Change in tastebuds...

Dokko

Another sign i'm getting old i suppose...

I've been a hardened lager drinker all my adult like and a bit before, but recently i've been getting sick of the gassiness and sporadic quality in lager from the pumps in pubs, and just fancied something different, so i had a pint of John Smiths cold, and since then i've never looked back.

Proper old mans drink i know, working in a bar during the day its all i sell to the old guys but it really is such a welcome change. Not only the taste but the fact i can drink twice as much without struggling to settle my stomach.

Took the plunge and bought some for the house wondering if the taste was the same, well it could be different in a can, but its not, still nice but not as refreshing, but that's probably down to atmosphere.

Anyhoo, one guy always requests a tiny bit of lemonade in his pint at the bottom, and i always wondered what it tasted like, well probably the biggest mistake of my life beacuse it tastes like the best thing i've ever tasted in the world.

After going off alcohol bit by bit for some years, i've found a drink i finally can drink for actually liking it and not just to get pissed. Slightly worrying, but great at the same time.

170 cals per pint as well, would have thought it was more.

That, eyesight, not knowing what's in the charts, weekends in and looking and planning for the future = one old bastard.

It's official isn't it?  :laugh:

So what are the other tell tale signs, put me in my coffin, and do you feel old before your time?

So what are the other tell tale signs, put me in my coffin, and do you feel old before your time?

Another tell tale sign:

When you open The Sun and look at page two before page three.

Guest lankybellwipe

Another tell tale sign:

When you open The Sun and look at page two before page three.

Or, in my case, turn straight to Dear Diedre!  (HF can confirm this)

I like old man drinks (ales/beers/bitter/tea) anyway, but have never tried that lemonade in the bottom trick.

People did tell me that Guiness and blackcurrant was amazing, mind, and that was awful.

I like old man drinks (ales/beers/bitter/tea) anyway, but have never tried that lemonade in the bottom trick.

People did tell me that Guiness and blackcurrant was amazing, mind, and that was awful.

Yeah that's disgusting, but i hate Guinness so no surprise i didn't like it.

Try it next time you are in a bar.

JS for me is nice but is a bit tastless sometimes, which tbf is what attracted me to it in the 1st place. Tiny bit, and i mean 1.5cm in a pint glass at the bottom, and its something totally different. 

Guest lankybellwipe

I've started to enjoy tea.

We love it over here, ive had 4 or 5 cups today already ffs :lol:

I have a pint sized cup of tea EVERY morning without fail!

PETER!

You're mistaken there. That IS a pint - you bum!

I've started to enjoy tea.

We love it over here, ive had 4 or 5 cups today already ffs :lol:

I have a pint sized cup of tea EVERY morning without fail!

PETER!

You're mistaken there. That IS a pint - you bum!

Yeah but If I'd said that I have a "pint of tea every morning!" - you would have thought I was swigging it from a pint glass!  :lol:

Getting old?

Hell, last year I had to give up beer altogether (along with various other things) for health reasons. That's getting old.

Know what you mean about the gassiness of English lager, though. Couldn't touch the stuff anymore after I'd lived in Germany for a while and got used to the far superior brews of central Europe.

Getting old?

Hell, last year I had to give up beer altogether (along with various other things) for health reasons. That's getting old.

Know what you mean about the gassiness of English lager, though. Couldn't touch the stuff anymore after I'd lived in Germany for a while and got used to the far superior brews of central Europe.

We get the dregs i know.

Poorly cleaned lines half the problem.

Giving up beer would probably be my coffin nail. I've given up everything else, don't know if i could say no drink for ever.

Guest toonlass

What is it with sprouts though? As a kid I hated them, but now I don't mind them at all. Strange as. Red Wine too, hated it until a couple of years back and now I never buy white wine.

Guest Stephen927

I've gone right off the taste of Carling for some reason, actually makes me feel a bit sick.

Love John Smiths Extra Smooth. Me and my mate got it one time for a houseparty between us cos it was canny cheap and haven't looked back despite numerous calls from people saying it's an old man's drink.

Guest lankybellwipe

I've gone right off the taste of Carling for some reason, actually makes me feel a bit sick.

Love John Smiths Extra Smooth. Me and my mate got it one time for a houseparty between us cos it was canny cheap and haven't looked back despite numerous calls from people saying it's an old man's drink.

[move]

PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS WATTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA[/move]

[move]

PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS WATTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA[/move]

Glad you mastered that one[/sarky twat]

Oh BTW 8 cans of stella for £4 in tesco, n yeah it exists and yeah so did the DVDs.  :razz:

Guest lankybellwipe

I agree, carling has never tasted nice.

Fosters is fuking miles worse.

[move]TATTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WATTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA[/move]

Not in Texaco!

8 Stella for £4, sounds good that!

Edit:  Jeeeeesus fuckin Christ! Can I do NOTHING right