The prospect of Joe Kinnear staying a few years....

Guest Howaythetoon

Who gives a shit who we played man? Hate that argument, it means nowt. You can only beat who's infront of you, and we did - comprehensively, looking a class above. We were playing like a team that was suited to the top 6. Obviously we were nowhere near in reality like, but i'm talking about the performance.

Of course it matters.

It's not much good looking class against the bottom teams if you're getting hammered off the better one's, we picked up 2 points from a possible 27 against teams that finished in the top 10, that is fact and all of the spin you like won't change that.

Who gives a shit who we played man? Hate that argument, it means nowt. You can only beat who's infront of you, and we did - comprehensively, looking a class above. We were playing like a team that was suited to the top 6. Obviously we were nowhere near in reality like, but i'm talking about the performance.

Of course it matters.

It's not much good looking class against the bottom teams if you're getting hammered off the better one's, we picked up 2 points from a possible 27 against teams that finished in the top 10, that is fact and all of the spin you like won't change that.

I'm not putting a spin on that at all, i've already admitted that he took a long while to get going and he was pretty much as bad as Allardyce for a short period (zomg if you'd read da rest of my post ;)). So yeah - i've already admitted that but i still think he did better.

Going back to my current argument - you can only play who is infront of you and we beat those teams by playing much, much better than them. We were beating midtable-to-relegation candidates with comprehensive ease, which is what i mean by us looking like European contenders. That's what top 6 teams do, they beat teams lower down the table with ease. The Spurs and Reading games in-particular, we played brilliant football.

So what, i mean... when Man Utd hammer Derby for eg, you're not allowed to call them Premiership candidates purely because Derby are shit? That is what you're saying, and it's just a totally wrong way of looking at things imo. When we easily beat Fulham, Reading and Sunderland, we're not allowed to be classed as a much better team, just cos they're not very good?

We beat them with ease for a reason - because we were much better than them. It's kinda difficult to explain but i hope you get what i mean...

Of course it matters.

I'm not putting a spin on that at all, i've already admitted that he took a long while to get going and he was pretty much as bad as Allardyce for a short period (zomg if you'd read da rest of my post ;)). So yeah - i've already admitted that but i still think he did better.

Going back to my current argument - you can only play who is infront of you and we beat those teams by playing much, much better than them. We were beating midtable-to-relegation candidates with comprehensive ease, which is what i mean by us looking like European contenders. That's what top 6 teams do, they beat teams lower down the table with ease. The Spurs and Reading games in-particular, we played brilliant football.

So what, i mean... when Man Utd hammer Derby for eg, you're not allowed to call them Premiership candidates purely because Derby are shit? That is what you're saying, and it's just a totally wrong way of looking at things imo. When we easily beat Fulham, Reading and Sunderland, we're not allowed to be classed as a much better team, just cos they're not very good?

We beat them with ease for a reason - because we were much better than them. It's kinda difficult to explain but i hope you get what i mean...

Not really, no.

It's kind of going off topic too and as I've got no interest in reminiscing about Keegan and what could have been I'll leave it at that.

Are we still going to be pining over Keegan like a bunch of girls this time next year? Let it go and move on FFS.

How am i pining over Keegan? Baggio said he didn't do a particularly great job and i'm arguing that point.

Sorry though, to both of you. I'll shush.

Christ. ???

Guest Howaythetoon

KK kept us up really as many thought we were heading down, at  half-time against Birmingham I thought we were destined for the chop. Kinnear can also keep us up so that would be a great achievement too, anything else a bonus. Statistically Kinnear has done a better job but with KK you knew long-term he'd have us back up in the top 6 and playing fantastic football. Kinnear long-term.... scary!

KK kept us up really as many thought we were heading down, at  half-time against Birmingham I thought we were destined for the chop. Kinnear can also keep us up so that would be a great achievement too, anything else a bonus. Statistically Kinnear has done a better job but with KK you knew long-term he'd have us back up in the top 6 and playing fantastic football. Kinnear long-term.... scary!

Spot on!

It will always be a case of "what if he never left".  It would have been fantastic.  I just loved watching Newcastle with Keegan in charge.