The Story So Far

Tooj

Taken this from another forum, I've also left the questions in the manner they are so some of the fans of other teams can answer this as well.

Team: Newcastle United

Current Position: 12th

Where did you expect your team to currently be: I honestly thought with Keegan in charge we would have finished top 8, and maybe even made a push for sixth if we'd have had some luck with injuries.

Best player so far this season: Difficult to say. But under the circumstance in which he's came in and not put a foot wrong, I'm going to see Sebastian Bassong. Ever since the whole number 46 game against Doncaster, whenever he's played he hasn't put a foot wrong. And at times has outshone his more expensive defensive partner in Coloccini. He also never let the side down when filling in for Enrique at full-back, a real prospect, who hopefully can be a lynchpin at the back for us in years to come.

Worst player so far this season: Hard to really single out any individual for this, as I wouldn't say that just one player has been worse than his colleagues. Although at times there have been some absolutely woeful individual performances such as Carroll's cameo versus Man City or Shola's brief stint at doing his best to make sure Spurs played with a 12th man on Sunday.

Best game so far: For the result and performance combined it would have to be Pompey away. A fantastic performance and result. Although mentions to Coventry away in the league cup, yes they may have been weaker opposition but we absolutely murdered them for most of the game. Also getting a draw away at Stamford Bridge was a fantastic achievement. Man Utd away also deserving of a mention, as there was so much doom and gloom before the game until you heard Keegan speak, then not just actually getting a draw, but the way we got the draw that game was fantastic. No fear, we went for it. We wrote the headlines as Keegan said, especially compared to how Man Utd had destroyed us only a few months before both home and away.

Worst game so far: There has been some spineless performances this season, but Sunderland away takes that for me. Losing for the first time in my lifetime on their patch is always going to be hard to stomach, but given the performance as a whole, that made it even harder.

Who would you like to sign in January: A central midfielder with a bit of power behind him. We are desperately lacking legs in the middle of the park, and this is what we need.

Who would you like to sell in January: With the position the squad's in we can't really afford to let anyone go, not even Damien Duff. Although I'd still let Alan Smith go simply to get him off the wage bill.

Thoughts on your manager so far this season: He's made some big errors at times that have cost us, but he may actually now be learning from his mistakes, which is a good sign, as he's man enough to admit he's wrong when doing this. He's came in, steadied the ship at at time when nobody else would. Although don't get me wrong, he definitely had an agenda behind this as it puts his name back in the frame for other jobs and was his last chance to re-ignite his career. But actually seeing Charlie play ahead of Duff and Bassong ahead of Taylor is something that most fans want to see, although initially it was forced upon him by injuries, at least he hasn't allowed those to get straight back into the team.

General thoughts on your team so far: The recent up-turn in form has been encouraging, although I always want more and at times can't get over some of the points we've dropped this season, especially with how tight the league is, we could have been a lot closer to safety if it wasn't for some baffling managerial decisions and spineless performances from some of the players.

Where do you think you’ll finish from this point to the end of the season: At this moment in time it would be impossible to say, simply due to the close nature of the league.

Where did you expect your team to currently be: I didn't have any expectations going into the season other than improving on last season.  I think if we still had Keegan then we would have picked up an extra 12 points that we've dropped.  We might have dropped some that we have managed to get but I think we'd have been at least 6th because of the crazy league we've seen so far.

Best player so far this season: Probably Bassong because of his low starting position, he came in for next to nothing and has established himself in the first team while putting in Man of the Match performances.

Worst player so far this season: Nicky Butt, he's one dimensional and holds us back as a team because of it.  The number of penalties he gives away is unbelievable and proof of how much of a liability that he is.

Best game so far: Man U away, that result really should have given us all a lift and set us up to produce better than we have up until now although it has to be said that the lesser teams are the ones where we are having problems getting results against.

