Jesus weptified.

Optimistic Nut

I found it rather amusing when Richard Keys asked Souness if Arsenals indifferent home form was due to them moving to a new stadium....in which he replied 'Arsenal can have no excuses about a new stadium or anything else for that matter, the 11 on the pitch should be winning'

Errr You were the excuse king you hypocrite!!  bluelaugh.gif

How that man can get paid for giving his 'gems' of tactical nouse astounds me. How many clubs has he wrecked now? Honestly, Sky want to have a word with themselves.

I'm totally biased. REALLY can't stand the sound of his voice, to the point that I mute the punditry on CL nights. Even if he is a good pundit, I'd could never admit it! Can't imagine giving that man credit for anything.

it was great last night, Souness trying to work out the Dutch 433 system. He was absolutely horrified, Where was the target man? where was the 2 wide men, covering their respective fullbacks? I just dont know what the world is coming to.

How that man can get paid for giving his 'gems' of tactical nouse astounds me.

It's not as bad as ITV repeatedly hiring David Pleat to do commentary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Pleat

Considered by many to be the worst commentator on English television. David's quirky commentary nonetheless guarantees an enjoyable televised match. He not only frequently, but predominantly pronounces foreign players names wrongly, especially those unfortunate enough to end in an "a". Such examples include:

"Lizazaru" (Bixente Lizarazu) "Kakarrr" (Kaka) "Dirk Kurt" (Dirk Kuyt) "Drogbarrr" (Drogba) "Adrianianho" (Adriano) "Mack-cher-arno" (Mascherano) "Riqwelme" & "Rick Elm" (Riquelme) "In-ga-zee" (Inzaghi) "Ronald-deano" (Ronaldinho) "Pearlo" (Andrea Pirlo) "Poil" (Carles Puyol) "Inn-esta" (Iniesta) "Do-Roy" (Johan Djourou) "Rays" (Reyes) "Roque Junior" (Roque Santa Cruz - entirely different nationality and player) "Vieira" (Vieri) "Sevilia" (Sevilla - the club) "Yung-berg" (Ljungberg) "Marcus Da Beasley" (DaMarcus Beasley) "Ayorla" (Ayala) "Gilar-dinho", "Gilardini" and "Gilardine" - all in the space of 90 minutes (Alberto Gilardino) "Marqwez" (Rafael Marquez) "Heintzer" (Gabriel Heinze) "Shev-shenko" (Shevchenko) "Louie Garcia" (Luis Garcia) "Jockin", "Joe-Quinn" "Way-kin" (Joaquin)

Besides his legendary mispronunciation of global stars, Pleat also has an obsession with commenting on wide players/wingers (the position he played in). If a team is struggling to create goal scoring chances, David invarriably "just feel(s)" that the answer is for the full-backs to get forwards more often - thereby offering more "width" and "pace" in attack.

He ALWAYS introduces himself to the viewers with a "good evening" or "evening all".

In a Champions League match in 2006 he comically mispronounced 'superiority' as 'supority'. His other claim to commentating fame is his famous cry of "and Arsenal must now really feel that the sight is in end" seconds before Arsenal surrendered their lead in the 2005/06 Champions League final versus FC Barcelona.

Since the World Cup has started, he has shown no sign of slowing down with his mention of the classic 4-3-2 formation which the USA played against Italy, failing to recognise that they only had 8 outfield players on the pitch, following two dismissals. This was the same game in which he quipped "you can smell the fatigue". In another group stage match, Sweden vs. Paraguay, he claimed that the yellow replica shirts worn by the Swedish fans 'could make things confusing for the referee'. In the second round match between Portugal and The Netherlands, he referred to Maniche's first half goal as 'swift as a shot'. In the same game, Pleat compared Scolari's tactics to those of "the other Portuguese coach", Jose Mourinho, which was pronounced 'Mourino'. His bizarre commentary continued in the quarter final between Spain and France when after France's equaliser he cried: 'Ribery took the ball around the goalkeeper like an experienced old head.'

Mr Pleat has several favourite adjectives/words and phrases, which get regular air-time:

"Pace" "Power" "Full-back(s)" "Stamina" "Endeavour" "Width" "(Good) Evening everybody" "I just feel..." "Strength" "Diagonal ball" "Like a game of chess" "Tempo"

Pleat often provides commentary on football matches for ITV, mainly midweek Champions League games. He has received a lot of criticism for his commentating performances. He is known to regularly pronounce players' names incorrectly and examples of this include pronouncing Juventus striker David Trezequet 'Trazago', Arsenal defender Gaël Clichy as 'Cliche' and Real Madrid striker Jose Antonio Reyes as 'Rays'. Last year in the Champions League knockout stages he pronounced AC Milan striker Filippo Inzaghi 'Ingatsi' and on Saturday, September 9th 2006, during the Manchester United vs Tottenham game at Old Trafford, he referred to Patrice Evra as 'Evrice.'

On August 9th in the match between Maccabi Haifa and Liverpool he said that Nir Davidovich, the goalkeeper for Haifa who is nicknamed "The Octopus", was "Certainly putting the squids on Liverpool".

In the opening game of World Cup 2006 between Germany and Costa Rica he said that Per Mertesacker, a defender for Germany looked "like a spider...the way he lopes his long legs around the ball".

:lol:

DP: I think the USA should

it was great last night, Souness trying to work out the Dutch 433 system. He was absolutely horrified, Where was the target man? where was the 2 wide men, covering their respective fullbacks? I just dont know what the world is coming to.

I know. The bloke just looked confused when Gullit was saying the widemen of a front three should be as near to the striker as possible. He just couldn't fathom it out.  :lol: