E-book readers

Mike

Forgive my ignorance but what is their purpose?

Space id imagine, ipod touch beats a shit load of books. Also if you ever took a notion to read something, you could just get it up rather than look for it.

Forgive my ignorance but what is their purpose?

It's just a handheld device for books. Usually about the same size as an average book, it has the memory to hold dozens of books at once. The major ones out now seem like they're just finding their legs, but I figure this might be the first year it would be worth owning one.

Btw I didn't realise how few ebook readers are actually on the market, and just how expensive they are for what's basically just an >A5-sized black and white LCD screen.

£199 for the Sony one!

They're fucking crazy expensive!

Ah right, I read a fair few paperbacks and the thought of reading them from a screen horrifies me.

I read books to get away from staring at bloody screens!

Cannit beat the smell of a new book!  :thup:

I understand the space bit though, looking at my bedside table now there are several Andy McNab books piled high on it.  :doh:

:lol: I just put dozens. Forgive me.

Sony one is only 160 books, each page must be a PDF or something :lol:

The fact that you've put a 'lol' emoticon at the end there speaks volumes about you.

Do elaborate dear. You feeling the need to make a pointless smart arsed comment speaks volumes about you mind.

The fact that you've put a 'lol' emoticon at the end there speaks volumes about you.

Do elaborate dear. You feeling the need to make a pointless smart arsed comment speaks volumes about you mind.

You feeling the need to be a coleslaw eating french garlic salesman smeared in liquid faeces says a lot about you.

You feeling the need to be a coleslaw eating french garlic salesman smeared in liquid faeces says a lot about you.

You forgot to add in headphone wearing.

SPEAKS VOLUMES AHAHAH

anyway.

The Sony ebook reader is probably expensive cos the screen is some poncy creation. Its not like staring at a regular screen, that'd knack your eyes. It's made of some witch magic that means you can read it, but without it being backlit. Or some such bullshit.

I was playing this tard at FIFA yesterday and he was singing hallelujah to me, only the word hallelujah was replaced with "liquid faeces" :nope: