The trouble with Islam

Decky

Religion is the biggest cause of war in the world. Bigger than border disputes, bigger than politics, bigger than anything else.

I don't follow any religions. Surely people should be able to pick and choose what they believe in. For example, there's a few bits of Christianity I think make sense, just a few mind you, and I also subscribe to the theory of reincarnation which is another religion all together.

Don't worship any Gods or owt though. Silly that.

Guest The German

Religion is the biggest cause of war in the world. Bigger than border disputes, bigger than politics, bigger than anything else.

I don't follow any religions. Surely people should be able to pick and choose what they believe in. For example, there's a few bits of Christianity I think make sense, just a few mind you, and I also subscribe to the theory of reincarnation which is another religion all together.

Quality stuff! I personal believe in God. Alot! I'm somebody laughed for that I still say there is a God. I'm not believing in the Bibel. Not any word. That's just some invented stuff. But there must be a "God" anywhere. Just must be...

Well from a Muslim's point of view i didn't find it that offending and to be fair there is some truth to what he said but just for refrence:

1-The 72 virgins thing is pretty fake and it hasn't been mentioned anywhere in Islam that when a muslim dies he'll get 72 virgins, its made up so why debate it in the first place?

2-Agree totaly with him with Woman covering their faces, i don't know why they do it ???

"1-The 72 virgins thing is pretty fake and it hasn't been mentioned anywhere in Islam that when a muslim dies he'll get 72 virgins, its made up so why debate it in the first place?"

That is not what extremists and jihadists believe and it IS taught in the Madrassars.  Is it not also mentioned in the Haddith?  Why debate it? because thousands of Muslims think it is true.

Women in Islam cover their faces because of Misogyny.  Ownership and the definite impression they are nothing more than chattels.

Its in  one off the Haddith books (there are man..) but the Haddith itself  isn't completely accurate by the Muslim's own admission and its pretty debateable and its  not why people go around blowing themselves up anyway, "The Madaress" is just arabic for school and they certainly didn't tell me that in my school! Suicide Bombers do what they do mainly because they believe in whatever cause they do it for and think they'll die as martyrs for doing so.

As far as women who cover their faces, its not even in the book that they should do it, Islam specficly told Women to cover up by wearing decent cloth, however the defintion of that was blown way out of porportion and now we have them walking around like their fucking Ninjas, certinly not the case in my country thankfully and i kinda tend to agree with whoever fights it because its just stupid.

Guest elbee909

Quality stuff! I personal believe in God. Alot! I'm somebody laughed for that I still say there is a God. I'm not believing in the Bibel. Not any word. That's just some invented stuff. But there must be a "God" anywhere. Just must be...

Maybe you should look at why you think there must be, rather than just saying to yourself 'there must be'.

Well if you dont believe anything in the Bible or scriptures, what else do you have that makes you say there is a God?  Without the scriptures there is nothing.

Or are you happy with using the argument from ignorance?

Religion is a massive pain the cock but i would say that economic struggle, resources and keep trade routes open are the mian causes of war.

That's bollocks, like. There were a lot of wars in the 20th century, some of them pretty big wars.

Which ones were caused by religion?

A lot of shite is talked about religion being the root of all evil. It's not that simple. But the people who think it is, very often are.

Religion is a human construction. A device for social control and social order.

To me, fundamentalist Islam is just as offensive as  fundamentalist Christianity or fundamentalist Atheism (which leaves me wondering about Atheists' souls, actually).

I dont believe it is the root of ALL evil.  But as they say, religion makes good people do bad things.

I don't find a funnymentalist Christian who will tell me Dinosaurs were on the Ark as offensive as a young jihadist spreading himself over 2 blocks in the name of his religion.

You must tell me about fundamentalist atheism sometime GM. I'm all ears.

Haz, mate, you & I must have had this debate before, surely? Anyway, I suppose by "fundamentalist atheism" I mean people who espouse the values of atheism (by which I mean the commonly-held secular view of the world that material wealth is paramount) with as much vehemence as fundamentalist religious nutters of the Taliban. Just seems a bit of a shallow and spiritually-void perspective to have on the world. But what do I know? Fuck all, is what...because I've not done nearly half as much thinking on this area as sage gurus like yourself. :)

Guest The German

Well if you dont believe anything in the Bible or scriptures, what else do you have that makes you say there is a God?  Without the scriptures there is nothing.

Or are you happy with using the argument from ignorance?

I don't know. Really. But it cannot be. You die an then. There's just.... nothing???