Fat Ash - "Kinnear is better than Capello and will lead us to Europe"

David Icke - Son of God

Because it's clear he's joking. I remember when Douglas Hall stuck a Newcastle top in the back of his car with "Baggio" on the back of it. Did we all kick off then when we discovered he was only having a laugh?

Theres a bigger picture here though, its hardly the time to be laughing and joking. Alot of fans want some serious answers, there are alot of subjects close to our hearts that Ashley wont talk about, yet he comes out with bollocks like this.

He was apparently asked a question, answered it, and then had a joke towards the end. It's not the end of the world. The rest of the comments answer the questions some people have been asking to a fair extent.

If he honestly believes that then he is clueless, but it's the most obvious 'joke' I've seen in ages. Just because the Sun choose to spin it and make it look like something serious, doesn't mean it is.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

It would surprise me greatly if those quotes were real. Unfortunately this board is full of 16 year old idiots (decky) who will take everything put before them as vertabim.

Guest The Libertine

"But Keegan said: "Yeah, I had lunch with Thierry the other day, then we had Luka Modric and Deco over. They've all been in to sit down with me and Mike Ashley and have a chat."

OMFG!!!  :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb:

I just think mountains will be made out of molehills once again.

100% this. :nods:

If people are getting genuinely wound up by these quotes then they need to have a serious fucking word with themselves. Blatantly obvious he was taking the piss.  :rolleyes:

I just think mountains will be made out of molehills once again.

100% this. :nods:

If people are getting genuinely wound up by these quotes then they need to have a serious f***ing word with themselves. Blatantly obvious he was taking the piss.  :rolleyes:

Really?

I don't really tend to get worked up or pissed off with comments made in the media, but I personally find that in bad taste considering the state we are in.

I find comments like that a lot more embarrassing than any of the tripe Kinnear's come out with.

Can you imagine the reactions of some of this was Shepherd btw?

Whose reactions are you referring to by the way? This forum, or just Newcastle fans in general?

I wouldn't have thought general fans reactions would be any worse coming from Shepherd than Ashley. They would possibly even have less impact as he was such a media whore.

Can you imagine the reactions of some of this was Shepherd btw?

Whose reactions are you referring to by the way? This forum, or just Newcastle fans in general?

I wouldn't have thought general fans reactions would be any worse coming from Shepherd than Ashley. They would possibly even have less impact as he was such a media whore.

He would have been slated for coming out with such a thing, and rightly so btw.

I honestly think he's taking the piss out of us with all these quotes he's been making, I think we've annoyed him so he's going to make us look like retards, which, to be fair he doesn't really need to help us with. 

He's probably got every right as well, I read one of the supposed emails he or the club recieved from fans and it was a disgrace, threatening him and his kids.

Guest Howaythetoon

If these are his quotes and he genuinely believes what he says then he's more deluded and clueless than I had previously thought. The man's more embarrassing that Freddy Shepherd ever was and that's some feat. What a joke.

Ripping the piss out of us yet again.

You might think it's all a big laugh Mike but we don't.

Precisely, Dave. As i said in my first post, it's obvious that he's not being serious - but for him to have said absolutely nothing for almost his entire time here - and now to come out with these saracastic, nonsencial comments in poxy newspapers, it just takes the piss a bit really.

If the anti-Ashley lobby is going to use light-hearted remarks like this as a stick to beat him with it doesn't really do their cause any favours. Why not get your head out of the sands and focus on what he does with his money in January when there might well be real cause for complaints?

It's not even if they are that outrageous even if he wasn't half joking FFS. So he's talking up his manager and is proud of a couple of decent results, big deal.

Guest Howaythetoon

it's okay if chairmen act stupid and take the piss, after all they only own our football club. but when a supporter's group do the same, by almighty god, THAT is something to get upset over.

I know, the fucking irony. :lol:

Some seriously fucked up logic on here.

I think its clear that people are interpreting this in quite varying ways.

As said above, I personally find this statement one of the most embarrassing I've heard spouted from him as he's either a complete fucking idiot, or hes making a joke that is in bad taste, which makes him a complete fucking idiot.

it's okay if chairmen act stupid and take the piss, after all they only own our football club. but when a supporter's group do the same, by almighty god, THAT is something to get upset over.

I know, the fucking irony. :lol:

Some seriously fucked up logic on here.

The logic that thinks the two situations are even comparable is more questionable though, but we aren't really dealing in logic here are we?  :lol: