Some of the shite on local radio

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Wasn't sure when the buildup on Radio Newcastle started, so just put it on now while I do a bit of uni work, but it hasn't started yet.

At the minute they've doing whats called 'The Gardening Hour' and have got callers phoning up with gardening questions to ask a 'gardening expert' that they have in the studio.  How the fuck does this make for exciting radio?  I may be being ignorant with all this, but from what I'm hearing, none of the callers sound like they're under the age of 50.  It's got to have a small, dedicated audience!

This, coupled with the absolute nutters that phone Alan Robson on Metro, had me wondering, do any of our posters from elsewhere in the UK, and even abroad, have such complete drivel on their local radio stations?

Guest lankybellwipe

Wasn't sure when the buildup on Radio Newcastle started, so just put it on now while I do a bit of uni work, but it hasn't started yet.

At the minute they've doing whats called 'The Gardening Hour' and have got callers phoning up with gardening questions to ask a 'gardening expert' that they have in the studio.  How the fuck does this make for exciting radio?  I may be being ignorant with all this, but from what I'm hearing, none of the callers sound like they're under the age of 50.  It's got to have a small, dedicated audience!

This, coupled with the absolute nutters that phone Alan Robson on Metro, had me wondering, do any of our posters from elsewhere in the UK, and even abroad, have such complete drivel on their local radio stations?

Good afternoon WBCP!

Most people under 50, on a Sunday morning, are either at work, sleeping in due to hammerite, or tending to children. I would say the majority of listeners at this time, are from pensionville, and therefore love their gardening panel show  O0

I can almost guarantee that the radio station here: 'Isles FM' is the shittest radio station known to man. None of them know how to work the equipment so it's constantly just going off and on, half of the cds they have skip and the people that host the programs are intellectually stunted to say the least. The guy usually on in the morning can't read the news properly, he usually gives up mid sentence, apologises then starts again. the adverts that they record are all distorted and come on at a crazy loud volume in comparison to the studio volume...I could go on and on..

Guest lankybellwipe

I can almost guarantee that the radio station here: 'Isles FM' is the shittest radio station known to man. None of them know how to work the equipment so it's constantly just going off and on, half of the cds they have skip and the people that host the programs are intellectually stunted to say the least. The guy usually on in the morning can't read the news properly, he usually gives up mid sentence, apologises then starts again. the adverts that they record are all distorted and come on at a crazy loud volume in comparison to the studio volume...I could go on and on..

I shall have to move to Isleworth! That sounds hilarious!

If you think Alan Robson is bad you should try Pete Price who (used to at least) present a similar show on Radio City ni Liverpool.

Now Mr Price is openly gay but does not come across as a mincer type, but every other caller gets cut off after about 2 minutes for shouting out 'Pete, you're gay!'.

Welsh local radio is the worst by far, my local county has two stations from the same parent, I swear that they have two presenters between them