Wigan Athletic vs Newcastle United- 26/12/08 - Pre-match thread

gray

Very difficult game to call. However if we play away on Boxing Day (and ffs when was the last time we had a home game on BD?) we usually get beat so i'm not overly optimistic.

A point wouldn't be the end of the world.

No it wouldn't. Would also stretch our unbeaten run to 7 games, which imo is quite creditable.

Imagine how our side would look with 3 of their players

Given

Beye Colo Bass Jose

Valencia Palacios Barton Jonas

Owen Zaki

Martins

Butt

Guthrie

Taylor

Viduka

Harper

Zog

Zaki better than Martins? :lol:

a know, fkin madness

same side....dont underestimate the importance of playing the same side every week when they are getting the results!

i can live with a draw...its important that we dont loose so that we face liverpool with spirits high!

viduka to replace oba

we should focus on defending and see how the game develops!

Fook me, judging by some of the comments on here, we have lost our last 6 games and Wigan are in the Semi's of the CL..

Okay, history does not point towards a win, but nor did a win a Portsmouth look on the cards.  We look a very good team on the road these days, lets have some faith...

Wigan 0 - Newcastle 2

We win this and get something from Liverpool and a top 5-7 finish is a real possibility.  A good cup run and second half of the season would be nice.

Looks like most people would be pleased with a draw. This sense of realism from us after a good run pleases me.

agreed. if we took 2 points (average) from all our home games, and 1 point from away games, wed finish on about 60 points. given that weve kept 3 clean sheets on the road and won one, im hopeful we can nick a goal and win this game, but it wont be a thriller by any means. points away from home are most welcome if we can build up a good record at SJP. similar to fulham if you like

Guest Owen 4 Ever

hi guys, hope we grap a win at JJB.

i think joe will choose this side:

Given

Beye  Coloccini  Bassong  Enrique

Jonas  Butt  Guthrie  Duff

Owen  Martins

wish we return the draw at SJP !  :angel:

A win really would be an absolutely brilliant result. Would be one of the best results of our season so far if we were to beat them. I am wary of Wigan tbh, i wouldn't be surprised to see us slip up. A loss against them, provinding we're not utterly woeful, wouldn't be something to slit wrists about... though i'd still be pretty disappointed given our good run of form. It's not going to be a walkover, by any means, is basically what i'm saying.

We'll beat Liverpool anyway cos it tends to go lose-win-lose-win from season to season against them at SJP. We lost last season so we're quids in. :thup:

hi guys, hope we grap a win at JJB.

i think joe will choose this side:

Given

Beye  Coloccini  Bassong  Enrique

Jonas  Butt  Guthrie  Duff

Owen  Martins

wish we return the draw at SJP !  :angel:

¿Qué?

He says he reckons that's what Kinnear will play.

Be a bloody disgrace if so, like. Aye - i know he scored, but N'Zogbia is more than worth his place in the team at the moment. So is Enrique for that matter, so no switching around.

I'm a bit concerned about how we will score goals tomorrow tbh. Away from home we have been sitting back under Kinnear and Martins pace has provided a real threat on the counter. Viduka and Owen are different players and we need the midfield to be pushing up and getting plenty of service to them which I'm not sure we'll do. Given Wigan have some very dangerous players as well I really will be pretty happy with a point from this one

Guest sicko2ndbest

Just listened to JFK boxing day preview on world.

He said dont be suprised if he finds a place for duff, jonas and charlie

Owens contract should have been sorted in the summer

The club will still be sold

Needs midfielders

Loves the away support

Loves the geordie people

Just listened to JFK boxing day preview on world.

He said dont be suprised if he finds a place for duff, jonas and charlie

Owens contract should have been sorted in the summer

The club will still be sold

Needs midfielders

Loves the away support

Loves the geordie people

Not nearly enough swearing