The prospect of Joe Kinnear staying a few years....

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest Howaythetoon
'Mike has already mentioned the possibility of staying if the club are not sold,' he said. 'He told me: "You will always be with me as long as I'm here". I'm optimistic.'

Seems very real if Mike Ashley does intend to stay. That's as scary as Ashley still being in charge.  :kasper:

What i dont understand is, why has Ashley put all his faith in Kinnear? I mean "you will always be with me as long as I'm here". Why exactly? If Ashley thinks he is going to be here next season again, then its time to get a proper full time manager in.

if kinnear got the full time job i'd seriously question why i still bother with football.

He will get it, and more to the point he will probably get it within the coming weeks knowing our luck, which is totally fucking pointless if it does happen.

where does this quote come from, and in what context?

The context was probably something along the lines of "I've got 8 people interested in buying the club and you're here as long as I'm here."

Guest Chris P

So. What happens if we win today and rocket up to 9 th. Kinnear would still be inept?

If he can get us 4 points then he's got the job for life as far as I'm concerned.

4 points .. Ihave him for prime minister

Guest Chris P

Keegan would have got us four points today.

We'd already be higher than 9th with Keegan anyway.   :pow:

Only because we wouldn't have gone through all the shit he caused by leaving

It's up to Kinnear to earn the job over the next few months.

He's made some mistakes but he's also done some good things too, the defence is looking as strong as it ever has as far as I can remember and he's got Owen playing well in a 4-4-2, forming what looks like a good partnership with Martins.

All he has to do now is get the balance in midfield right and if he can do that and start getting some more wins then he deserves it.

Guest Stephen927

Would have hoped Ashley or whoever would have started looking for a new man towards the end of the season when we're safe so that he has enough time to see who needs replacing and to set a couple of targets for transfers.

:undecided: