and my 3rd year is in Belfast but i decided to stay in Newry. Small town, full of proper locals, proper Irish pubs too, none of these wannabe Irish bars that cater for foreign students. Its the best way, avoid annoying students at all costs. Although ill be living in Belfast next year for my final year :(

Paul Calf can be held responsible for this debate!

"Dissertation!!"

NO you don't have to out in facy dress every fucking night, leave your costume at home and get down the local you fucking twat.

NO you don't need fucking face book to have a social life, go out and see the world man.

NO I'm not a miserable bastard for not being out every night of the fucking week, we're not all bank rolled by our parents you stuck up twat.

The library is for work you cunts, I don't want to hear your fucking life story, fuck off and tell somebody who gives a shit.

There's just no fucking way that's just students, bar perhaps the fancy dress.

NO you don't have to out in facy dress every f***ing night, leave your costume at home and get down the local you f***ing t***.

NO you don't need f***ing face book to have a social life, go out and see the world man.

NO I'm not a miserable b****** for not being out every night of the f***ing week, we're not all bank rolled by our parents you stuck up t***.

The library is for work you c***s, I don't want to hear your f***ing life story, f*** off and tell somebody who gives a s***.

There's just no f***ing way that's just students, bar perhaps the fancy dress.

No it's not, but collectively they form part of the typical student lifestyle.

NO you don't have to out in facy dress every f***ing night, leave your costume at home and get down the local you f***ing t***.

NO you don't need f***ing face book to have a social life, go out and see the world man.

NO I'm not a miserable b****** for not being out every night of the f***ing week, we're not all bank rolled by our parents you stuck up t***.

The library is for work you c***s, I don't want to hear your f***ing life story, f*** off and tell somebody who gives a s***.

There's just no f***ing way that's just students, bar perhaps the fancy dress.

No it's not, but collectively they form part of the typical student lifestyle.

Just think it sounds like a lifestyle of a slightly upperclass, charva 20-something.