Worst game so far: Stoke at home, we threw 2 points away after taking a 2 goal lead and dominating the game for the entire first half.  That game alone has cost us the points which would have us 3 places higher up the league

Who would you like to sign in January: A central midfielder who has pace and can spot and make a pass without hitting the opposition, that player will not be easy to find.

Who would you like to sell in January: It's not going to happen but I'd like to see the back of Butt as he's the player getting the most games who I don't rate.  Shola, Smith and Duff I can live with because they don't get regular games for whatever reason.

Thoughts on your manager so far this season: I can't put it any better than 2J has so I'll leave what he said.  He's made some big errors at times that have cost us, but he may actually now be learning from his mistakes, which is a good sign, as he's man enough to admit he's wrong when doing this. He's came in, steadied the ship at a time when nobody else would. Although don't get me wrong, he definitely had an agenda behind this as it puts his name back in the frame for other jobs and was his last chance to re-ignite his career. But actually seeing Charlie play ahead of Duff and Bassong ahead of Taylor is something that most fans want to see, although initially it was forced upon him by injuries, at least he hasn't allowed those to get straight back into the team.

General thoughts on your team so far: We've got a better starting 11 than we've shown over the season so far but we're learning to get over mistakes so the future might be a bit better than it looked a month ago.

Where do you think you’ll finish from this point to the end of the season: Anywhere from 5th to 12th, get in a couple of good signings before the window closes and we could end up having a good season.

Guest Howaythetoon

Where did you expect your team to currently be: Top

Best player so far this season: Taylor

Worst player so far this season: Xisco

Best game so far: Man Utd

Worst game so far: mackems

Who would you like to sign in January: Rooney

Who would you like to sell in January: Xisco

Thoughts on your manager so far this season: He should still be here.

General thoughts on your team so far: Shit after KK was forced out

Where do you think you’ll finish from this point to the end of the season: Bottom 6

Where did you expect your team to currently be: I was expecting us to be pushing for Europe or at the very least comfortably mid-table

Best player so far this season: Shay Given, improved no end from last season and has been back to the world class form we know from him.

Worst player so far this season: Geremi/Cacapa. Slow, weak and we seem to lose most games that they play in. Offer very little to us atm.

Best game so far: Pompey away, totally unexpected and it has seemed to re-ignite our season.

Worst game so far: Mackems, no need to explain.

Who would you like to sign in January: A central midfielder who has pace, power and can spot and make a pass without hitting the opposition, that player will not be easy to find.

Who would you like to sell in January: Alan Smith. We hav clearly done fine without him all season and we would be better off without him at the club.

Thoughts on your manager so far this season: I can't put it any better than 2J has so I'll leave what he said.  He's made some big errors at times that have cost us, but he may actually now be learning from his mistakes, which is a good sign, as he's man enough to admit he's wrong when doing this. He's came in, steadied the ship at a time when nobody else would. Although don't get me wrong, he definitely had an agenda behind this as it puts his name back in the frame for other jobs and was his last chance to re-ignite his career. But actually seeing Charlie play ahead of Duff and Bassong ahead of Taylor is something that most fans want to see, although initially it was forced upon him by injuries, at least he hasn't allowed those to get straight back into the team.

General thoughts on your team so far: Kinnear still doesn't fill me with total confidence but I like his aggression and the way he gets us fighting for everything. We are also playing some neat football at times so I am fairly optimistic about the rest of the season.

Where do you think you’ll finish from this point to the end of the season: Depending on injuries, the window etc I'll guess for 8th. We are much better than Fulham, Pompey, Bolton etc who are above us atm so no reason why we can't finish there.

Where did you expect your team to currently be: I was expecting us to be pushing for Europe or at the very least comfortably mid-table

Best player so far this season: Shay Given, improved no end from last season and has been back to the world class form we know from him.

Worst player so far this season: Geremi/Cacapa. Slow, weak and we seem to lose most games that they play in. Offer very little to us atm.

