Spotify

Guest ruel fox

Guest LucaAltieri

Yeah, having a play.

The range of bands is good but not a huge amount of tracks for some of them.

Generally pretty good, though.

My brother told me about this last week and I had a thread pretty much ready to go on it as I'd bet loads on here would use it.

Dunno why I never got round to posting it. It's been getting rave reviews all over other forums and stuff, apparently.

Not sure I like the bit about having to agree to allow them to send you advertising and not only that but allow them to use your disk-space, processor and bandwidth to send it to other people. Could be fair enough, could be totally unacceptable depending upon to numbers involved, which aren't specified. Has anyone got this going who could put it into perspective? Also not sure why they need my postcode, date of birth, sex and so-on. Don't think I'll sign up for this just yet.

Guest LucaAltieri

Not sure I like the bit about having to agree to allow them to send you advertising and not only that but allow them to use your disk-space, processor and bandwidth to send it to other people. Could be fair enough, could be totally unacceptable depending upon to numbers involved, which aren't specified. Has anyone got this going who could put it into perspective? Also not sure why they need my postcode, date of birth, sex and so-on. Don't think I'll sign up for this just yet.

To know what ads to play you, probably.

To know what ads to play you, probably.

Yeah, it's probably as boring and mundane as that, but I'm in a cautious mood today.

Guest LucaAltieri

It seems they have some weird issues with music rights.

Obscure bands like the Modena City Ramblers have 102 tracks available whereas a search for AC/DC returns only instrumentals and covers.

It seems they have some weird issues with music rights.

Obscure bands like the Modena City Ramblers have 102 tracks available whereas a search for AC/DC returns only instrumentals and covers.

You can't buy AC/DC on iTunes either.. bit bizarre, like.

Anyone got some playlists they want to share then? All you do it is right click the playlist and then select copy 'copy HTTP link' and paste it in here. Then we should be able to click on it and it will open in our player. I'll do one in a min. O0

Wouldn't trust this application, iyam. Mainly because a schoolfriend of mine who's Head of Artist Recruitment at one of the big record labels was touting it on his Facebook last week. I smell a rat here, folks. :undecided:

Guest LucaAltieri

Pfft. If there's any malware what's the worst that can happen? I end up formatting the computer. In the mean time; free music! It's worth chancing it.