What to do with the troops.

James

Hardly akin to quitting any other job to be honest Greg, and you couldn't blame people coming back from Iraq for wanting to get out while they can, where the choice is quit or stay in the UK for six months with the risk of being sent of to Afghanistan.

Besides, many army people are very employable due to apprenticeships and army discipline, so they are adding to the potential work force, and probably on the majority taking jobs that other non-army people would have got.

So as such, it is everyone's problem.

Correct me if I am wrong but arent there currently only about 300 British troops in Iraq?

Hardly masses going to be out on the dole.

It is about 5000 at the moment, plus thousands more currently in the UK who will soon be faced with the decision as to quit or to stay.

Hardly akin to quitting any other job to be honest Greg, and you couldn't blame people coming back from Iraq for wanting to get out while they can, where the choice is quit or stay in the UK for six months with the risk of being sent of to Afghanistan.

Besides, many army people are very employable due to apprenticeships and army discipline, so they are adding to the potential work force, and probably on the majority taking jobs that other non-army people would have got.

They chose that career path so if they choose to quit it's their problem in my opinion.

There's not even that many troops in Iraq these days, we have more in Afghanistan.

They chose that career path so if they choose to quit it's their problem in my opinion.

Clearly you didn't read the second half of the post, as if you did, you'd see that the problem isn't for the quitters, but is rather for the young men out there looking for jobs who haven't been in the army, who shall be missing out on labourer/engineering positions that shall instead go to army retirees who have receved apprenticeships in these types of skills.

Clearly you didn't read the second half of the post, as if you did, you'd see that the problem isn't for the quitters, but is rather for the young men out there looking for jobs who haven't been in the army, who shall be missing out on labourer/engineering positions that shall instead go to army retirees who have receved apprenticeships in these types of skills.

Ok, then those young men will have to continue to look for jobs!

Why are you insistent upon handouts? If people have less skills than other job applicants, then they don't get the job. Jeez.

The job should go to the best candidate, if that is ex army personnel then so be it.

The other people then need to up their game and improve their skill set or seek alternative employment.

I know loads of people in the armed forces, quite a few have been over to Iraq and Afghan quite a few times. Non of them are looking to get out of the armed forces. If they did most of them are qualified electricians plumbers etc so they would be ok in that regard.

I know loads of people in the armed forces, quite a few have been over to Iraq and Afghan quite a few times. Non of them are looking to get out of the armed forces. If they did most of them are qualified electricians plumbers etc so they would be ok in that regard.

WHICH MEANS PEOPLE WHO CANT DO ELECTIKS AND PLUMBIN WON'T BE ABLE 2 GGET JOBZ AS ELEKTRISHIANS AND PLUMBERS!! OMGZBAI