Fat Ash - "Kinnear is better than Capello and will lead us to Europe"

David Icke - Son of God

JOE KINNEAR has been hailed as “better than Fabio Capello” by Newcastle owner Mike Ashley.

In Ashley’s eyes Kinnear has proved to be no ordinary Joe after he brought him in from the managerial wilderness to become temporary boss three months ago.

The appointment was widely ridiculed but Kinnear has imposed his authority and is now being compared to England boss Capello.

He masterminded a 3-0 thrashing of Portsmouth at Fratton Park last weekend which pulled Newcastle clear of the Premier League relegation zone.

Ashley, who turned to Kinnear after Kevin Keegan quit and Terry Venables rejected the chance to stand in, boldly predicted: “We will stay up. Yes, definitely.

“Joe’s the man to do the job. He’s my hero. Is he better than Capello? Definitely. We are going to be in Europe by the end of the season!”

Ashley still intends to sell Newcastle but, in troubled economic times, he cannot find a buyer prepared to pay £250million.

In the meantime Kinnear wants to dabble in the January transfer market and bring in the type of recruits which will ensure Newcastle’s survival and make Ashley’s club more attractive to prospective purchasers.

Keegan’s main reason for leaving was that Ashley’s sidekicks Dennis Wise and Tony Jimenez dictated transfer policy.

But Ashley has promised there will be no such interference with Kinnear, who is in charge until the end of the season.

Ashley said: “It is up to Joe, we have signed him, it’s up to him. I’ve definitely got some money although whether I will give it to him or not is another question! Joe realises that Newcastle don’t have a bottomless pit of money so he will be very careful with what he does.

“If it’s a player that costs £30m then I can absolutely say ‘I don’t think so’.

“But will he able to get the players he wants to tinker with the team and change the balance? The answer’s yes.”

Ashley released a lengthy statement three months ago when he put the club up for sale.

He added: “The situation over the sale of the club has not changed. It’s still a reality, it is still for sale.”

Source: The Sun.

I know he's not being serious, but it just ain't the right issue to try and be funny about. Either sell the fucking thing or knuckle down and sort us out.

If he isnt serious then its even more annoying, complete silence through the worst crisis to hit the club in its recent history, and this is what we get.

I know he's not being serious, but it just ain't the right issue to try and be funny about. Either sell the fucking thing or knuckle down and sort us out.

If he isnt serious then its even more annoying, complete silence through the worst crisis to hit the club in its recent history, and this is what we get.

Agreed. I know, i know - he's hardly come out and said something proper controversial or anything. But he's said bugger all, other than a propaganda stint in the club mag, and then we get all this jovial, sarcastic nonsense. The guy needs to get a clue.

Wouldn't be the first time the Sun/NOTW have faked quotes of his, it's a possibility.

Ashley is the man who thought messing with Keegan and appointing Kinnear was a good idea, those quotes definately seem like something he would say.

Wouldn't be the first time the Sun/NOTW have faked quotes of his, it's a possibility.

If they faked the quotes they'd be in court. It's notoriously easy to get cash out of publications for defamation in the UK.

I get the feeling that Ashley is quite happy to flap his gums to his 'pals' in the press at the minute if they give him a slightly easier ride, which they will if he's happy to be a rentaquote.

no intention of selling

If that was the case then he wouldn't have appointed Joe Kinnear. He'll make more money in the Premiership than in the Championship.

but Kinnear is better than Capello and will lead us to Europe man

The quotes sound fake to me anyway.  Ashley may or may not be that informed on the inner workings of football, but he's not mentally challenged.

These quotes:

“Joe’s the man to do the job. He’s my hero. Is he better than Capello? Definitely. We are going to be in Europe by the end of the season!”

Sound as though they were either make jokingly "off the record" or by a slightly retarded prepubescent. Ashley is a businessman and public figure, so he's not that much of an idiot when it comes to public relations.

Is Ashley bigging Kinnear up any different to Keegan bigging Duff & Smith up anyway?

Looking for some bites?

No, I'm asking a question. You biting like?

Just seems like a bizarre comparison really, how is Ashley saying Kinnear is better than Capello and will lead us to Europe in the same league as Keegan saying Duff and Smith are good enough to play for Newcastle?

Because it's clear he's joking. I remember when Douglas Hall stuck a Newcastle top in the back of his car with "Baggio" on the back of it. Did we all kick off then when we discovered he was only having a laugh?

Theres a bigger picture here though, its hardly the time to be laughing and joking. Alot of fans want some serious answers, there are alot of subjects close to our hearts that Ashley wont talk about, yet he comes out with bollocks like this.

no intention of selling

If that was the case then he wouldn't have appointed Joe Kinnear. He'll make more money in the Premiership than in the Championship.

well Kinnear was his 5th choice tbh. As useless as you or I think Kinnear is, they'll always be armchair pundits out there believing him to a top manager after he won premiership manager of the year in 97 or 98

If this quote is genuine, Ashley has just proved that he knows as much about Football and managers as he does about investing.....how much did he lose again, in the Bradford/Bingley gamble ?? Oh Yes - it was 100m... just chicken-feed !!!

Best comment about managers since Harold Thompson of the FA said that the reason they appointed Ron Greenwood as England manager instead of Brian Clough was because ; 'he's a jolly nice man..!!''

And people wonder why England haven't been a power in the game since 1973....Could this be a sign for the future of NUFC..!??