Best game so far: Pompey away, totally unexpected and it has seemed to re-ignite our season.

Worst game so far: Mackems, no need to explain.

Who would you like to sign in January: A central midfielder who has pace, power and can spot and make a pass without hitting the opposition, that player will not be easy to find.

Who would you like to sell in January: Alan Smith. We hav clearly done fine without him all season and we would be better off without him at the club.

General thoughts on your team so far: Kinnear still doesn't fill me with total confidence but I like his aggression and the way he gets us fighting for everything. We are also playing some neat football at times so I am fairly optimistic about the rest of the season.

Where do you think youll finish from this point to the end of the season: Depending on injuries, the window etc I'll guess for 8th. We are much better than Fulham, Pompey, Bolton etc who are above us atm so no reason why we can't finish there.

Geremi's been alright when called on this season. Can't see what he's done wrong to be placed with likes of Cacapa....Unless you physically can't tell them apart :lol:

Guest Heneage

Where did you expect your team to currently be: Round about here, I thought mid-table that 8-12th ish place just depended how the injuries went I did not however see KK upping and leaving.

Best player so far this season:Bassong's been great, but in terms of impact for me Jonas. He has had the most what I consider fan attention but the guys truly a revelation, big physical penetrating and gets back,  when you look at the likes of Robinho who never chases back past the oppositions penalty box you have to admire Jonas' work rate. Special mention to Oba who has had a good season, scoring regular which is great as he seems a top guy.

Worst player so far this season: Haha ! Typical he scores the winner but Duff's been slight hit and miss, Butt's been frustrating but had his moments, as for who has pissed me off the most Carroll, he gets a chance and just never seems to make any attempt.

Best game so far: Err, I was impressed with Villa at home, as we started passing it well which is nice to see, but then Pompey goes and blows it out of the water, 3-0 at a ground we've been average at is great. The performance was good from what I saw, and the goals were good, its always nice to see both strikers score.

Worst game so far: There's been some iffy halves for us, but the two against boro and sunderland , but thats more as I like to see us spank both, Sunderland hurt the most.

Who would you like to sign in January: A full-back cover is needed really, Charlie can fill in at left back till summer but Right back we're shorter than a midget's trousers. A bit of a leader in the middle of the park would be nice, almost Vieira mould, bit of clout but not like Butt who just fouls. :lol:

Who would you like to sell in January: Smith, other than that don't mess with it.

Thoughts on your manager so far this season: After Stoke I was fuming, he just seemed to have no tactical awareness, the whole bringing on off Taylor over Cacapa seemed to kill it.

General thoughts on your team so far: The last 6 points were a surprise but vital, to know we are 12th over Christmas is nice, feels slightly safer, the whole "Bottom at Christmas" is still quite important subconscious thing.

Where do you think you’ll finish from this point to the end of the season: With Newcastle not even the Lord above knows. I'd like to think 8-9th.

Taken this from another forum, I've also left the questions in the manner they are so some of the fans of other teams can answer this as well.

Where did you expect your team to currently be: With the squad we have i generally thought we'd be roughly where we find ourselves at the mo.

Best player so far this season: Bassong has been a revelation but Given has been back to his best. Difficult to choose between them.

Worst player so far this season: Xisco. Not the kids fault at all really but he cost a fiar amount of money, looked pretty off the pace and then hasnt been seen since. Really cant see it working out for him at Newcastle and I'd bet he'll be back in Spain this time next year.

Best game so far: Villa at home. There weren't really at the races that night but it was one of the few times this year we went into the last few minutes in cruise control. Couple of really good, if very different, goals.

Worst game so far: The gutless showing against Blackburn was the pits. Hull not much better and we were horribly thumped at the Emirates. Out of that trio though, Blackburn was the nadir.

Who would you like to sign in January: I think Jimmy Bullard would be a realistic target and a new left back to challenge or replace the patchy Enrique.

