PC Speakers

Guest Geordiesned

Guest Geordiesned

Can anyone recommend some decent inexpensive PC speakers? My current speakers have had it but I don't particularly want to pay too much for a new set.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Geordiesned

Just bought a pair but I'm still having problems so apparently it wasn't my speakers that were fucked! I'm getting loads of static-like noise when I play music or watch any videos. Anyone got any ideas how I can solve it?

When my sounds was f***ed last time I ended up needing a new motherboard.

You could have just bought a sound card surely?

I don't know what the correct terminology here is but it was the port where the jack from the speakers goes in that was fucked and with it being a laptop it was connected to the motherboard.

Still under warranty thankfully, only the third new motherboard I've had from Dell!  :lol:

Their customer service has been brilliant but I don't think I'll be buying a Dell again in a hurry.

When my sounds was f***ed last time I ended up needing a new motherboard.

You could have just bought a sound card surely?

I don't know what the correct terminology here is but it was the port where the jack from the speakers goes in that was fucked and with it being a laptop it was connected to the motherboard.

Still under warranty thankfully, only the third new motherboard I've had from Dell!  :lol:

Their customer service has been brilliant but I don't think I'll be buying a Dell again in a hurry.

Ah, didn't realise it was a laptop, and since under warranty fair do's, but if it was mine i'd just get a Creative Labs X-FI card which is a much better experience anyway. Bout £50 if it happens again (out of warranty of course)

I've got the Logitech G51, quality 5.1 system, costs about £80.

http://www.kustompcs.co.uk/acatalog/4138.jpg

Logitech are a great make, can't remember the last time they made a £4£ shite product. IF you pay £80 then they'll be well worth £120 (in comparison to other brands), that's the Logitech way.

But for me, couldn't be doing with 5.1 for a PC, far too many speakers for my liking. 2.1 would be the max i'd go, but prefer a good pair of 2s all day long.