Various bad news from this mornings papers (if true)

Ketsbaia

Starting off with Stevie Harper possibly seeing out his contract and joining the smoggies in the summer

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1094572/Troubled-Kinnear-looking-set-face-loss-Harper-Owen.html

News of the World reckons Joey Barton's had another setback and he'll be out til March  :doh:

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/99372/JOEY-BARTON-OUT-TILL-MARCH.html

Magpies manager Joe Kinnear will attempt to sign a box-to-box midfielder next month with Fulham ace Jimmy Bullard one of his main targets.

And finally - you guessed it - JFK says something idiotic

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/kinnear-sales-talk-adds-to-fog-on-tyne-1065966.html

Despite the thinness of Newcastle's squad, Kinnear also said he would accept outgoings – under certain conditions. "If we can get like-for-like then I'll lose one. We've gone down that road already but I got a knock-back. If we'd got John Arne Riise in – he's changed his mind – then I could have done something with [Jose] Enrique. Riise's got back in the team at Roma and his agent has told us that he's happy to stay until the end of the season. I want them now really."

What Enrique thinks of this remains to be heard. Sam Allardyce paid £6.3m for him and a five-year deal was signed 17 months ago. Enrique came from Villarreal, he was nicknamed The Bull.

Stressing that he has the first and final word on recruitment and sales, Kinnear began: "Mike [Ashley] does not have a say." Challenged on this he replied: "He'll have a say, 'yes' or 'no', but he's guided by me. That's why I'm in charge. But he's not going to sell someone and then give me someone else who'll weaken the team. That'd be ridiculous."

When it was pointed out that this is what happened to Kevin Keegan in August regarding James Milner, Kinnear baulked: "But that was what, £12m?" The implication was that everyone has a price, though that would be a contradiction of his assertion that Owen is staying in January. It is a fog of confusion.

and now its time to lose and probably stay in the relegation zone over xmas....but chin up guys, Kinnear knows what he's doing  mackems.gif

His thoughts are focused on defenders and combative midfielders. West Ham's Matthew Upson and Blackburn's Stephen Warnock are on Kinnear's wish-list. "I'm still looking at centre-halves," Kinnear said. "And midfielders – big and aggressive, box- to-box, Vieira, Roy Keane-esque. There aren't many but there's a few. I wrote down four and any one of those four would do the trick. Two abroad, two here, already made one offer, he's well aware of that, he's in England."

The man's a clown with that Enrique comment, but if he gets us one of these who can stay fit and do the business I'll kiss his feet.

Jimmy Bullard speculated to be one of the 4 central midfielders we're after (two abroad, two at home).

Despite the shite we're in, potential new signings at left-back and in the middle of the park STILL get me excited... I suppose that's until all Kinnear's targets tell him to get fucked and then we end up with no natural left-back at the club and less central midfielders than we started with...

Bullard doesn't really fit the "big and aggressive" mould that JFK outlines... although even Roy Keane, who he mentions, doesn't tick both boxes :laugh:

He's not the brightest bulb in the chandelier is he? Really, he's not.

Saying that, fair play to him for identifying that we need a "big and aggressive box-to-box midfielder", I couldn't agree more!

Can't see Bullard wanting to come to us. I know we're a bigger club than Fulham are but they're a stable side and he's one of their pivotal figures. He also looks like someone with a bit of integrity about him, and I imagine he's not as bothered about the money as some are.

Can't see Bullard wanting to come to us. I know we're a bigger club than Fulham are but they're a stable side and he's one of their pivotal figures. He also looks like someone with a bit of integrity about him, and I imagine he's not as bothered about the money as some are.

Fulham look good at the minute too. They don't concede goals, for starters.

Fuck off out of my club.

Dave's not that bad man.

I dunno. That tash... i mean... i dunno. If i sat next to him at SJP, i'd ask the guy next to me if he wanted to switch seats. Not good for the club, that.

Keep it shut Kinnear, is it really that f***ing hard?! The Enrique comment is an absolute disgrace and not only is it a kick in the balls to José but I bet it will piss other members in the squad off and also make potential signings think twice about coming to play for a manager who spouts s*** like this to the media.

*BANG*       thats the sound of the club shooting itself in the foot again

that muppet has totally lost his mind with some of the stuff he comes out with....he's so cringeworthy and the worst thing is that he's doing it to OUR team

Fuck off out of my club.

Dave's not that bad man.

I dunno. That tash... i mean... i dunno. If i sat next to him at SJP, i'd ask the guy next to me if he wanted to switch seats. Not good for the club, that.

'Tis gone!

Guest Heneage

DID YOU MISS THE f***ing LINKS TO ALL THE PAPERS IN THE OPENING POST!?!

Yeah but Nixon was at all t'the press conferences...

;)

Sadly not this week, was busy Friday.  :snod:

But I mean did he literally say that seems weird to quote it in Sundays rags surely it would have been in all todays.

Agree - 6 months ago, maybe, but can't see it now ; we are perhaps a better bet to go down than Fulham because of all the turmoil.

Reading the initial comments, if these are true, esp about Harper & Owen, I see little hope of survival ; Kinnear's comments about Enrique are unbelieveable from a so-called 'experienced' manager - having Kinnear as manager is sometimes like having a pet monkey in charge of an AK 47..on automatic....