Who would you like to sell in January: Smith would be the obvious one, just hasnt done it for us. I'd like to see the lad Ranger get some lower league experience, ie proper football for an encouraging prospect.

Thoughts on your manager so far this season: Not ideal but a lot better than anybody thought....and better than many fans give him credit for.

General thoughts on your team so far: Very much up and down. Keegan left us in the lurch and we had to turn to a has been to bail us out. To his credit, he's half done that and if we can finish about where we are now then I wont be too disappointed. The defence at long last is beginning to look competent, especially in the middle. Up front, the players we have will always get us goals. Its in the middle we still look very average. I want to see Jonas being told to run forward more and less of the sideways stuff- he's a genuine threat but has looked a rough diamond so far.

Where do you think youll finish from this point to the end of the season: Anywhere between 9th and 15th. We've got some tough fixtures around February- March and its vital we dont spiral into freefall. A cup run would be nice.

Team: Aston Villa

Current Position: 3rd

Where did you expect your team to currently be: 5th or 6th

Best player so far this season: Agbonlahor or Laursen. Agbonlahor has a new wiliness about him, added to his pace, and always was an excellent finisher. Laursen is just brilliant week in, week out.

Worst player so far this season: Marlon Fucking Harewood. Nigel Reo-Coker doesn't impress me much. Milner is struggling a bit, but needs time, and will get it.

Best game so far: Ajax at home, Spurs away, Wigan at home. I much prefer watching us away from home.

Worst game so far: Newcastle away. We just didn't look bothered. Everton away we played poorly, but still won, and scored 3 goals away from home, so that can't really be the worst away match, but i thought our all-round performance in that one was poor.

Who would you like to sign in January: We've two issues. Firstly, we need more strength up front. So I'd like Roque Santa-Cruz. Secondly, when we can hit teams on the break, we're lethal, but when they come to Villa Park and just defend (as they do increasingly) we sometimes struggle to unlock teams. I'd like Gordon Cowans for that one.

Who would you like to sell in January: Marlon Fucking Harewood.

Thoughts on your manager so far this season: He bamboozles and bewilders in equal measure, but every time I see him interviewed, a little bit of me melts and I think how incredibly glad I am to have him as our manager. Relegation certainties to third place in a little over two years. There have been some oddities along the way (Harewood, Knight) but you've got to have faith in someone who delivers that.

General thoughts on your team so far: We've played well within ourselves for much of the season. To listen to the media wankery over us, you wouldn't think this was true, but we've not played anything like as well as we could.  Losing Bouma for the season so far was a great loss, and the recent loss of Carew was the same. At times, we can be absolutely devastating, and I really enjoy watching us. I think we could have a really good season if - as I firmly believe we will do - we pick up the pace for the second half of the season.

Where do you think you’ll finish from this point to the end of the season: Probably 5th, quite possibly 4th, outside chance of 3rd. If we put a run of form together like we did the second half of the season before last, and for a big chunk of last season, then .... really, who knows. I'm also convinced we'll reach the UEFA Cup final, but that's not based on anything resembling rationality.

Good thread  :clap:

Where did you expect your team to currently be: 9th/10th

Best player so far this season: Shay Given/Seba Bassong - one back to his best and one looks to be a real find from whoever spotted him. Both solid and dependable

Worst player so far this season: Xisco, Gonzalez, Cacapa, Caroll - none are up to scratch nor have looked to upto it this season so far. Taylor must get a mention too as it is noticable how stronger we look when he is not involved.

Best game so far: Man United away. Brilliant performance against the world champions even more so as we'd conceded 11 to them the previous season. Set the season up so nicely only for it to go tits up only days later

Worst game so far: Sunderland away. Didn't turn up and as a result the mackems deservedly won

Who would you like to sign in January: Someone to replace Nicky Butt preferably with some athleticism, power and height. A young Vieira type player ideally. We also need someone to partner said new CM but Guthrie/Barton/Geremi should be ok til the end of the season

Who would you like to sell in January: Alan Smith. No explanation required. Might as well sack off Gonzalez if we haven't already and send Carroll out on loan again.

