Fat Ash - "Kinnear is better than Capello and will lead us to Europe"

David Icke - Son of God

Wouldn't be the first time the Sun/NOTW have faked quotes of his, it's a possibility.

If they faked the quotes they'd be in court. It's notoriously easy to get cash out of publications for defamation in the UK.

Doesnt The Sun have to say something defamatory for them to be sued for defamation? :lol:

Guest Howaythetoon

so...keegan DIDNT meet with henry?!?!

No but he tried to buy him, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Lampard, Pele and the Alan Shearer of 96 :lol:

it's okay if chairmen act stupid and take the piss, after all they only own our football club. but when a supporter's group do the same, by almighty god, THAT is something to get upset over.

I know, the fucking irony. :lol:

Some seriously fucked up logic on here.

Depends if the quotes are real.

it's okay if chairmen act stupid and take the piss, after all they only own our football club. but when a supporter's group do the same, by almighty god, THAT is something to get upset over.

I know, the fucking irony. :lol:

Some seriously fucked up logic on here.

The logic that thinks the two situations are even comparable is more questionable though, but we aren't really dealing in logic here are we?  :lol:

if there is a difference it is that NUSC is a small, newly formed amatuer supporters group which is still finding its feet, while ashley is a professional businessman who owns our club. so you have to hold him to higher standards. are you suggesting that it is the opposite and we're supposed to cut ashley slack for the same faults? if there's anyone out there who pans NUSC for being unprofessional and making jokes and doesnt do the same for ashley (if these quotes are real), then they have an agenda.

Guest The Libertine

so...keegan DIDNT meet with henry?!?!

No but he tried to buy him, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Lampard, Pele and the Alan Shearer of 96 :lol:

wtf?!? link?

“We will stay up. Yes, definitely.

“Joe’s the man to do the job. He’s my hero. Is he better than Capello? Definitely. We are going to be in Europe by the end of the season!”

“It is up to Joe, we have signed him, it’s up to him. I’ve definitely got some money although whether I will give it to him or not is another question! Joe realises that Newcastle don’t have a bottomless pit of money so he will be very careful with what he does.

“If it’s a player that costs £30m then I can absolutely say ‘I don’t think so’.

“But will he able to get the players he wants to tinker with the team and change the balance? The answer’s yes.”

“The situation over the sale of the club has not changed. It’s still a reality, it is still for sale.”

Do people ask themselves questions in the middle of sentences? Apart from his jokey response to the question which could have been asked at anytime and in a different context by the journalist himself, the rest seems fairly straightforward. If any of it is true at all that is.

He was obviously asked if he thought Joe was better than Capello and why shouldn't he say yes then?

I also have a feeling that the reason the question was asked in the first place had something to do with the fact Capello isn't making use of Owen, while Owen is obviously performing for Kinnear.

I don't think these quotes are anything to be overly worried or concerned about.

What I found interesting was what he had to say about £30 million players and Newcastle not being a bottomless pit. Wonder if that was a bit of insight (or maybe even a slight dig?) concerning the previous managers targets.

Guest The Libertine

He was obviously asked if he thought Joe was better than Capello and why shouldn't he say yes then?

I also have a feeling that the reason the question was asked in the first place had something to do with the fact Capello isn't making use of Owen, while Owen is obviously performing for Kinnear.

I don't think these quotes are anything to be overly worried or concerned about.

What I found interesting was what he had to say about £30 million players and Newcastle not being a bottomless pit. Wonder if that was a bit of insight (or maybe even a slight dig?) concerning the previous managers targets.

"I'd like to do what we did last time and surprise people," Keegan added. "It would be nice to break a world record. Why rule it out. I'd like to bring players here that amaze people and we stop just talking about being a big club - but, with our actions, we show that we are.

''Sometimes people limit themselves by saying, 'we can't do that'. You say 'why not?' and they don't give you an answer. If we can get this club going in the right direction we have the owner who will find us the money for these players. You start by building up trust with the people who provide the finance that you can find these players at the right price. It's easy to get players to a club once it's flying in the right direction."

:shifty:

Yup. Players like Stephen Warnock are really going to break the bank.

Oh ... sorry, I didn't realise he was our only target last summer. My apologies.

Oh ... sorry, I didn't realise he was our only target last summer. My apologies.

Glad you admit that you're wrong. It's about time.

Glad you admit that you're wrong. It's about time.

Awesome.  :thup:

I just can't wait for January to come and go as it will clear up so much and put to bed some of the suppositions being made.

The players sold and those brought in will tell a very interesting story indeed.

When I read his comments on Newsnow I knew they would be picked, pulled and over interpreted to death on here.

It a tongue in cheek comment so why spend the rest of your day going around in circles about it.

What else are people going to do?  Work?

This man knows the score.

The only comment that concerns me is:

"But will he able to get the players he wants to tinker with the team and change the balance? The answer’s yes.”

And in that i'm very happy with the so called interview.

The rest is taking the piss, but the media have been taking the piss for years, maybe Ashley has clicked on.

"I'd like to do what we did last time and surprise people," Keegan added. "It would be nice to break a world record. Why rule it out. I'd like to bring players here that amaze people and we stop just talking about being a big club - but, with our actions, we show that we are.

''Sometimes people limit themselves by saying, 'we can't do that'. You say 'why not?' and they don't give you an answer. If we can get this club going in the right direction we have the owner who will find us the money for these players. You start by building up trust with the people who provide the finance that you can find these players at the right price. It's easy to get players to a club once it's flying in the right direction."

:lol:

Combine those quotes with the ones after the Chelseas defeat and it kind of unravels a little bit more, piece by piece. Maybe keegan did go in thinking the above quotes, handed in his list accordingly and came out the meeting thinking the 'Chelsea quotes' becasue he'd been told that that sort of money wasnt available. Its the only scenario that makes any sense.

F*cking hell, are people really making a big deal of this? :lol:

Last week Martin O'Neill said Ashley Young was as good as Ronaldo & Messi. Clearly he was just taking the p*ss out of the fans there.

It's not the quotes themselves that i'm pissed off about really. It's the year and a half of silence, and then a bunch of sarcastic tosh all of a sudden - which i'm bothered about.