£8m For Emre?

Guest eyeball_tickler

Guest eyeball_tickler

OWEN HARGREAVES will get his dream move to Manchester United in January — if Bayern Munich land Newcastle midfielder Emre.

Sources claim the Turkish international is desperate to join the Germans, after Emre revealed Bayern made an £8million move for him during the summer.

Emre’s claim puts the pressure on at St James’s Park and should he get his wish, England star Hargo (left) will be Old Trafford bound.

The midfield ace is recuperating from a broken leg but is set to return to training in a fortnight’s time.

United boss Alex Ferguson has the funds to finance a £14m swoop and Hargo has made no secret of his desire to join the Premiership leaders.

The Canadian-born star almost went on strike in a bid to move in August but backed down after a public slanging match with the Bayern board.

Emre did not expect to be fighting a relegation battle when he joined Newcastle in July 2005 for £6m from Inter Milan.

And he could be helped in his search for a move because Toon will have to sell to finance any recruitment during the January transfer window.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2006500755,00.html

OWEN HARGREAVES will get his dream move to Manchester United in January — if Bayern Munich land Newcastle midfielder Emre.

Sources claim the Turkish international is desperate to join the Germans, after Emre revealed Bayern made an £8million move for him during the summer.

Emre’s claim puts the pressure on at St James’s Park and should he get his wish, England star Hargo (left) will be Old Trafford bound.

The midfield ace is recuperating from a broken leg but is set to return to training in a fortnight’s time.

United boss Alex Ferguson has the funds to finance a £14m swoop and Hargo has made no secret of his desire to join the Premiership leaders.

The Canadian-born star almost went on strike in a bid to move in August but backed down after a public slanging match with the Bayern board.

Emre did not expect to be fighting a relegation battle when he joined Newcastle in July 2005 for £6m from Inter Milan.

And he could be helped in his search for a move because Toon will have to sell to finance any recruitment during the January transfer window.

I'd sooner sell Parker tbh.

I'd sooner sell Parker tbh.

You'd rather have Butt playing there?

Guest sharath

wasnt it already said that bayern didnt actually come in for him...?

Emre had already accepted in turkish media a while back that Bayern had moved for him.

If Bayern get either Emre or Borowski, United will get Hargreaves. Its funny how newcastle could help manchester United.

Quality of journalism highlighted in italics - was closer to £3.5 m :roll:

Guest sharath

Quality of journalism highlighted in italics - was closer to £3.5 m :roll:

it was £8m I suppose. In turkish media they had reported it as 13.5m euros at that time.

Guest sharath

You can't blame him for wanting to leave if he does go, Man Utd buying Hargreaves makes the money they made for Carrick even more laughable, there won't be many goals in a Hargreaves/Carrick partnership.

United don't need them to score goals. United have rooney, ronaldo, Saha, giggs, scholes, and may be Nani to get the goals.

But then again who thumped those 2 shots against the bar for england at Old trafford? Hargreaves I think.

Can there be a 3 way deal. United let brown join newcastle to sweeten them and they sell Emre to Bayern and United get hargreaves.

if ALL 8m are used for reinforcements of defence and attack i'd probably take it - i like emre though, but our backs are against the wall atm

Guest Ridzuan

We sell Emre to Bayern. Man utd get Hargreaves . We get Rossi for the rest of the season on loan. Probably.....

I hope we get Rossi permanently if the deal involve those 3 players.

If players like Emre and the like were playing to their full potential we wouldn't be in a relegation battle. It always amuses me when the press speculate on who is going where because things aren't going their way. At the end of the day we have a squad allegedly oozing with world class who are paid a lot of money to play at their best at all times, but if they seemingly can't be arsed it just goes to show their commitment to the club when times are hard. Maybe Glenn Roeder isn't up to the job in hand but he would be helped immensely if some of these "superstars" started earning their 50k a week

We sell Emre to Bayern. Man utd get Hargreaves . We get Rossi for the rest of the season on loan. Probably.....

I hope we get Rossi permanently if the deal involve those 3 players.

That's about as likely as Newcastle signing Cannavaro, which you also suggested in another thread. Are you sure you're supporting the right club?!?

Guest sharath

ohhhhhhhhhh Fergie is being nice to us and now I see why,

£8 mill for Emre I would take but Man Ure are going to need to sweeten us way more then Rossi on loan for half a season.

Brown or John O shea.  bluewink.gif

Emre and Owen out... Just think we need real strikers because old Sibierski, slow-mo Amoebi, up'n'down Martins and no-motivated Luque aren't enough. And I always thought Emre was essential in the midline... now we're tasting his ausence.

But I'm not surprised, players like them can´t be deep down in the table.

In spite of this, although Manchester U is trusting in Owen's recovery I think they want to see him play before. If we can stop Emre untill the end of the season and Newcastle is near the top, maybe they both would think about their future again. We have played 10 matches, there are 28 chances to change the future of the club.