Thoughts on your manager so far this season: Doing better than expected but i hope he isn't here in August

General thoughts on your team so far: Sometimes good, still to often lacking idea and drive which comes from a lack of quality in central midfield. We should be good enough to stay up but top 10 will probably be beyond us.

Where do you think youll finish from this point to the end of the season: Anywhere between 10th and 17th. Although we've played 3 of the big 4 away we're likely to get beat off them all at home and we've have a lot of potentially tight away games that we need to pick up points especially considering the points we've thrown away at home in the corresponding fixture.

Where did you expect your team to currently be: Possibly 8-10.  I do expect higher position however even though the actual results is a bit worse, it is still acceptable as we aren't that far away from Hull City which is the UEFA qualification spot.

Best player so far this season: Hard to single out only one player.  Given, Coloccini, Bassong, Jonas and Owen are all performing very well. Probably I will choose Bassong or Jonas considering their cost.

Worst player so far this season: Taylor.  He has no excuse to perform bad alongside Coloccini.  Butt comes close but he did deliver in a few matches.

Best game so far: Spurs.  Pompey's game is a lot easier imo because Spurs' form is quite good and we have a very solid performance throughout the whole match.  The passing, the tempo, the attack and the defense...it has been a long long time since we have played such a "balanced" football style.  Very impressive.

Worst game so far: Those under Hughton are nothing but shit.

Who would you like to sign in January: A powerful defensive midfielder.  If possible, sign Alexis Sanchez from Udinese as well.  He can play both wings and also upfront which gives us very reliable cover for Jonas and Owen, which are very injury prone.

Who would you like to sell in January: Smith.  Wouldn't mind Geremi too.

Thoughts on your manager so far this season: I know it sounds strange but I am really glad to have a manager who finally send out a formation which is "reasonable" and no players are playing out of position.  Very simple request but don't know why I haven't seen this for a long long time in Newcastle.

General thoughts on your team so far: Back the players, back the manager, and I hope you can, back Ashley, Wise and the scouting team.  We have had enough pain for the last few years and I hope we can finally grasp this chance to back on track.

Where do you think you’ll finish from this point to the end of the season: If no major injuries, I can see us back to 6-7.

Where did you expect your team to currently be: Competing for European spot

Best player so far this season: Bassong.  His pairing with Coloccini has solidified the defense which in turn breeds confidence to throw more into the attack.  A close second is Shay Given who has made some wonderful saves and has been the most consistent performer from the first of the season.

Worst player so far this season: Maybe not the worst but certainly the most dissapointing to me is Nacho Gonzalez.  The central midfield is crying out for some creativity and had he not gotten injured, he could have provided it.  Jonas looks to be the only midfielder with any kind of vision and ability to deliver the canny pass.

Best game so far: Pompey away.  I would have gone with the Man U draw but with the ensuing Keegan mess, we never had the chance to build on that game.

Worst game so far: Giving it away to Stoke

Who would you like to sign in January: A creative, attacking central midfielder.  A guy who make everyone around him a bit better.  With a guy like that and Jonas, our strikers could really do some damage.

Who would you like to sell in January:  Smith, Smith, Smith and Smith.

Thoughts on your manager so far this season: He walked into a shitstorm and has done a fine job getting everything pointed in the right direction.  Given what was available at the time...he looks to have been the right guy at the right time.

General thoughts on your team so far: The uncertainty at the top is and will keep this team from moving substantially forward.  The January window may well tell the story as the squad is both thin and fragile.  There has to be a commitment to shoring up the rotation and a legit attempt to acquiring a creative midfielder.  

