Wigan Athletic vs Newcastle United- 26/12/08 - Pre-match thread

gray

Guest toonlass

Given

Beye               Colo             Bassong            Enrique

Jonas             Guthrie         Butt                  Zoggy

Owen         Viduka(?)

That is if Oba and Ameobi aren't fit. Us to break the tradition of Wigan boxing day soberers and to win 3-1. HOWAY THE LADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest firetotheworks

Cant see us beating Wigan away. Theyre the best theyve ever been and they have Zaki and Heskey back from when they drew with us at SJP. Id take a draw and be happy, but I predict 1-0 to them.

Guest Jawesome

It was horrendous last year, but maybe we can get something out of it this time around.  They aren't that good, and we just need to use the right tactics.  No hoofing long high balls to one of our small strikers when they are being marked by Titus or whoever they have.

Oh, and I'm there.  Travelling down Christmas day.  Bet none of you can beat that!

:coolsmiley:

Unchanged side again then, Dukes starts if Oba's out, Duff on the bench still..

Would be happy with a point from this game but really we need to go looking to win it, we have Liverpool here 2 days later and thats going to be a tough old game.

Would be happy with a point from this game but really we need to go looking to win it, we have Liverpool here 2 days later and thats going to be a tough old game.

:lol:

You fancy doing the bin dippers? Gerrard will do his submarine act get Colo sent off and get his pen.. BET ON IT.. :D

You fancy doing the bin dippers? Gerrard will do his submarine act get Colo sent off and get his pen.. BET ON IT.. :D

I was just laughing at your choice of phrase chap, as it isn't the most Skirge-like thing you've ever said. :D

I was just laughing at your choice of phrase chap, as it isn't the most Skirge-like thing you've ever said. :D

Its this festive time of year mate, turns me into a dickens character.

Obafemi Martins ruled out of clash against Wigan

Dec 22 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

Obafemi Martins

JOE KINNEAR has already ruled Obafemi Martins out of Newcastle United’s Boxing Day match with Wigan Athletic at the JJB stadium.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/12/22/obafemi-martins-ruled-out-of-clash-against-wigan-72703-22529131/

We will miss Martins more than anyone in this game i think..But IF we manage to keep a clean sheet then i think we could win 1-0. But i think we will have to settle for a draw here or a 1-0 win for wigan. Not too optimistic about this one..