Hope no one works at the Silverlink Currys

Dokko

What an absolute joke these people truly are.

Was 1st off told that my free BR player was in stock by not only the reserve on the net, but by the woman in the shop when i bought my set, to find the computer had made a mistake...

to then being told to come back the follow weekend later and it will be in stock...(which i did (trip 2))

to then be promised it was on for the 5th of Dec (which i did (trip 3)) , 1st come 1st served to get there and be told they've 1000 units coming in and 1300 customers and done by date of purchase...

to finally today getting my BR player (which i did (trip 4)) only to find both the free BR dvds (oceans 13 and I Am Legend) not to be included...

to then spend 15mins on hold to get through to after sales who finally agree to put me through to local branch to only be told they don't know what was going on, took my details down and said the branch TV department manager would ring my back straight away after he'd dealt with an in store customer...

to waiting several hours to ring back up customer support to be told they NEVER put customers through to branch.

Now is this enough being made a mug of to warrant actual bodily harm (only slightly joking) when i arrive at the North Shields branch on Saturday (which i WILL (trip 5)), demanding my BRDVD's an extension on warranty since i've lost a month off the BR player and have no proof of a months delay, and to be compensated with an HDMI lead for the £30+  i've lost in petrol since i have to go in branch since the smarmy muppets on the phone won't put me through and i've been lied to, down right lied to on umpteen occasions?

You'd think in this economic climate they'd be grateful for the custom.

Should've gone to Tesco Direct online mate. 

Oh and trash the shop. They deserve it.

Massively helpful statement :lol:

Don't let them get away with it TT, fucking muppets. Been messed around a bit by various customer services recently, but at the end of the day most of the staff are barely qualified/out of school and wouldn't be employed in any other profession. You can't expect too much.

I would have if it wasn't such a cracking deal.

I'm close to snapping with them. Sent a complaint email off demanding extend warranty and to be compensated with a free HDMI cable.

Massively helpful statement :lol:

Don't let them get away with it TT, fucking muppets. Been messed around a bit by various customer services recently, but at the end of the day most of the staff are barely qualified/out of school and wouldn't be employed in any other profession. You can't expect too much.

You know i've bought all my electricals from e-tailers for the last 10 years and never had a problem that they never bent over backwards to solve. Just shows why these big places are going under, fukers.

Some spotty nosed cunt is unfortunately going to get it on Saturday when the manager hides in his office shuffling papers.

I never shop at Currys (or Dixons which is owned by the same company) and never will. They are an awful company staffed by people who don't know what they are selling.

I get my big Electricals from Fenwick's or John Lewis. They give you free five year warranties on TVs and at least two years on other electricals (Currys used to and may still make you pay for extended warranties). Fenwick's and John Lewis also price match.

There's a small electrical retailer by me who price matches Currys and Comet, overs a free 5 year warranty, free delivery and installation if required and free call outs for non-repair work (for example if you get Sky installed and bugger up your surround sound).

When I bought my house everything electrical was bought from there.

What an absolute joke these people truly are.

Was 1st off told that my free BR player was in stock by not only the reserve on the net, but by the woman in the shop when i bought my set, to find the computer had made a mistake...

to then being told to come back the follow weekend later and it will be in stock...(which i did (trip 2))

to then be promised it was on for the 5th of Dec (which i did (trip 3)) , 1st come 1st served to get there and be told they've 1000 units coming in and 1300 customers and done by date of purchase...

to finally today getting my BR player (which i did (trip 4)) only to find both the free BR dvds (oceans 13 and I Am Legend) not to be included...

to then spend 15mins on hold to get through to after sales who finally agree to put me through to local branch to only be told they don't know what was going on, took my details down and said the branch TV department manager would ring my back straight away after he'd dealt with an in store customer...

to waiting several hours to ring back up customer support to be told they NEVER put customers through to branch.

Now is this enough being made a mug of to warrant actual bodily harm (only slightly joking) when i arrive at the North Shields branch on Saturday (which i WILL (trip 5)), demanding my BRDVD's an extension on warranty since i've lost a month off the BR player and have no proof of a months delay, and to be compensated with an HDMI lead for the £30+  i've lost in petrol since i have to go in branch since the smarmy muppets on the phone won't put me through and i've been lied to, down right lied to on umpteen occasions?

You'd think in this economic climate they'd be grateful for the custom.

i sympathise with your plight, though i have no idea what half the stuff your buying is.

i wonder if any of these companies ever get anything right.

they appear to treat the customers as a huge inconvenience,... not thier fucking life support.

in my business  i make customer service my number1 priority, getting the job done right,  the rest follows.