Patrick Vieira helping us

Skirge

Now it makes sense, Vieira has picked our tacticts for tonight  bluelaugh.gif

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/news/tm_headline=vieira-is-united%2Ds-secret-weapon%26method=full%26objectid=18031044%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Vieira is United's secret weapon

Nov 2 2006

By Paul Gilder, The Journal

Patrick Vieira has emerged as an unlikely ally in Newcastle's bid to prevail in Palermo after Antoine Sibierski revealed how the Internazionale midfielder has supplied the Magpies with inside information on their Uefa Cup opponents, writes Paul Gilder.

The two have been firm friends for more than a decade since playing together for the French Under-21 side and, as Sibierski prepares to face the Serie A club this evening, he is determined to use the knowledge imparted by Vieira to his advantage.

With his Inter team level on points with the Rosanero at the head of the Italian league standings, the former Arsenal favourite is well qualified to pass judgement on Francesco Guidolin's in-form side.

But the United striker is confident Glenn Roeder's men can upset the odds tonight. "I used to play with Patrick for the Under-21 team," said the 32-year-old, recovered from the badly-bruised toe that forced him to watch last weekend's Premiership encounter with Charlton from the St James's Park sidelines.

"It is a long time ago, I have known him for more than 10 years, but he is a very good friend of myself and my whole family.

"I always keep a close eye on the Italian game, and Patrick has spoken to me about Palermo. He has told me what a good side Palermo are; he says they are very organised and has told me that we will have to be careful right from the start. I know that this is going to be a very difficult game for us."

Vieira's star-studded Inter are the overwhelming favourites to claim the Scudetto this season as a result of the punishments meted out to the likes of Milan and Juventus following the Serie A match-rigging scandal.

But Palermo have made a remarkable start to their third season back in top-flight football and, having finished sixth and eighth in the last two years, a team who are neck and neck with Inter at the top of the table have emerged as genuine contenders for the Italian title.

Considering Newcastle's troubles this season, tonight's Group H encounter looks a daunting prospect. But Sibierski is adamant a home triumph is not a foregone conclusion. "We mustn't think that just because they are second in the Italian league we can't get a result," said a player who has struck some vital European goals for United this season.

"We have the qualities to get a result. We have to believe and if we play as a team, I think we can win this game. We have the players."

Having opened their Uefa Cup group campaign with a win against Fenerbahçe two weeks ago, victory would be almost certain to guarantee Roeder's men a place in the competition's last 32.

And for all their domestic problems, United's record in Europe this season shows five wins and two draws from seven games.

"One more win could be enough to get through the group," added Sibierski, who hopes that his French connection could prove decisive. "We need a result and, although it will be very difficult, we can do it."

Guest Ridzuan

Roeder is going all out to make sure we win tonight and he knows he cant do it alone so he calls Sibby's mate,Viera for help which is a shame.But at the current moment,we could do with a help or two and hopefully it will pay off tonight.

Roeder is going all out to make sure we win tonight and he knows he cant do it alone so he calls Sibby's mate,Viera for help which is a shame.But at the current moment,we could do with a help or two and hopefully it will pay off tonight.

But I hope if we do win then Roeder will get some credit, instead of everyone lauding Viera.  bluelaugh.gif

Guest Bramble OG

He has told me what a good side Palermo are; he says they are very organised and has told me that we will have to be careful right from the start. I know that this is going to be a very difficult game for us."

Wow thanks for that inside info Patrick!!

But I hope if we do win then Roeder will get some credit, instead of everyone lauding Viera.  bluelaugh.gif

But can you honestly see Newcastle winning at Palermo, with or without Vieira's inside knowledge?

Guest Gemmill

He has told me what a good side Palermo are; he says they are very organised and has told me that we will have to be careful right from the start. I know that this is going to be a very difficult game for us."

That's more info than he'd get if he sent Terry Mac to watch them tbh.

That's more info than he'd get if he sent Terry Mac to watch them tbh.

:lol: