Jean Charles de Menezes open verdict

cp40

I am no expert, i havent read all the facts of this case, but thier appears to have been some covering up of the facts by the police, and some back tracking on stories.

The controversy around police under investigation, being allowed to collaborate over stories,

The Judge deciding the Jury , could not Rule Unlawfull killing, has been descibed as a whitewash, and in my opinion, makes a mokery of the coroners court.

The Family of Jean charles de Menezes deserve the truth to be outed, if that means the police acted unlawfully, then they will have to face up to it.

I don't think the Police, acting in an unprecedented time of security and terror-alert, should be hung, drawn and quartered in public for (the most part) acting in the best interests of the British public.

Why Menzes ran away from the police in the first place casts some doubt over the whole affair. From what I gather the shooter got a little jumpy and was under the (misguided) belief that Menzes was involved in the terrorist attacks. Running into a tube station was an unfortunate choice of 'escape' for the poor Brazilian.

In the long-run, the mistakes should be rectified by the Met Police and other lives will be spared. Similarly, as the Police are put under more pressure to be absolutely water-tight with their prosecution cases, more lives will be lost as killers and terrorists are allowed to go about their business while the police look on helplessly.

It's a delicate line.

I don't think the Police, acting in an unprecedented time of security and terror-alert, should be hung, drawn and quartered in public for (the most part) acting in the best interests of the British public.

Why Menzes ran away from the police in the first place casts some doubt over the whole affair. From what I gather the shooter got a little jumpy and was under the (misguided) belief that Menzes was involved in the terrorist attacks. Running into a tube station was an unfortunate choice of 'escape' for the poor Brazilian.

In the long-run, the mistakes should be rectified by the Met Police and other lives will be spared. Similarly, as the Police are put under more pressure to be absolutely water-tight with their prosecution cases, more lives will be lost as killers and terrorists are allowed to go about their business while the police look on helplessly.

It's a delicate line.

Is that actually true?

I am no expert, i havent read all the facts of this case, but thier appears to have been some covering up of the facts by the police, and some back tracking on stories.

The controversy around police under investigation, being allowed to collaborate over stories,

The Judge deciding the Jury , could not Rule Unlawfull killing, has been descibed as a whitewash, and in my opinion, makes a mokery of the coroners court.

The Family of Jean charles de Menezes deserve the truth to be outed, if that means the police acted unlawfully, then they will have to face up to it.

Whitewash alright.

It's a delicate line.

Why when they were following him from the flat did they let him get into the tube station?

It's a delicate line.

Is that actually true?

Aye, basic premise is that the police were watching the right tower block but wrong door (or at least some of them were), they followed a suspicious character (at the time of the shooting, any non-white, backpack-carrying, slum-dwelling person fell under this category) who ran into Stockwell tube station after being challenged (at some point) by a policeman carrying a gun.

Covering police shooter took decisive action. Sadly, this was based upon misinformation.

Whitewash alright.

i actually think there has been political interference, thats what got my interest, its a conspiracy theory, that will run deep, especially considering the attempts by the coroner to manipulate the Jury.

It's a delicate line.

Is that actually true?

Aye, basic premise is that the police were watching the right tower block but wrong door (or at least some of them were), they followed a suspicious character (at the time of the shooting, any non-white, backpack-carrying, slum-dwelling person fell under this category) who ran into Stockwell tube station after being challenged (at some point) by a policeman carrying a gun.

Covering police shooter took decisive action. Sadly, this was based upon misinformation.

I have tried to follow the case, as best as i can , given the reporting restrictions of an on going court,

The jury, appear to be unconvinced that the police identified themselves , to him, and therefore could not reach the lawful Killing verdict that the Judge told them was the only one available to them,... or an open verdict,..

The Jury werent gonna be Told what  verdict, so they returned open,.. its well dodgy.

It's a delicate line.

Is that actually true?

I haven't really been following the inquest, but the last I heard was that he hadn't ran (or jumped the barrier) and had not been challenged by the police, at least according to everyone but the police. Is it definitely true that he ran and was challenged or is that just what the police say? Has anyone else backed it up?

Like I say, I've not been following the inquest, so these are genuine questions, not me expressing my opinion in question form.

It's a delicate line.

Is that actually true?

That was the Met's original story most of which turned out to be complete bollocks.

There's CCTV footage that shows him walking into the station calmly, he wasn't challenged by anyone.

It's a delicate line.

Is that actually true?

I haven't really been following the inquest, but the last I heard was that he hadn't ran (or jumped the barrier) and had not been challenged by the police, at least according to everyone but the police. Is it definitely true that he ran and was challenged or is that just what the police say? Has anyone else backed it up?

Like I say, I've not been following the inquest, so these are genuine questions, not me expressing my opinion in question form.

None of the witnessess heard the police identify themselves, one woman, in the carriage who saw it all, thought the police were terrorrists.

Oh for fucks sake, give it a rest.  Why do you care so much?

what a knob you are.

it is the Big News story of the Day, is it not,  are we not gonna post about big news stories if they are a bit controversial.

It's a delicate line.

Is that actually true?

None of the witnessess heard the police identify themselves, one woman, in the carriage who saw it all, thought the police were terrorrists.

Yeah, that was basically my understanding of it based on the information I'd heard, I just wondered if something had changed since then, as it was a while ago.

It's a delicate line.

Is that actually true?

Yeah, that was basically my understanding of it based on the information I'd heard, I just wondered if something had changed since then, as it was a while ago.

yeah the coroner, realised the jury were heading for an unlawful killing verdict, so he decided to Remove this option from thier deliberations.  Why bother having a jury?

It's a delicate line.

Is that actually true?

yeah the coroner, realised the jury were heading for an unlawful killing verdict, so he decided to Remove this option from thier deliberations.  Why bother having a jury?

And he gave no reason why he did that?

It's a delicate line.

Is that actually true?

And he gave no reason why he did that?

no, he also, refused their request to explain their open verdict.

it has been reported that the police legal teams put pressure on him.

It's a delicate line.

he never ran away from the police.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

He's not the first ethnic to be accidentally shot 7 (yes, 7) times in the head by the authorities, and he won't be the last unfortunately.

If the Brazillian police werent such murderous corrput evil cunts, he'd be alive today.

I assume what you mean by that is that our police generally do a good job and a much better one than the vast majority of other countries, well if that is what you're saying - far be it for me to put words in your mouth if you're not - then I agree with you 100%. However, on the odd occasion when they don't do a good job then that needs to be investigated, when that investigation discovers that mistakes were made or rules broken then they need to accept that and be held accountable, and under absolutely no circumstances must we allow any corruption to take place. It's one thing to make a mistake (mistakes happen, should be learned from rather than punished), it's another to "bend" the rules for a genuine reason (wrong, but somewhat understandable, should be punished, but the circumstances need to be taken into account, etc), but it's entirely different to try and cover it up and to interfere with any investigation (absolutely wrong, must not be allowed under any circumstances and punished severely if discovered).

If there's no policing of the police, then all their good work is rendered worthless, I'm sure even the Brazilian police do some things right.