Where do you think you’ll finish from this point to the end of the season: As constituted, the club would finish 12th and we'd be an injury or two away from a relegation battle.  With some reasonable signings in January, top 8 is possible.  It would be easier to say after the window closes than it is to say before it opens.  I guess it all depends on Ashley.

Team: Everton

Current Position: 7th

Where did you expect your team to currently be: About that. It could have been better if we had some backbone in the summer.

Best player so far this season: No-one's played particularly well. After a shaky start, Lescott and Yobo are getting back to their best. Special mention to Jags, who, Villa error aside, has been very good overall.

Worst player so far this season: Not sure about "worst" but most disappointing, likes of Yak (although judged only over 10 or so games), Arteta and Lescott at the start.

Best game so far: 2nd half against Man Utd. When the chips were down (i.e. being dominated, bad run of form), we shoved 2 fingers up to everyone and outplayed them completely.

Worst game so far: Merseyside derby in terms of a pathetic performance. Most gutting was Villa, just goes to prove you don't get what you deserve in football whatsoever.

Who would you like to sign in January: Pacy winger/striker, Obinna if we can get his loan finally sorted. Our strikeforce is made of glass, so he would be a good versatile signing. Ideally, a quality attacking mid, but that's not gonna happen.

Who would you like to sell in January: If our squad was big enough, I'd get rid of 5 or 6, but it isn't, so we can't do anything.

Thoughts on your manager so far this season: Starting to get it right, eventually. Made a series of questionable decisions earlier in the season but finally getting back to the "hard to beat" mentality. Would like to be more attacking but hardly an option at the moment.

General thoughts on your team so far: Barring a few games, utter w**k. No fluidity, passing at times is utterly shocking, only thing saving our season is the defence is getting back its traditional resilience.

Where do you think you’ll finish from this point to the end of the season: 6th or 7th. 5th if we get to the form of last year. Fail to sign anyone in January and possibly lower. Think we have too much grit and spirit to drop out of the race for Europe.

To be fair Everton have major injury problems, and 7th isn't that bad for an "utter wank" team now is it (although I suppose the league is so tight that league placings are not as indicative of quality as they usually would be)?

Do you not think too much of Fellaini? Looked good whenever I've seen him.

To be fair Everton have major injury problems, and 7th isn't that bad for an "utter w***" team now is it (although I suppose the league is so tight that league placings are not as indicative of quality as they usually would be)?

Do you not think too much of Fellaini? Looked good whenever I've seen him.

Our performances probably replicate the general (lack of) quality in the league. My frustration also stems from seemingly f***ing up a great chance in the summer in terms of additions to the squad, to seriously challenging the top 4. Instead, Villa have raced past us.

Where did you expect your team to currently be: About 10th

Best player so far this season: Given - still too soon to judge Bassong

Worst player so far this season: Nicky Butt for the same reasons Mick gave.

Best game so far: Sunday just gone & we didn't even play well :snod:

Worst game so far: Sunderland away.

Who would you like to sign in January: Pacy central midfielder.  No idea who.

Who would you like to sell in January: On the assumption we also got to replace them - Duff, Butt, Smith, Ameobi, Carroll

Thoughts on your manager so far this season: Done a decent job after the previous occupier of the position decided he couldn't do it.  Kinnear is not as good a manager as Keegan, but at least he's had the balls to give it a go.

General thoughts on your team so far: Mixed.  Their & their manager's apparent inability to close games out is a worry.

Where do you think youll finish from this point to the end of the season: Around 10th

Your Team: Newcastle United

Where did you expect your team to currently be: Upper mid-table.

Best player so far this season: Jonas Gutierrez

Best game so far: Manchester United (A) 1-1

Worst game so far: Blackburn Rovers (H) 1-2

Who would you like to sign in January: Jimmy Bullard

Who would you like to sell in January: Alan Smith

Thoughts on your manager so far this season: Much better than expected. Has made us a difficult team to beat, losing only 2 of his 12 games and steering us into mid-table. Has dropped a few points by making questionable substitutions (bringing Martins off instead of Owen at Boro being one, playing Beye right-wing, Jonas centre-mid & Taylor right-back in the second-half at home to Stoke), but countering it with the match-winning substitution against Spurs on Sunday. All in all, it looks like the players are playing for him, and we're climbing up the league.

General thoughts on your team so far: Apart from a disastrous spell of 4 defeats in a row when Keegan left and Hughton & Money were in charge, it's been a good season. We could do with a more consistent left-back to Enrique who's done ok-ish, and of course a bit of flair in the centre of midfield. For once we look solid as a defensive unit, with Given, Beye, Coloccini & Bassong all playing extremely well, and with Owen, Martins & Viduka, we'll always look capable of scoring goals.

Where do you think you’ll finish from this point to the end of the season: It could still go either way this year. But I think we've got the players to finish around 10th.

Jesus wept.

I said Xisco too in terms of "worst player" but i did say my reasons and that it wasnt really his fault.

- Large price tag

- Good reputation.

- Dismal early performances (albeit in woeful team performances)

- Injured and now unlikely to find himself anywhere near the starting XI.

I still think good ol' Lady Luck has been particularly harsh on Everton this season.

It has been a canny bit past 2 seasons or so. E.g. having to wait to play you on the last day to get a friggin penalty. Other examples include the Merseyside derby, and Blackburn away. Both ridiculous in their own rights.

But out of adversity we seem to be at our best.

Jesus wept.

I said Xisco too in terms of "worst player" but i did say my reasons and that it wasnt really his fault.

- Large price tag

- Good reputation.

- Dismal early performances (albeit in woeful team performances)

- Injured and now unlikely to find himself anywhere near the starting XI.

Fair enough, I'm just wary of putting him down like that when his only chances have come about when the entire team was doing poorly.

However - I'm not sure what he is doing (or more to the point, not doing) in training to have the likes of Carroll ahead of him on bench duty.

I doubt we could get anywhere near the money we spent on him if we sold him, so I'd rather see him given more of a chance. If he honestly looks like he'll never make it, and we can get most of our money back then I could understand (though not really be behind) selling him on.

Where did you expect your team to currently be: Under Keegan I would expect to be around 7th to 9th at this point, dropping to around 10th at the end of the season.

Best player so far this season: Jonas or Given, Bassong has looked very good in recent games but it's still early doors for him.

Worst player so far this season: Taylor has been poor apart from one decent game at Everton.

Best game so far: Portsmouth away. Excellent team performance, built on a solid backline which is nice to see finally.

Worst game so far: Blackburn or Spurs in the carling cup, both pitiful performances.

Who would you like to sign in January: Bullard and cover for Beye and Enrique.

Who would you like to sell in January: Smith.

Thoughts on your manager so far this season: Done a lot better that I thought he would, instilled some confidence and is picking the team based on form which is a trait lacked in our last few managers. Has made mistakes and dropped some points, but is looking as if he is learning from them, hopefully proved by the last couple of results. Has come in for a lot of unfair shit too.

General thoughts on your team so far: Liking the look of us at the moment, unbeaten in 6 and it doesn't look like it will end soon. The massive plus for me is the defence, we look sturdy back there for the first time in ages and that gives the rest of the team a platform to go and win us games. The midfield is still the weak point particularly the two in the centre, we were unlucky to lose Barton as I thought he gave the centre a bit of bite and also got forward much better than the two we have in now. Hopefully this weakness will be addressed next month. Up front we look good when everyone's fit but could still do with a replacement for Viduka and now it seems Owen as well, will be interesting to see who we go for.

Where do you think you’ll finish from this point to the end of the season: I think we'll finish about where we are now, 12th. Hopefully we can keep this unbeaten run going a little longer and pick some more points up. The real test will come when we eventually do lose a game and to see how the side and JK can pick themselves up from it.