Mark Hughes

lovejoy

i know joe is doing very well, but surely we all know after roeder that its better to shake his hand and say thankyou at the end of the season, rather than giving him the job on a permenant basis.

had a debate with me mate fater the game, he wouldnt toucvh hughes with a barge pole, whereas i would.

if he gets the chop from citeh [which he probs will do], would you take him?

i certainly would.

Hughes was an arsehole player and has continued in the same vein as a manager.

Been thoroughly found out this year. Great to see!!

Am I unrealistic in thinking that under a permanent chairman we could get Sven?

better than that... i think we could get schuster....

I'd love Sven, I wanted him when he said he'd be interested in the job before we gave it to FSA.

What has Hughes ever really done to make him stand out as a decent manager?

He did OK with Wales, won a couple of massive games early on & lived on that for the next year or so as they struggled to win a game.

Blackburn? He turned them into team version of him as a player - nasty but with just enough flair to cover up the dirtiness.

Citeh? The club has more money than god even though they've not been able to spend a lot of it to date, but his man management of Elano in particular is straight out of the Graeme you'll never play for this club again Souness school of bad management.

The bloke has done nothing of any real worth but gets a pass because he's British.  If he'd been any other nationality he'd have been hounded out of the premiership ages ago.

Absolutely no different from Allardyce.

Doesn't have any grafters and bullys at Man City and so is absolutely tanking it.

Plays Vassell ahead of Elano because he is more "workmanlike". Stupid. I might understand that against more difficult teams but West Brom?!

Has left Gelson out of the team all season and has been giving games to Hamann. Gelson was one of their few decent players today and it's mental quite frankly.

I hope we make a move for Gelson Fernandes as it happens. Good player.

Guest optimistic nit

What has Hughes ever really done to make him stand out as a decent manager?

He did OK with Wales, won a couple of massive games early on & lived on that for the next year or so as they struggled to win a game.

Blackburn? He turned them into team version of him as a player - nasty but with just enough flair to cover up the dirtiness.

Citeh? The club has more money than god even though they've not been able to spend a lot of it to date, but his man management of Elano in particular is straight out of the Graeme you'll never play for this club again Souness school of bad management.

The bloke has done nothing of any real worth but gets a pass because he's British.  If he'd been any other nationality he'd have been hounded out of the premiership ages ago.

Wales- had them punching way above their weight.

blackburn- had them punching way above their weight.

citeh- shite.

i personally cant think of a better manager that would come to us full time with our manager record. slight worries that his only league success was blackburn (see sam allardyce) but i think he's a better manager than sam.

although i must say playing vassell ahead of elano is fucking insane.

Guest Heneage

Gift-wrapped P45 for Xmas I reckon.

If you spend £82m and find yourself in the bottom 3 halfway through the season, it's kind of inevitable tbh. Very little sympathy.

How does that break down 35 ish for Robinho, Zabaleta, Kompany, that Brazilian full back, I can't think of many more being honest. Either way he should be doing further.

Its ironic really, the type of manager City need is someone with vast European knowledge and contacts with an FM-Tastic contacts book. What they have is a young english manager with little knowledge outside of his own back pocket.

i know joe is doing very well, but surely we all know after roeder that its better to shake his hand and say thankyou at the end of the season, rather than giving him the job on a permenant basis.

had a debate with me mate fater the game, he wouldnt toucvh hughes with a barge pole, whereas i would.

i certainly would.

Roeders time here tells us absolutely nothing about Kinnear.  At the time I said we shouldn't take Roeder on full time, and a lot of people said the same.  We'd done well with him as manager but we'd done so through luck more then anything else.  He'd picked poor sides and used poor tactics and only really did well because he was forced into better team selections through injuries.  Just because Kinnear has come in as a caretaker boss like Roeder that doesn't mean they're anything alike.  Kinnear has picked pretty good sides, been willing to drop players when they're not doing the job and willing to stick with lesser name players when they are.  He might have made a couple of stupid tactical mistakes but he even seems to have learned from them, he's done geniunely well here despite no having much luck IMO.

What's Hughes done to make himself so attractive as a potential manager?  He did well at Blackburn, but currently has a Man City team who were comfotable last season (and have only added to the squad since) in the bottom three.  What makes you think he's anything but a one hit wonder or any better then Kinnear?  Because he's a hyped up name and Joe is "Joke In Here"?  I wonder how much of a Joke it is that we were second bottom when he arrived and now we're 12th.

I don't neccesarily think he should get the job on a more permenant basis at this point.  But I don't think he deserves to be dismissed as another Roeder either, and he'd certainly be ahead of Mark Hughes if I was choosing our next manager.

Gift-wrapped P45 for Xmas I reckon.

If you spend £82m and find yourself in the bottom 3 halfway through the season, it's kind of inevitable tbh. Very little sympathy.

How does that break down 35 ish for Robinho, Zabaleta, Kompany, that Brazilian full back, I can't think of many more being honest. Either way he should be doing further.

Its ironic really, the type of manager City need is someone with vast European knowledge and contacts with an FM-Tastic contacts book. What they have is a young english manager with little knowledge outside of his own back pocket.

You're forgetting two pretty expensive signings in Jo and Wright-Phillips, also Hughes is Welsh.

Guest optimistic nit

i certainly would.

Roeders time here tells us absolutely nothing about Kinnear.  At the time I said we shouldn't take Roeder on full time, and a lot of people said the same.  We'd done well with him as manager but we'd done so through luck more then anything else.  He'd picked poor sides and used poor tactics and only really did well because he was forced into better team selections through injuries.  Just because Kinnear has come in as a caretaker boss like Roeder that doesn't mean they're anything alike.  Kinnear has picked pretty good sides, been willing to drop players when they're not doing the job and willing to stick with lesser name players when they are.  He might have made a couple of stupid tactical mistakes but he even seems to have learned from them, he's done geniunely well here despite no having much luck IMO.

What's Hughes done to make himself so attractive as a potential manager?  He did well at Blackburn, but currently has a Man City team who were comfotable last season (and have only added to the squad since) in the bottom three.  What makes you think he's anything but a one hit wonder or any better then Kinnear?  Because he's a hyped up name and Joe is "Joke In Here"?  I wonder how much of a Joke it is that we were second bottom when he arrived and now we're 12th.

I don't neccesarily think he should get the job on a more permenant basis at this point.  But I don't think he deserves to be dismissed as another Roeder either, and he'd certainly be ahead of Mark Hughes if I was choosing our next manager.

kinnear for the most part has made joke substitutions (although got it spot on today, with hindsight) and only dropped duff and taylor when injured. he fluked his way into those 2, which have made a massive difference. that said we have been doing well since he took over but i dont have confidence that when things go a bit worse he has the know how to change it.

I would rather give a long term contract to JFK rather than Mark Hughes.  it's fucking ridiculous to be in the relegation zone given their resources.  nevermind Elano and Robinho, the players like jo, gerson fernandes, ireland, benjani, SWP, martin petrov, micah richards are all very good players.  they really got a side with plenty of talents with depth, which in my opinion the best squad out of big 4 this year.  a top half finish should already be intolerable, nevermind a relegation battle.

he may improve in the future but to give him the job now? no thanks.