Mort is not prepared to rejoin Magpies

Thespence

only way forward tbh...get a credible chairman to run the club probably with a set budget by ashley...all day to day running handed over to the chairman and ashley to f*** off out of sight and mind

aim for a gradual improvement until the market picks up

we will not be sold under present conditions & the current state of affairs will rip us apart if allowed to continue

That's a good post. Would be good if that happened as at least it would leave executive matters in the hands of a positive and ambitious professional. Mort may not be an expert on football, but at least he understands the importance of transparency, and reacts to situations.

Question is, would the fans who've been wanting him out accept that?

On its own, i'd say no. But it would be a good start,

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but i'd say that 'if' Mort had still been here when it all kicked off then this (Ashley v fans) wouldn't have lasted as long, if at all, as it has.

One of the worst things that the club did or didn't do in the immediate aftermath of KK going was giving us nothing to go on, no comment, no press release.

Don't think that side of things would have been neglected under Mort.

I wouldn't be surprised if Luke Edwards has seen the thread that HTT started and has had a stab in the dark about why Mort was at the game.

Came in here to post the same thing.

Though I think it'd be great if Mort were to come back (for the sole reason that he communicated with the fans better than anyone has in a long time and seemed genuinely concerned about our feelings), I'd say this article is purely based on the fact he was at the match on Sunday,

Believe it when I see it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Luke Edwards has seen the thread that HTT started and has had a stab in the dark about why Mort was at the game.

Came in here to post the same thing.

Though I think it'd be great if Mort were to come back (for the sole reason that he communicated with the fans better than anyone has in a long time and seemed genuinely concerned about our feelings), I'd say this article is purely based on the fact he was at the match on Sunday,

Believe it when I see it.

Maybe its some kind of lame attempt to get the club talking.

Not doing anyone any favours to suggest Mort is coming back whilst Llambias is still in there.

The club probably should come out and confirm it as utter hogwash whilst then telling us what is in store for 2009

Bin Llambias, re-appoint Mort, take the club off the market, get a proper manager in the summer, back him - start again. That'd be my personal way forward, but it's a case of everyone wanting the same thing really, isn't it. Ashley wanting to stay at the club, the fans wanting him to stay.

I think it's feasable and i would love for it to happen. Probably won't though. :(

If he "caught the Newcastle bug" then he will bring a certain amount of passion to his work won't he?  I would think that if one brings passion to their job, when a conflict begins to erupt they won't sit on their arse in London while it gets inflamed.  They won't fiddle while the club burns.  They won't send text messages in the aftermath when face to face resolution is a must.

We've all seen how Mort communicated when he was with the club.  He did it with the fans and I'm sure he did it in the back rooms.  It's fair to say if Mort had been there with the club (as opposed to Llambias idling in London) whatever disagreement arose between Keegan and Wise, et al wouldn't have blown up the way it did.

Sent mine too :D

It's not one saying how Chris Mort's like Lewis Hamilton is it? ;)

:lol: no its not, its one saying that Tooj will hump Dave durring HT at the Liverpool game for the half rime entertainment, if Chris mort comes back.

:D