American Police Shoot Man 81 Times

The College Dropout

Blatantly not The EU Way.

But yes, that was appallingly handled. I don't know what they thought they were playing at. What was the sound played at the time of the shooting? It may have given the impression of being shots, but it started a relatively long time before the shots started landing. Meanwhile, the (poor) dog was yards away before they started shooting, sound or otherwise.

Standing back for 2 minutes was totally unnecessary. Fair enough to wait for a few of moments so they could watch and be confident he wasn't going out with a bang, but the time taken was ridiculous.

Guest Invicta_Toon

video sound was blatantly doctored

it starts 2 seconds early, and there are only around 20 impacts on the wall

video sound was blatantly doctored

it starts 2 seconds early, and there are only around 20 impacts on the wall

That'd be my guess. That, or the Officers were armed with Gatling guns and spent most of their time firing away from the scene.

Guest Ridzuan

That was like a Hollywood movie scene.Well,that guy talks too much and he probably deserve to be shot at but not 81 times.The sad part of the entire video was when the dog got hurt.It didnt do anything wrong to deserve that.I hope its doing fine right now if it hasnt died.

He was shot 22 times.

so they missed nearly 70% of the shots at a stationary man?

So even though these Americans have guns coming out their ears, not even the police can shoot straight?

Its amazingly easy to miss someone - the old (British) Hong Kong police were armed and they reckoned with a handgun you had to be closer than 8ft to have 50% chance of hitting someone  with a single shot fired in an "action" situation

Watching that, it does seem that they almost wanted to shoot him.  The confrontational style of the sheriffs was never the right tact.  If that's par for the course in that neighbourhood (as Dave's article suggests), he was a fool for pretending to have a gun.

One thing that surprises me is that they just leave him to die afterwards.  There's no attempt at getting medical help or even an attempt to check his pulse (even though I know that he moves at one stage).  It's almost like "we killed him, job done".

I wonder why they filmed this in the first place?

That was like a Hollywood movie scene.Well,that guy talks too much and he probably deserve to be shot at but not 81 times.The sad part of the entire video was when the dog got hurt.It didnt do anything wrong to deserve that.I hope its doing fine right now if it hasnt died.

I don't think he deserved to be shot, especially not because he talked too much.  Apparently, they had only been called out for a domestic disturbance.  The 'sad part' of the video for me was that two very avoidable killings took place (yes, the dog died).