Close Shaves

James

I'm sure many of us have experienced what we would describe as close shaves, i.e. near death experiences in time-space terms such as nearly stepping in front of a speeding car.

The reality is that this isn't as bad as a real injury causing accident, but it does take your breath away for a moment.

I've always entertained the idea of parallel universes, but I'm pretty agnostic on everything, but since I was knocked off my bike by a motorcycle as a kid, I've sometimes had a feeling of my life branching out into parallel universes, and the various 'close shaves' I've had have always given me a jolt and made me ask questions which are up there with the meaning of life for me such as 'am I dead?', 'have I died and found myself in a different parallel universe?' or 'are there parallel universes out there in which I have just died?'.

Does anyone ask themselves these questions too? Just wondering as being a naturally unusual person makes me ask myself: 'is it just me?'

I'm not sure where you're coming from but i used to shimmy along wansbeck road metro bridge by my hands with my legs dangling when i was about 14.

It wasn't as issue for me then but maybe now. Everything in life for me is a case of Que Sera Sera. Having a moment of clarity after an accident should just enforce your mortality.

You aren't dead, you are still here and reading this, . No wait i'm dead as well maybe everyone else is. Oh cruel creator give us some insight into the workings of your infallible logic ?    Wibble

If this thread is actually about times you almost killed yourself accidentally, I would like to mention the time I once slipped off the road on an interstate freeway in Indiana (answering my mobile like an idiot) and span the 4x4 I was driving 5 times without flipping it and stopping a mere 8 inches from the concrete barrier of an overpass. 

And the time my flight into Manchester airport aborted a landing at the very last second because there was debris (i.e. another plane) on the runway. 

Guest kingdawson

Back when i was 14, i somewhat had a close shave. I remember someone was knocking at the door on a sunday evening. Anyway i was watching a program and i couldnt really be bothered getting it. After realising no one else in the house was bothering either, i reluctantly got up to get it. I was so eager to hurry back up, i didnt swith on the corridor light. Anyway i made it downstairs and was just about to open the door when i heard my mum scream. I quickly realised that i was bare footed standing about 5 cm away from a huge used syringe. Anyway the guy came back and tried to feed my mum some bullshit story about it being medication for Frank (Frank was my next door neighbour who was also the local crack head/ dealer). My mum just picked the syringe up with a cloth and chucked it full force at him :thup:.

Guest kingdawson

I was in peckham visiting my uncle and a car rammed with black people come speeding around a corner, my mum screamed a little and it was really really close!!!

s*** myself honestly!

Queens road Peckham?

was probably me tbh. Sorry.

I was in peckham visiting my uncle and a car rammed with black people come speeding around a corner, my mum screamed a little and it was really really close!!!

s*** myself honestly!

Queens road Peckham?

It was on a corner, by a pub!

Guest kingdawson

s*** myself honestly!

Queens road Peckham?

It was on a corner, by a pub!

Cheers, that clears it up.

i aquaplained on the m6, spun 36o degrees twice and ended up in the fast lane, facing the wrong way, the engine cut out and i couldnt start the car, it was a busy saturday afternoon around xmas in 2oo5, and for some reason, nothing came at me, at all, i got the car started and managed to turn it around.

it was amazing, the motorway was busy and luckily, nothing came at all when i had cut out facing the wrong way.

i feel sick just thinking about it, lucky as f***.