Has Zog done enough to get a run in the team?

TRon

Great first half against Stoke, good second half today against Pompey. There's room for improvement but I'd like to see him get a run in the team before we finally give up on him. Duff's been given a fair crack of the whip, it would be nice to think after a 3-0 win away Zog's going to keep the shirt for a few games. Even when he's not in the game much he offers real threat and can hurt teams rather than fanny about without going anywhere like Duff.

Great first half against Stoke, good second half today against Pompey. There's room for improvement but I'd like to see him get a run in the team before we finally give up on him. Duff's been given a fair crack of the whip, it would be nice to think after a 3-0 win away Zog's going to keep the shirt for a few games. Even when he's not in the game much he offers real threat and can hurt teams rather than fanny about without going anywhere like Duff.

He doesn't have to do anything to get in the team, he's up against Duff who provides absolutely nothing.

He doesn't have to do anything to get in the team, he's up against Duff who provides absolutely nothing.

get a right midfielder and get jonas back over there

Thread over. :lol:

He's had his moments over the past few games, he just needs to find some consistency.

Agreed. And he'll only get that consistency with a regular run of games. :)

He was quiet in the first half but Enrique doesn't really offer a lot of support going forward. If Zog gets a run of games and he's enjoying it, who's to say we won't see him hitting the form he showed when Roeder first took over?

Would prefer Jonas on the left and Geremi on the right.

He's a complete liability on the ball at times to be honest letting teams hit us on the counter. He's a good player to have on the pitch late on in games when chasing a result, but thats about it.

Would prefer Jonas on the left and Geremi on the right.

He's a complete liability on the ball at times to be honest letting teams hit us on the counter. He's a good player to have on the pitch late on in games when chasing a result, but thats about it.

I don't think Zog was a liability today, if anything he played it safe. If he's a liability on the ball, I'd say Geremi is a liability off it with his old legs and lack of ability to get up and down the pitch. we kept Portsmouth honest today with our threat on the break and Zog was part of that.

Zog must stay in the side, he's given our flanks a good balance, last seen with Robert and Solano, nowhere near the complete player but he's just so dangerous on the counter, reminds me off Lennon (who i rate highly) just a better delivery. If he wasnt so one footed id have im on the right and jonas on the left, those 2 cutting in on there stronger foot would allow our fullbacks more space on the wing.

Zog must stay in the side, he's given our flanks a good balance, last seen with Robert and Solano, nowhere near the complete player but he's just so dangerous on the counter, reminds me off Lennon (who i rate highly) just a better delivery. If he wasnt so one footed id have im on the right and jonas on the left, those 2 cutting in on there stronger foot would allow our fullbacks more space on the wing.

Didn't he score a cracker last season (think it was the smogs away) with his right?

I'd also like to see them swap wings to see how it works.

Didn't he score a cracker last season (think it was the smogs away) with his right?

Haha, yeh he did to be fair, but unlike Jonas he doesnt have a tendency to mover the ball onto his weaker foot.

Haha, yeh he did to be fair, but unlike Jonas he doesnt have a tendency to mover the ball onto his weaker foot.

Aye, definitely not as much as Jonas does. I do think it could work though and I'd really like to see it given a go.

There's also an advantage to playing Zog: He's become more aware of his defensive duties because he's been played at LB a few times in his career. He's not as reckless and unaware as he used to be and this means that he's becoming almost as good as Duff defensively. He's tracking back more and his link up play with Enrique is getting better as well.

There are many good signs and I hope he keeps it up.