Wigan Athletic vs Newcastle United- 26/12/08 - Pre-match thread

gray

Just listened to JFK boxing day preview on world.

He said dont be suprised if he finds a place for duff, jonas and charlie

Duff up front with Owen?

Drop Enrique more like, either that or Zog/Jonas in the middle with the other 2 on the wings.

So playing three strikers is mad and unconsiderable, but three wingers isn't? By Kinnear isn't half a tactical idiot.

Liverpool styleee...

...........Butt.....Guth.............

Jonas.......Duff.........Zoggy

................Owen...............

Or

................Guth.................

Jonas......Duff..........Zoggy

.........Owen...Duke........

Would get raped like.

Isn't Martins out?  ???

I'd stick Viduka up front and play Owen behind him with zog and Gutierrez either side. Guthrie and Butt sitting.

Need to keep hold of it away from home.

Aye sorry, was just thinking generally, changed for the wigan game :) )

We'll get beat cos I'm going. :weep:

Don't be so daft. We'll get beat because I'M going.

Ooh, double negative, we'll win :D

I'm going though. :thdn:

There's always one.  :no:

We will win because I'm not going tbh. Been to all the 1-0 defeats at the JJB in the previous few years.

Duff up front with Owen?

Drop Enrique more like, either that or Zog/Jonas in the middle with the other 2 on the wings.

Enrique could be out with injury so I sexpect Zog will drop to LB and Duff will go to LW. I just hope Duff shows the same drive when he's starting a game as he did when coming on as sub because Charlie was arguably our best midfielder on Sunday.

Duff up front with Owen?

Enrique could be out with injury so I sexpect Zog will drop to LB and Duff will go to LW. I just hope Duff shows the same drive when he's starting a game as he did when coming on as sub because Charlie was arguably our best midfielder on Sunday.

If that's the case I'd stick Duff on the right as N'Zogbia will get far more help defensively from Jonas.

Duff up front with Owen?

If that's the case I'd stick Duff on the right as N'Zogbia will get far more help defensively from Jonas.

Kinnear usually starts Jonas on the right and Duff on the left, but after about 20 minutes switches them

Jonas Gutierrez eyes end to dismal Wigan record

FROM Cliff Richard to Mr Blobby to Bob the Builder to the St Winifred School Choir. All of them have been Christmas No 1s – but all are unwanted records which many would have loved to have seen broken!

And while Jonas Gutierrez may well have the pop star looks and the hairstyle to boot, one his main aims over Christmas is to help Newcastle United smash a different unwanted record – by finally beating Wigan Athletic at the JJB Stadium.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/12/24/jonas-gutierrez-eyes-end-to-dismal-wigan-record-72703-22545204/

Owen and Viduka to start then..

Strike Pair Set To Miss Wigan Trip

Ameobi doubtful while Martins out of Boxing Day clash

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1498588,00.html